Ford Focus RS This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Focus RS Range.

DIFFERENCE BETWEEN FOCUS RS'.

Search this Thread

Old 28-08-2006, 10:11 AM
steve0-rs
Never Endin' Spendin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DIFFERENCE BETWEEN FOCUS RS'.

Hey all,

Just registered with the site. Looks very good and informative. Im looking to buy a Focus RS. Been reading up about them and just have a slight query. I know there were two models made, the later having some kind of extra stiching on the seats. Firstly, is this true? Are there any other differences between the two models i.e speed, suspension, interior, exterior?? Also, when did the change take place i.e. 52/03/53 reg???

Cheers
Steve
Old 28-08-2006, 02:35 PM
kmrobertson3
Regular Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is some snippets from the RS owners club website of a few of the differences, nothing really to worry about the car is awsome.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

According to the Evo mag with the RS Focus buying guide, the Phase 2 cars can be identified by.....

"having extra stitching in the base of the front seats, a pink spotted grommet on the throttle cable, the engine start sticker round the starter button and the removal of the dimmer button for the clock."

I've got the "engine start" thingy, but also have the "dimmer button". I also can't see a pink grommet on the throttle cable. So which kind of RS do i have? It's a 53 plate (September 2003).

I do get some vibration from the throttle when driving along the motor way. My foot is just resting on the throttle and crusing at 70mph, and can feel the vibration.

Does Ford fit this grommet for free, and if i have a Phase 2 car, why aint it got the grommet?
September 2003 (Built July 2003)
Pink throttle bracket
Engine Start Sticker
AE Sticker on "A" pillar (but AF when purchased)
Dimmer Switch
No Stiched seat bases...........

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

September 2003 Car

Pink Throttle Thing
Engine Start Sticker
Unsure of map, can't see this on the pillar, seems to be AF from what I've read here and how it responds
Dimmer Switch
No Stiched seat bases
Silver Headrest inserts
Lumber control on driver seat only

Everyone seems to be different!!