Ford Mondeo Including ST Discuss all things about the Ford Mondeo from all models inc the ST220/200 etc in here!

New ford mondeo Mk3

Search this Thread

Old 20-05-2013, 09:38 AM
supergizmo
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New ford mondeo Mk3

Hi guys and girls.

I've just brought a ford mondeo 2lr TDDI 2001 zetec plate and so far i'm extremely happy with the car! coming from a knackered renault megane, i can say that this car is great.

I've got a few niggles with the car though:

1) fuel cap not saying closed, it sticks but will loosen over the day and ping open

2) previous owner shunted the car and has put the bonnet / bumper out of alignment. I need to clip the bumper back in, but on the passenger side, the fog light glass has popped out and no longer with the car.

3) the fans only work on number 4, i had a rover 400 with only 3 and 4 working, so i brought a resistor pack, will it be roughly the same as that?

4) on the dashboard, you've got the 2 center blowers, the one near the passenger side's airbag. the on/off adjustment swivel thingy is stuck, is this a dash out job to fix?

5) the ford radio, i've heard its not a full double din, i'm just wondering do you guys know of any android radio with Bluetooth and GPS that will be able to fit? if not, i'll get a tablet and convert myself.

Thank you for taking the time to read through my message.

Dan
Old 20-05-2013, 11:46 AM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by supergizmo
Hi guys and girls.

I've just brought a ford mondeo 2lr TDDI 2001 zetec plate and so far i'm extremely happy with the car! coming from a knackered renault megane, i can say that this car is great.

I've got a few niggles with the car though:

1) fuel cap not saying closed, it sticks but will loosen over the day and ping open

2) previous owner shunted the car and has put the bonnet / bumper out of alignment. I need to clip the bumper back in, but on the passenger side, the fog light glass has popped out and no longer with the car.

3) the fans only work on number 4, i had a rover 400 with only 3 and 4 working, so i brought a resistor pack, will it be roughly the same as that?

4) on the dashboard, you've got the 2 center blowers, the one near the passenger side's airbag. the on/off adjustment swivel thingy is stuck, is this a dash out job to fix?

5) the ford radio, i've heard its not a full double din, i'm just wondering do you guys know of any android radio with Bluetooth and GPS that will be able to fit? if not, i'll get a tablet and convert myself.

Thank you for taking the time to read through my message.

Dan
1) Lube it up! Squirt the shit out of it with WD40 and get an assistant to activate the release while you waggle the button.

2) The clip behind the bumper can break. Give it a whack, if it doesn't hold in place it's either out of alignment, or broken.

3) Passenger footwell, fan 'resistor'. They can overheat and take themselves out, It's probably that.

4) No, just yank it! Seriously.

5) It's less than 2DIN. You can make a Double DIN headunit fit, but it involves some chopping about. Either do your work thing, or get a single DIN and blanking plate.
Old 20-05-2013, 11:47 AM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

Let me get home and ill do a full write up but the basics are as follows

The cap locking mechanism sometimes just needs lubrication or the spring inside has weakened which means removal
Not difficult but not easy either

As for he bumper, need pics as there are lots of variations of bumper but they have additional supports in the wings and are only clipped in under the headlights and are mainly supported by the inner arch liners and under tray

The fan issue may be the fan motor or the resistor pack, all under the dash so...

Yes it's a centre dash out jobbie to clip it back again....

Which means you've got to get he dash out to make space for the radio replacement so kill 3 birds with one stone
Old 20-05-2013, 11:51 AM
supergizmo
Virgin

Originally Posted by DanW@FastFord
1) Lube it up! Squirt the shit out of it with WD40 and get an assistant to activate the release while you waggle the button.

2) The clip behind the bumper can break. Give it a whack, if it doesn't hold in place it's either out of alignment, or broken.

3) Passenger footwell, fan 'resistor'. They can overheat and take themselves out, It's probably that.

4) No, just yank it! Seriously.

5) It's less than 2DIN. You can make a Double DIN headunit fit, but it involves some chopping about. Either do your work thing, or get a single DIN and blanking plate.

Hi Dan, thank you for the fast reply. I'll give points 1 to 4 ago tonight and see if i get anywhere Thank you for all of your tips
Old 20-05-2013, 12:37 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by supergizmo
Hi Dan, thank you for the fast reply. I'll give points 1 to 4 ago tonight and see if i get anywhere Thank you for all of your tips
Actually, don't yank it! I misread it as the Airbag side vent not the centre one! Here's how to remove it...

http://www.talkford.com/topic/61339-...-vent-removal/
Old 20-05-2013, 12:40 PM
supergizmo
Virgin

Thank you