Ford Focus ST This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Focus ST range

RS Body Kit - Sorry For Asking But....

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2014, 07:02 PM
AutoFreak
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation RS Body Kit - Sorry For Asking But....

HI folks, I am thinking of buying a 2008 ST in white and although they already look an amazing car, I want an RS. The problem is that I do not have the region of £20'000 which brings me to the above question......

I am looking into buying a RS body kit but the only place that I can see them is on ebay from a company that are looking around £2000. I have done my research and I do understand that the actual FORD parts are crazy money so and I am also aware of the wheel spacer problems etc so I know its going to be an expensive project.

Please, please dont comment on how I should just go and buy an RS if I want an RS etc. I am purely looking advice on the body kit.

Oh..... Hi guys and thanks for reading my first post. I look forward to chatting
Old 01-06-2014, 08:44 PM
bobbob
Regular Contributor

Hi, the body kit options on eBay I'm sure your aware are fibreglass, I can't comment on how they fit as I've not dealt with them but your biggest problems are wheel arches. The rs ones are much wider and if the kit contains fibreglass ones be aware as if you bond them the the steel body they expand and contract at different rates and will crack, if I was you I'd leave it as a st and enjoy it. I had a st before my rs and think they are great cars.
Old 01-06-2014, 08:52 PM
AutoFreak
Virgin

Thank you for the reply. I hadn't thought about them being fibre glass. Hmm, good point ! This is the kit that I was talking about http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171030143421
I do like the ST but it's not beefy enough looking for me. I have an Audi A4 that's a real head turner at the minute and I am stuck between selling it to go for something stock looking
Old 01-06-2014, 09:06 PM
chris cdti
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I know your wanting an RS kit for your ST as you think they dont look beefy enough. But a good wheel choice on an ST can make all the difference and the money your going to spend on body mods, stick it into how it goes and corners?
Old 01-06-2014, 09:27 PM
AutoFreak
Virgin

Yes, I know what you mean. Maybe a nice set of wheels and a few bits and bobs instead. I assume that you can fit the bonnet vents, wing vents and RS spoilers to the ST ok ?
Old 01-06-2014, 09:53 PM
chris cdti

Yeah bonnet vents can be done easily enough and the rs spoiler is a direct swap. Side vents can be stuck on as there is copies BUT they may look out of place.
Old 01-06-2014, 10:12 PM
AutoFreak
Virgin

Stuck on ? Really ? Hmm.
Old 01-06-2014, 10:15 PM
chris cdti

the RS has a front wing that allows the vent to fit the ST does not...........
Old 02-06-2014, 12:16 PM
Jago

plus dont you have to get whole new rear quarters to fit ? also the rear bumper needs brackets on them to mount it up.

i know of someone who has tried this and not mounted the brackets up, so when they are tootling down the motorway the rear bumper will flex outwards and look shit as the wind catches it.

nothing better than an ST that can dick all over an RS at a fraction of the price including the mods.