Fitness / Weight Training Discussions Don't drive around with 4 chins! Chat to like minded folk in here and get yourself back to a decent health and fitness level in no time.

Any body building people/dieticians..........

Search this Thread

Old 28-10-2005, 09:31 AM
Chrissy_bwoy
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

stu, for a start id personally break those movements up, concentrate on one area per day or session. n are you breaking those up into sets? ie 3 lots of 5 with a rest in between?

http://www.ast-ss.com/training/exerc...sp?bp=Leg&pn=1

i find this site helps with different exercises

probably an idea also to concentrate on losing the weight you want before getting stuck in with more serious weights.
Old 28-10-2005, 09:38 AM
mattbibs
PassionFord Post Whore!!

paul always gives top advice! i would defo be interested in reading a fitness part to PF!

just wondering as i was sat in the pub last night ....

ordered a coke rather than drink beer all night and a mate said, why avoid beer cos of the calories and order a coke with 12 spoons of sugar in it!

do you peeps on strict diets still allow yourself a coke? or it it just water and protein shakes?
Old 28-10-2005, 10:02 AM
Paul Eggleton
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Stu, I disagree with Chrissy Bwoy. At this stage keeping everything in one workout it fine. Only once you feel you can no longer train each bodypart to failure should you consider splitting a routine.

You are also doing one of the two key exercises for overall strength and toning which is great. This is squats - keep it up. I would also add in deadlifts, but not on the same day as squats as they are both big exercises.

Deadlifts are when you start with the bar on the floor, feet are shoulder width apart, hands grip the bar just outside shoulder width. Bend at the knees (upper legs parallel with floor), back straight. Pick the bar up keeping your back straight as possible. If your back starts to round then the weight is too heavy.

I think the key for you stu is probably intensity. Although I'm sure it feels pretty intense for you now though. People do not realise how strong they are. The fact that you are doing the workout twice a day is testament to the fact you could lift a lot more. This is always hard though when you are at home and there isn't enough weight or someone to necessarily watch you on something like squats. I bet you a tub of protein powder stu that you could actually squat clsoer to 100kg under the proper conditons (in a gym with a squat rack).

I think this is why you have trouble with tone. The above routine is more like circuit training.

There are two ways forward Stu, you can decide which works best.

Firstly – walking the dog is great, do it as often as possible and each time try to pick up the pace. I think a heart rate of 110-130 is good, so you can still hold a reasonable conversation – even if it is to the dog 20mins minimum each time.

Training itself:

a) Increase intensity - Keep doing what you are doing, but pick up the pace, repeat the routine 2, then 3 times after itself as you progress. Also mix up the order of the routine. If it means only doing it once during the day, but you do it for longer in one period and work up more of a sweat then this will be better. Keep it up for at least 30mins

b) Go for more of the weight training angle. The above approach is more circuit training. If you can get hold of more weight, start to increase them so that once you can do at least 10 reps on an exercise, it is time to up the weight. Deadlifts will be good here. You can pile all the weight on without fear of dropping it on your head or hoisting the bar on your shoulders.

As you progress you may find you are too tired. This is when you go from 3 days on, one day off to. Monday, Wednesday, Friday weights. The days in between walking the dog etc.

Have a read of the above and tell me what you think. Also mention what you are doing for diet as that will help too.

Paul
Old 28-10-2005, 10:13 AM
Paul Eggleton
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by mattbibs
Paul always gives top advice! i would defo be interested in reading a fitness part to PF!

just wondering as i was sat in the pub last night ....

ordered a coke rather than drink beer all night and a mate said, why avoid beer cos of the calories and order a coke with 12 spoons of sugar in it!

do you peeps on strict diets still allow yourself a coke? or it it just water and protein shakes?
Thanks Matt. I am actually not that good keeping to my own diet. I've certainly cut down the booze and only have a couple of pints a week on a saturday now. I am also partial to full fat mayonaise but this is with my tuna, sweetcorn and jacket spud which I have for dinner each day.
Old 28-10-2005, 10:35 AM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator
PassionFord Gold Member (Male)
Official PassionFord Trader
Administrator

Received 95 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by Chrissy_bwoy
http://www.ast-ss.com/training/exercises/execution.asp?bp=Leg&pn=1

i find this site helps with different exercises
Brilliant site that, thanks for the link

Paul Eggleton
Thanks for your input Paul
I will take onboard what you have said and start to make more inroads to a decent level of fitness this winter.

