Ford Mondeo Including ST Discuss all things about the Ford Mondeo from all models inc the ST220/200 etc in here!

boost diaphram

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 10:56 AM
rammer
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default boost diaphram

Hi All
I had to change mine and I found this article that someone had put on here a couple of years ago, most helpful, the only addition I would add is that when undoig the three hex nuts have something underneath as if like me a clumsy t@@@ with fat fingers the hex screws are very tiny and if dropped they are lost, plus the central 14 mm nut once removed it is best to mask the thread with tape or count the threads ,when this is removed it supports a small spring, another thing that can drop, I have put the contact number at the bottom , ask for Chris Dunne total cost including VAT and postage to France was 20 quid bonus

well i had this boost valve/diaphram thingy delivered at 11.45 this morning and it was fitted by 11.55 this morning!! it was so simple to do

this is the item (sorry i came over all CSI and had to show you a scale against a 2pence piece)

the packing on the left, item, 2p piece

To Check If You Have A problem

Pull off this pipe Red Arrow if you have fluid(diesel) dripping from it then you need to read on.

To fix

now you need to leave the pipe off to let it all drip out and undo the cover black circle unscrew the 15mm nut and take off the metal cover.

there are 3 small hex bolts that also need to come off at this point.

after you have done that the bolt and bit its attached to should come away (with a little bit of persuasion its in there tight).

The diaphram will fall out. now you should follow the steps in reverse

contact details for the part ask for diesel department Chris Dunne

Parkinsons of Lincoln
Tel. 01522 530176

so helpfull