Ford Fiesta This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Fiesta Range of cars.

fiesta mk6 central locking problem

Search this Thread

Old 21-07-2012 | 05:19 PM
ldefeo
Virgin

Default fiesta mk6 central locking problem

Hi all i have a mk6 2002 model fiesta zetec 1.4 but an issue with the central locking, i will try to explain as its a little confusing - at least to me

basically i can Lock ALL the doors from either the passenger or drivers side using the key

however if i try to unlock the doors it goes a bit wrong

from the drivers side the key turns the full way but only unlocks the rear door on the drivers side.

from the passenger side i cant turn the key (only a few degrees) hence unlock any of the doors

ive taken the passenger door apart to have a look i got myself a new locking mechanism (the solenoid part also) from the scrapyard. I plugged it in and behaves in exactly the same way when operating the key from the drivers side. This would indicate the problem is electrical?? note the solinoid seems separate from the key mechanism, i dont know how they connect.

But then again why doesnt the key turn on the passenger side, and why is it that both the doors dont unlock on the passenger side, and if its electrical why am i able to lock all the doors???

any help would be great

Thanks