Ford Mondeo Including ST Discuss all things about the Ford Mondeo from all models inc the ST220/200 etc in here!

mk3 Mondeo tddi won't start

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2014, 10:48 AM
Gazdaman
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mk3 Mondeo tddi won't start

Hi all,

My mk3 tddi has been fantastically reliable until recently. It would just cut out whilst driving and then crank over without starting. Then all of a sudden it would start and run like a dream again.

Fault codes listed were the egr valve and the crank position sensor. So I blanked the valve and replaced the sensor.

It was fine for 150 miles until it cut out and absolutely would not restart.

First port of call was the lift pump. I tested it's getting power when cranking and it physically works, I connected it to 12v and it pumped the remaining diesel out spectacularly. I also disconnected the fuel pump from the filter to the high pressure pump and it pumped fuel when cranking. So I'm taking that as working.

But still when I crank it will not start. Only real remaining code stored is b2139 which relates to a data mismatch between the immobiliser and the pcm. I have had the flashing clock led when cranking sometimes but not others. And I can't help but think the immobiliser should immobilise the starter rather than the fuel? And the immobiliser can't stop an already running car so that can't be my original problem.

Any ideas anyone? Anything I can test? The fuel cut off switch in the foot well isn't pressed.

Gaz
Old 10-08-2014, 03:00 PM
GVK.
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 115 Likes on 108 Posts

Have you cracked off an injector pipe and seen if fuel is getting to the injectors?

Will it run on 'spray' (easy start/brake cleaner etc)
Old 10-08-2014, 03:57 PM
Gazdaman
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I need to try easy start, I haven't yet. And I did crack off some bolts that join the injectors together (leak off pipes).

Some fuel came out when I cranked but no idea if it was a normal amount.

Gaz