Ford RS Cosworth Parts for Sale Only RS Cosworth parts here please. Only Gold Members can sell parts!

YB turbo engine - Dartford area - £6k

Search this Thread

Old 20-11-2011, 01:39 PM
cossy fiesta
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default YB turbo engine - Dartford area - £6k

Engine
200 Block
92.0 mm Cosworth pistons
C/R 6.9:1
Coopers rings
Mountune oil swifts
Long stud kit
3 angle valve seats
Ported head
Isky valve springs
Modified tappet buckets for solid cams
930 piper mechanical cams
H/P oil pump
Julian Godfrey spec high capacity sump and baffle plates
Ultra light weight flywheel (for 7 ¼ inch clutch set-up)
2wd inlet manifold
83lbhp siemens injectors
NGK spark plugs
2wd Exhaust manifold
Turbo dynamics MD19 RB turbo

The above is fitted to my Dads drag car, which tbh, he has hardly used, I’d say roughly 20 outings (it’s a very scary car!!!) lol

So that means the above has only covered minimal miles since it was built back in 2004 It does NOT smoke, rattle or leak in any way!! It’s also always run on top quality Valvoline 10/60 oil.

The engine was ‘run in’ on an engine dyno (which is probably better than in a car). The original build was carried out by Peter Mason, since then, it has been cared for at Julian Godfrey engineering. In 2006 the bottom end was stripped, inspected & rebuilt (new shells were fitted). It was also decided at this point that the sump be replaced with the high cap, baffle plated item. All work was carried out by JG engineering..

The power of the engine was 560hp on JG engineering’s Dyno this was on Hiperflow turbo ultimate fuel. Unfortunately, my dad has lost the Dyno print out! But I do have one of the other ones to which the power is 493.6hp @ 6,853 rpm and 447.7 lbs-ft @ 4,954 rpm. The engine will rev cleanly round to 9,000 rpm should you wish, however, the rev limit is set to 8,500 rpm.

We are looking for £6000 for the above. You will get everything mentioned above for this price. We will NOT break the engine. It will be left in the car so whoever wish’s to purchase can hear/see it running……

Sorry for the essay!! Thanks for looking, any questions please feel free to ask.. Genuine reason for sale.
Attached Thumbnails -p1000476.jpg   -p1000477.jpg   -p1000478.jpg  
Old 01-12-2011, 03:36 PM
cossy fiesta

Still for sale
Old 05-12-2011, 05:19 PM
matt black

think the fact its been in a drag car wont help sale
Old 05-12-2011, 06:23 PM
Cosnada
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by matt black
and the price 4K max IMHO
Old 05-12-2011, 10:45 PM
cossy fiesta

Originally Posted by matt black

Really, why's that then? imo a road car see's alot more miles and prob has more of a hard time, also any car that's been on a track day...
Old 05-12-2011, 10:47 PM
cossy fiesta

Originally Posted by Cosnada
and the price 4K max IMHO

If you could build the same spec for less than 6k I'd be very surprised..
Old 07-12-2011, 09:15 AM
Toe Knee
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Sadly things don't sell for what they cost to build mate, if you spend 10k on a 2wd saph to a good spec you'll be lucky to ever see that much!!!

Trending Topics

Old 07-12-2011, 09:22 AM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by cossy fiesta
If you could build the same spec for less than 6k I'd be very surprised..
Not many people would want to build a 6.9:1 engine these days though (was all the rage back in 2004 when you had that built, but not anymore), so the odds of finding someone who wants that exact spec are pretty slim, so if you want a quick sale the price needs to reflect that.

I agree though that to the right person who was about to build the same thing anyway, its a bargain, you just might have to wait a while for that person to find your ad!

Last edited by Chip; 07-12-2011 at 09:23 AM.
Old 07-12-2011, 10:15 AM
cossy fiesta

Originally Posted by Toe Knee
Sadly things don't sell for what they cost to build mate, if you spend 10k on a 2wd saph to a good spec you'll be lucky to ever see that much!!!
Yeah i no very well you don't get back what you pay out for things.. I was saying that it cost alot more to build that spec, near 10k as everthing was new.. Plus, it's had a freshen up, and you could just bolt in it in another car have a genuine 560 hp capable engine
Old 07-12-2011, 10:22 AM
cossy fiesta

Originally Posted by Chip
Not many people would want to build a 6.9:1 engine these days though (was all the rage back in 2004 when you had that built, but not anymore), so the odds of finding someone who wants that exact spec are pretty slim, so if you want a quick sale the price needs to reflect that.

I agree though that to the right person who was about to build the same thing anyway, its a bargain, you just might have to wait a while for that person to find your ad!
Chip the reason for the low comp was NOS was going to be used on it, but, my dad soon realised that 560hp in a car that weigh's 1440 lbs all in =
So the gas was all removed, also I didn't mention it before, the only time this engine has seen full boost is on the dyno, as we only run 1bar at thw track and we just manage to keep the car going in a straight line with that much power!! One of the main reasons the car is being broken up, it's just too scary for my dad to drive, so were building an all round that we can both use

Thanks for the comments though guy's. Is always very hard to work out how much things are worth.. I spose I should of put it is ovno

Last edited by cossy fiesta; 07-12-2011 at 10:24 AM.