Ford Focus RS This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Focus RS Range.

Milltek Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2006, 09:41 AM
Willow
Part of the Furniture

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Milltek Exhaust

Anyone fitted it themself???

I have but got a nasty rattle when letting off from highish revs - it sounds like it's coming from the flexible pipe that goes up over the sub frame - anyone else had this and anyone have a clue what it is???????

I've had a look and the exhaust isn't touching anything! - When it's cold it doesn't happen - once it's warmed up it's starts.
Old 11-03-2006, 11:46 AM
kmrobertson3
Regular Contributor

I fitted the Milltek system because my standard exhaust was rattling, but when the car was up on the ramp at rapid fit I noticed the exhaust silencer was touching the heat shielding between silencer and car chassis. The fitter at rapid fit said that I had obviously been going through puddles too fast as it was the force of the water which slightly bent the heatshielding and caused it to occasionally strike and rattle against the exhaust silencer. So turns out I didn't need new Milltek after all . But I had planned to get one anyway to be fully stainless all the way through.

So mate check all round the silencer area for buckled heat shielding, chances are your exhaust will be fine.

As for fitting it yourself, rapid fit only asked £20 from me. They had to use blow torch to remove nuts and bolts so wasn't a doddle.
Old 11-03-2006, 04:06 PM
Willow
Part of the Furniture

I fitted mine meself then had the rattle - was a piece of cake - just had to angle grind the old one in half to remove.

Found the problem anyways - the decat pipe was sat a touch to near the front causing the flexipipe to just touch the drive shaft when it got hot - there's a seem weld around the pipe right at the level of the Drive shaft.

Anyway undid the two bolts holding the decat on and the top turbo joint and slid it back 1/4 inch and now perfect.

Thanks for your response tho.
Old 11-03-2006, 07:33 PM
kmrobertson3
Regular Contributor

Glad to hear your sorted mate.

It's all about information share