Ford Fiesta This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Fiesta Range of cars.

New car problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2014, 09:47 PM
wizzywig27
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New car problem

Hi all

Recently bought a second hand car from Allen Ford, had it a week tomorrow. A day after I got the car I asked the OH if she thought the exhaust was popping a bit, she said no, so left it at that.

Anyway, tonight I had another listen and it's definitely popping. I had a look at my warranty but this does not cover exhausts. Do I have ANY leg to stand on? I did test drive it and it sounded ok.

Thanks in advance
Old 19-07-2014, 02:58 PM
ElvisRockVinyl
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How old mate? it's always worth giving them a ring as see if they can help you, you never know.

Generally I hate dealerships with a passion because of warranty's, I have many annoyed customers come to me with exhaust problems because the dealerships riggle out of it, they find any loop hole!, if it states it isn't covered then your be hard pressed but like I said have a word with them as technically it would have had to passed an mot and if there is a hole in the exhaust due to corrosion then it's unfit for the road as crazy as that sounds, I had a customer take my local ford dealership to court over the same issue and he won on the grounds the car was suppose to be sold in road worthy condition and it wasn't.

Last edited by ElvisRockVinyl; 19-07-2014 at 02:59 PM.
Old 21-07-2014, 09:58 PM
bav
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What engine is it?

Bav