Ford Sierra/Sapphire/RS500 Cosworth This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Sierra Cosworth.

ABS On my Saph

Search this Thread

Old 29-03-2008, 05:53 PM
fatmike
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry ABS On my Saph

Hey guys, I have just fitted some 4 pot AP brakes on my cossy, and am having slight problems. We bled the brakes and now I think that the bloody abs unit is playing up.... AGAIN. I changed it over a few months back after cooking the old one (no heat shield hehe) and just replaced it with a second hand one off ebay.

I'm not sure if it;s ever been right though, but Now after disturbing the brake system, I've got a problem. The brake pedal seems to go flat to the floor with little resistance, and the wheels can still be moved. But check this out.... The abs unit is constantly making a whining sound as soon as you turn the ignition on, and it takes like 1 minute for it to stop. Then as soon as you press the brake pedal, it starts making the noise again. It's very weird. There also seems to be a hissing noise everytime you push the pedal down, almost sounds like an air leak, but I detected this sound is coming from the silver unit over the other side of the engine bay.

Any thoughts guys..... Is it just a dodgy ABS unit causing all this crap.... ? Cheers

Damn old Ford ABS systems, curse them all
Old 29-03-2008, 09:42 PM
louie1
Regular Contributor

Talking leak

mix a little washing up liquid with water and place it over the valve box and if its leaking it will bubble up
Old 29-03-2008, 10:40 PM
tichy.cosworth
PassionFord Regular

did you bleed the back brakes if you did .did you have the ignition on if you did not bleed the backs with the ignition on
Old 30-03-2008, 12:15 AM
fatmike
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Yeh had ignition on when we bled the backs, its strange though the abs unit is making a terrible racket. I will try the old washing up liquid technique to see if i can find a leak, it almost sounds like its trying to presurize but cant becuase it won't hold pressure in the system.