Ford Focus RS This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Focus RS Range.

Labeled Illustrations of Fiesta Components.

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2009, 11:22 PM
jimsayshi
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Labeled Illustrations of Fiesta Components.

Last year I picked up 51 plate Fiesta 1.25 Zetec with 43k miles on the clock. A year later and plenty of motorway miles under it's belt I've just past the 60k mile mark. And it's starting to need a bit of maintenance. Which is a good thing as it's probably a reasonably simple car to start learning on.

Earlier today I noticed the driver's side inner driveshaft boot has oil all over it. See pics. (Looks like I can't post pics on this thread even though I've put them in my pics folder. Anyone know why?)

It looks like there's a split somewhere and it either needs gluing or replacing. Hope it's not to bad, as I'm under the impression it would probably need a new driveshaft. And while I'm at it, the wheel alignment needs sorting as the steering wheel hangs anti clockwise and when I had the car serviced at a main stealer 6 months ago. I was told one of the bushes is starting to split. So there's a few things for me to be getting on with.

So I picked up the Haynes manual I'd ordered earlier and set about turning to the driveshaft section, and read up on replacing the inner boot. Read it twice... read it three times... and finally a fourth time. But no matter how often I read it today, when you have no idea what the inner member, outer member, or splines are, to name a few on the 'come again' list. You've got no idea what on earth Tinkerbell and Co are actually talking about. Which means, unless you're already well versed in the appropriate knowledge you're right royally buggered. (I have a joke but best not). Understanding the Ford Fiesta Haynes manual makes working out the Dusty Bin 3-2-1 prizes (for those that remember it) look like a piece of p***.

Which brought me to Passionford. As Einstein's no longer available I ended up having to turn to Goggle to find the missing pieces of the Da Vinci code.

Do you guys know of any websites or PROPER manuals that have properly layed out, fully labeled comprehensive illustrations of all the components that are covered and featured. Not just the ocassion photograph or illustration that leaves you guessing what everything else looks like.

Oh hang on a minute. I've just found the Haynes manual published date...

April 1st