Ford Focus RS This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Focus RS Range.

experience with bluefins?

Search this Thread

Old 27-10-2008, 05:48 PM
Chris69
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default experience with bluefins?

I have a bluefin installed on my 2litre focus, had a RR day and the graph, in particular the torque line was all over the place
i've just had them send me through a so called optimised map to replace the original one sent out with the unit-
it feels different and smoother will i see and improvement on a RR ??
opinions please
Old 28-10-2008, 11:37 AM
Alex the kid
Part of the Furniture

youd of thought theyd of sent the best map originally lol. i had a bluefin for my 1.6 if it feels smoothed out then they should of cracked it for you. fingers crossed for better gains. i ue dreamscience now and had a live map for the frs engine. cant beat a live mpa im converted lol.
Old 29-10-2008, 09:15 PM
tarmac terriost
Regular Contributor

i read some where a few times that people have been less than impressed with the bluefin superchip on there rs or other blue ovals,makes them run rough and bring the engine management light on,but have also read that they seemed to make a difference too, have heared lots of good reports on the dream science unit which has punted out some good results,but like alex said cant beat a life map as it get the best from the car as it is under proper load on the road.

alex seen your feature in fast ford nice car you got there m8ty bit of a que car nice surpize for the unexpecting lol

at the end of the day its just matter of picking the right ecu/management for the job to get the most from the mods and from the car its self, but not only this it really depends on how good the mapper is to get the best from your car.

might be a good test to see which ecu/management/chip works best on the rs focus on a std car , one with a few mods and a heavy mod one to see which one comes out on top for power etc but also is valve for money too

ps glad superchips got your car sorted m8 just need to get it on the old rollers to see if there is a difference
Old 29-10-2008, 09:49 PM
Alex the kid
Part of the Furniture

bluefin or dreamscience wont be great on a modified car there made for standard cars so on a modified rs id say a live map is a must

cheers for the comment on the featur mate gladyou like it its weird people recognising it lol