Ford Focus ST225 (MK2) 2005-2010 Everything relating to the Mk2 ST225 preface & facelift versions from 2005 to 2010

Focus ST 2.5 engine information

Search this Thread

Old 18-04-2013, 11:22 PM
Gazzonator
Gary Krishna

Received 66 Likes on 54 Posts
Default Focus ST 2.5 engine information

I've got to rebuild the engine on my Focus ST3 but need some information for it, things like torque settings, info on the sealants used etc........

Does anyone have access to the information on rebuilding the 2.5 5 cylinder lump or know where I can get it?

Even better if someone works at a Ford or Volvo dealer, would they be able to print off the information for me? Of course I don't expect it for nothing so there will be a drink in it for someone if they can help me out!

I did ask an old friend of my dad's if he could sort me something out as he's a master technician and workshop foreman at my local Ford dealer but he just told me to piss off which I thought was helpful!

If anybody can help me, it'd be very much appreciated!

Cheers,

Gaz.
Old 19-04-2013, 04:09 AM
GUZZLER
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What have you done to the engine Gary?

I did have a torque list, not sure what I done with it but will have a look later.
Old 19-04-2013, 04:28 AM
Gazzonator
Gary Krishna

It wasn't me! Honest!

I've bought it with a suspected cracked liner as it's misfiring it's nuts off. I haven't done any checks myself yet as i haven't collected it yet but it's been into a Ford dealer and they suspected the fault to be an internal fault with the engine. First thing to do is a compression test to see what the score is but if it needs rebuilding/replacing, I'm not worried as I bought it knowing that might be the case and the car was cheap enough for me to have a punt!

Cheers Matt, that'd be much appreciated!!
Old 19-04-2013, 04:38 AM
GUZZLER
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Liners are quite a common problem on them, the facelift cars seem a bit better but I have seen some with the same issue.

I bet you end up trying to find an RS running gear for it
Old 19-04-2013, 05:08 AM
Gazzonator
Gary Krishna

It's an '07 plate so it's not a facelift one. It's a shame really because it is a very nice car with pretty much every single option on it apart from sat nav.

I've managed to source another engine for it, the only thing being is that I have to put it together again first as it's been stripped for inspection.

I'm only after about 300 bhp once it's all up and running as I think that'll be a nice car to use daily then so not too worried about getting an RS engine tbh, plus I bet the RS engine will cost me a pretty penny too!!

I'm trying to fight the urge to put steel rods and low comp pistons in while it's in bits though!!
Old 19-04-2013, 08:09 AM
Thrustyjust
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Low comp pistons help the liner issues , due to a lower comp ratio. Not that thats helping you much !! If its out, do it. Speak to Don at Kalmar Union, he lives up your way.
Old 19-04-2013, 09:11 AM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

the moderator jay, has one in bits

if you want to do a diy rebuild i'm sure he'll be able to supply you with some figures

alternativly you could go to the likes of jamsport as their name seems to pop up regulalry
Old 19-04-2013, 09:51 AM
Gazzonator
Gary Krishna

Originally Posted by Thrustyjust
Low comp pistons help the liner issues , due to a lower comp ratio. Not that thats helping you much !! If its out, do it. Speak to Don at Kalmar Union, he lives up your way.
Nice one, cheers mate!
Old 19-04-2013, 09:52 AM
Gazzonator
Gary Krishna

Originally Posted by dojj
the moderator jay, has one in bits

if you want to do a diy rebuild i'm sure he'll be able to supply you with some figures

alternativly you could go to the likes of jamsport as their name seems to pop up regulalry
I know mate, I'm getting the engine from Jay!! Lol!