Ford Focus RS This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Focus RS Range.

Proalloy air to air intercooler

Search this Thread

Old 23-12-2006, 07:28 PM
alibongo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Proalloy air to air intercooler

Hey guys have any of you fitted one of these yet? am looking to go to the next stage of tuning ( around 300/320 bhp) I want to keep it reliable and drivable so I will fit a gt28 and zaust manifold ,not made my mind up about that one, I was looking to use the collins cast jobby but no one will tell me if its any good if not it will have to be a P/D one............anybody got any thoughts??????????? Hey I only like doing a job once!!!!
Old 23-12-2006, 10:57 PM
Dog
Part of the Furniture

I'd vote tubular over cast any time! So the PD one is the way to go, I have a motorsport tubular one on mine, couldnt justify the expense of the PD one however nice a piece of kit it may be!

What mods do you have already?

A couple of the lads on the RSOC BB's are now running or are in the process of upgrading to the air to air setups so it may well be worth your while having a looksie on there!

Rich
Old 24-12-2006, 03:15 PM
Focus_RS1658
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Default Re: Proalloy air to air intercooler

Originally Posted by alibongo
Hey guys have any of you fitted one of these yet? am looking to go to the next stage of tuning ( around 300/320 bhp) I want to keep it reliable and drivable so I will fit a gt28 and zaust manifold ,not made my mind up about that one, I was looking to use the collins cast jobby but no one will tell me if its any good if not it will have to be a P/D one............anybody got any thoughts??????????? Hey I only like doing a job once!!!!
I just got my car back from Radtec had an intercooler kit fitted after having the GT28RS conversion by Rob@SCC back in April and it's a lovely bit of kit, car feels a lot sharper and responsive mine made 344bhp last night it went a touch lean but that was at the common 5000rpm missfire mark that missfire was spiking well lean too so if anyone has the 5k missfire i advised you get it on the rollers and check the fueling. So now need a uprated fuel pump, uprated swirl pot and uprated injectors too...

Still got headwork, cams, rods & pistons, maybe inlet manifold too and finish it off with mapping it.

Radtec are knocking out the kit for Ł620 for group buys of 5 or more on the http://bbs.rsownersclub.co.uk/

http://bbs.rsownersclub.co.uk/showthread.php?t=104471

most of us FRS owners use that forum now
Old 27-12-2006, 01:18 PM
rssteve
Advanced PassionFord User

alibongo

where abouts in Dorset are you. im in Weymouth.

guess you live in winborner from your other posts? Doy uo have a personal plate seen one a few months back parked outside the shops on the main road there.
Old 27-12-2006, 04:14 PM
alibongo

Default rs steve

Hey buddy I live up here in corfe mullen.........but the foci does not come out very often ! 3yrs old and 10k on the clock..! as for the mods :- blue fin ,decat, full mongoose system ,Ebc discs and pads all round goes well just want MORE power lol btw no personal plate but if you look at it it says Hello when you see it you will understand !
Old 16-01-2007, 08:37 AM
Mike at Corby Motorsport

Yep Pro Alloy way to go - they have just done a load of alloy work on the Reyland Motorsport new Escos. 700 BHP anyone ?
Old 16-01-2007, 11:29 AM
AlexRS2782
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Default Re: Proalloy air to air intercooler

Originally Posted by alibongo
Contact Rob @ SCC Performance in the 1st instance matey, as he can advise you of the best options available to you

I'm in the process of buying then fitting the Pro Alloy air-air as when you hit 300bhp or more it has been proved the chargecooler system isnt very effective.

Manifold wise if you've got the cash the ceramic coated PD inconel manifold is the business not just for performance but also looks