Ford Focus Range This Section Contains All The Ford Focus Model Specific Forums.

Focus boot release problem!

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 08:30 AM
Sportyka

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Focus boot release problem!

Hi all, Ive got a mk2 Focus 1.6Pet 55Plate and weve been having a boot release problem with it.

Basically it sometime openes by itself worryingly whilst driving but also whilst stationary.

So this morning ive taken out the unit and checked it all over to find no obviouse problems, no water ingress no burn marks no nothing.

Fitted it back in and now it wont lock at all so now I have a constantly open boot.

Any help please!
Old 03-01-2012, 01:52 PM
dave_lee
Virgin

sounds daft but is it in the lock possision? i.e press the button to open it!?

other thing is thers is slight movement in the bolts so slack them off and move the lock then tighten them up... my lock without the plastic bit the outside of lock on is at the bottom of the hole in the boot if you get where im going with this. so theers a gap at the top and hardly at the bottom of the lock.
Old 14-05-2012, 11:29 PM
Slik Johnson
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Ive got the same problem in my Mk1. The boot just opens itself every now and then but then wont shut ie, you slam the boot shut but it bounces straigh back up. If i lock the car the boot then locks along with it but it soon opens again. Only happened a few times but happened on Monday and now the electrics dont work so it all has to be done manually and not through the fob or boot release.
What the hell do i do?