Thread: ABS On my Saph
View Single Post
Old 29-03-2008, 05:53 PM
fatmike
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry ABS On my Saph

Hey guys, I have just fitted some 4 pot AP brakes on my cossy, and am having slight problems. We bled the brakes and now I think that the bloody abs unit is playing up.... AGAIN. I changed it over a few months back after cooking the old one (no heat shield hehe) and just replaced it with a second hand one off ebay.

I'm not sure if it;s ever been right though, but Now after disturbing the brake system, I've got a problem. The brake pedal seems to go flat to the floor with little resistance, and the wheels can still be moved. But check this out.... The abs unit is constantly making a whining sound as soon as you turn the ignition on, and it takes like 1 minute for it to stop. Then as soon as you press the brake pedal, it starts making the noise again. It's very weird. There also seems to be a hissing noise everytime you push the pedal down, almost sounds like an air leak, but I detected this sound is coming from the silver unit over the other side of the engine bay.

Any thoughts guys..... Is it just a dodgy ABS unit causing all this crap.... ? Cheers

Damn old Ford ABS systems, curse them all