General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Boundary Rules..Land aquiring etc? Anyone KNOW this...?

Search this Thread

Old 17-05-2005, 07:19 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Received 127 Likes on 97 Posts
Default Boundary Rules..Land aquiring etc? Anyone KNOW this...?

If you fence some land of and tend to it for X amount of years it becomes yours....

Does anyone know the way this works and how many years it is????
Old 17-05-2005, 07:26 PM
philc
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Adverse possession refers to the occupation of land against the interests of the real owner by someone who does not have title to it. The adverse possessor, or squatter, must intentionally possess the land (and prevent both the world at large and the rightful owner from using it) in a way that is adverse to the interests of the proper owner (ie. he must not be holding the land as a tenant or licensee) and he must act as if he were the occupying owner and demonstrate that no-one else has so acted.

It is possible for a squatter to obtain title by adverse possession if the owner has failed to demonstrate his ownership of the land for a prescribed period (usually 12 years). For example, if your neighbour takes possession of part of your land, fences it off, locks any access gates (to prevent you enjoying its use) and "cultivates" or otherwise uses it for the prescribed period as if it was his own, then he might eventually be able to have the annexed land legally transferred to him.

It is your responsibility as a landowner to prevent wilful encroachment upon your property. If you fail to do so, or fail to take action to recover any land encroached upon, within the period prescribed by the Limitation Act then you are in very grave danger of losing title to the affected land.
Old 17-05-2005, 07:28 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

aint got a clue but if thats the case im off the epping forrest for me retirement lodge idea

my old boss nicked 2 acres of land in hertfordshire where his fooking masive house was, just to his building was centered to it

but hes fooking minted and all hes gotta do it place the fence back if they every noticed , its all green belt bollocks anyway

id settle for a potting shed at this point in me life though
Old 17-05-2005, 07:31 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Received 127 Likes on 97 Posts

Cheers Phil

ITs a job im doing. The neighbours are WANKERS! They are so gealous of the work my customer is having done they are being SO PETTY it is unbeleivable! We are talking 1 and a half inches here of land Basically, the drives are split by a fence, this is the neighbours fence . It sits 1 and half inches into their property. My customers drives buts upto the edgings between the fence posts ..always has...was tarmac. We have taken the mac up to block pave. The block pave will then of course butt up to the edgings as PER NORM! The have had a big argument over it, and the wanker has said they cant but the block paves up to the edgings...FFS what an arsehole....so im hoping we could fuck him over with this rule
Old 17-05-2005, 07:38 PM
philc
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.boundary-problems.co.uk/ should answer any queries you have