Ford Focus ST This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Focus ST range

mk225 focus p2135 fault

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2024, 12:13 PM
LeviST225
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mk225 focus p2135 fault

Hey everyone, can anyone shed any light on the issue i am having with my 06 ST225.

I've just had a fully rebuilt engine in my car and uprated internals E.I everything ready for a stage2 remap RS plugs, stage 2 intercooler, 3" downpipe, decat 2.5 scorpion exhausts, RS clutch/flywheel, plenum and couple other bits

i've ran my car in over the recommended 1k miles on a base map just waiting for my car to be serviced and have a stage2 remap put onto it, for the past 3weeks when my car is fully warm after driving for a bit and i put my foot down to over take or get upto speed etc my battery light comes on for a few minutes then goes off then after that i get a slight resistance in my accel pedal then it goes straight in reduced accel limp mode, i have a OBD2 reader and when i plug it in and scan it comes up with the yellow (!) but when it says 'Codes found' its 0 - the fault that comes up is P2135 Throttle/Pedal position switch a / b voltage correlation. i've replaced the Pedal itself with a new one and still happened, i've now replaced the throttle body and redone the clocks and the car was fine on pick up, i had got probably a couple miles from the garage and it came up straight again after the battery light had came on, my battery is a couple months old and is charging and sitting at the correct voltage there is no issue with my alternator.. could the basemap on the car be causing it go throw up the P2135? as everything that is known for that fault has been replaced and its still happening, i turned the car on yesterday and it was up on the dash i turned the engine back off for a couple minutes. turned it back on and it was still there i then took the car out and probably got 500yards and the limp mode/ reduced accel error vanished and the car returned too normal, i proceeded to carry on driving and within a couple miles it came back on again and stays constantly on even when erasing the code with the obd reader. I'm at loose ends and nowhere i search seems too show or say people have fixed the issue more of the constant same questions being asked.

Thanks