Deadlifts are when you start with the bar on the floor, feet are shoulder width apart, hands grip the bar just outside shoulder width. Bend at the knees (upper legs parallel with floor), back straight. Pick the bar up keeping your back straight as possible. If your back starts to round then the weight is too heavy.
I sadly have a BIG problem with deadlifts, my back is quite fragile and gives constant daily pain after an accident i had some time ago, my lower discs rub together. This is one of the reasons i badly wish to improve my lower muscles and ABS, to improve lower spine support.

Other than the above, i am ok with everything else you have suggested. My diet is crap, i used to be the original sugar monster. 3 sugars in tea, 3 or 4 spoons on my cereal, always eating cakes, biscuits and addictive heavily to caffeine drinking 2 cans of pepsi PER HOUR on average, with tea and coffee in between. Not to mention smoking 60 fags a day for the last 18 years too.

Fiirst i gave up smoking, 2 years ago.

Then in the last 6 months i have stopped the sugar almost totally by cutting it down to 1/2 a spoon in drinks with none at all on the morning cereal. I dont drink coke at all anymore and now only drink Caffeine free tea and Coffee. For soft drinks i try to only consume fresh orange juice with the the occasional Caffeine free diet coke. Biscuits and cakes are pretty much abolished with consumption almost finished, and the rest of my diet has stayed the same. We eat out regularly at Chinese Restraunts and eat too much Pizza Hut. The rest i guess is your normal steak and chips etc etc.

The result of all my cutbacks this last 6 months? I am piling fooking weight on

Im interested in what you said earlier about there being a prime time to eat after a workout to maximise benefits etc and would relish more info on this type of thing.

Out of interest, if there is enough interest in this kind of thing im happy to devote another room to it.
Old 28-10-2005, 10:39 AM
RSKim
15K+ Super Poster!!

Can you not just TRIAL another room Stu See how it goes.....i probably wouldn't post in there but these guys defo seem to know what they are talking about and its interesting to read from my point of view
Old 28-10-2005, 10:44 AM
Daveyboy
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Some sound advice given in here.

Before moving to IT, i worked as a studio coordinator/gym instructor/personal trainer/martial arts instructor/swimming teacher for many years. If i could earn a decent living at it i would have carried on, but alas it wasnt to be.

Im happy to offer anyone advice on training/diet methods should they wish. just drop me a PM
Old 28-10-2005, 11:10 AM
christianh3
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Originally Posted by Stu @ M Developments
Most days i aim to take the dog for a fast walk for 30mins or so as well, but anything else im really short of motivation for as i have to train alone.
Excellent advice given by Paul and others.

About motivation, by the sound of it you're training at home? Training alone at home can become poo and very boring, consider joining a gym and getting a buddy as a training partner. You won't want to miss a workout cos you'll be letting your mate down, plus you'll be surrounded by alot of people aiming for the same goals as you, it's good for motivation.

Please don't take the above as saying you can't progress without joining a gym, just going on my own experience. Keep up the good work!
Old 28-10-2005, 11:16 AM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator
Administrator

Originally Posted by christianh3
Most days i aim to take the dog for a fast walk for 30mins or so as well, but anything else im really short of motivation for as i have to train alone.

About motivation, by the sound of it you're training at home? Training alone at home can become poo and very boring, consider joining a gym and getting a buddy as a training partner. You won't want to miss a workout cos you'll be letting your mate down, plus you'll be surrounded by alot of people aiming for the same goals as you, it's good for motivation.
I agree 100%
But i literally cant find anyone around me to do this and believe me, ive tried and thats why i bought a set for home, and just got on with it, but the motivation aspect is a serious hinderance, although ive yet to give up and miss a session so far. Most of my close mates live out of town sadly so finding someone local is an issue.
Old 28-10-2005, 11:24 AM
christianh3

I agree 100%
But i literally cant find anyone around me to do this and believe me, ive tried and thats why i bought a set for home, and just got on with it, but the motivation aspect is a serious hinderance, although ive yet to give up and miss a session so far. Most of my close mates live out of town sadly so finding someone local is an issue.
Well first of all give yourself a pat on the back for keeping up the training at home by yourself, ALOT of people give up after a few weeks...how many weights sets do you see for sale second hand lol!!

I train alone, but because I've been going to the same gym for ages, I talk/know 90% of the people in there. At first I felt a bit of a billy, but you soon getting chatting to people cos just about everyone will say hello to you especially once your face has been seen in the gym a few times.

And from this you'll getting talking about your training etc, you may or may not end up with a training partner. You might even find you like training alone but you would still get the feeling you're aiming for a common goal with the other gym goer's...people will offer to 'spot' you etc and vice versa. Consider taking the plunge I think you'll be fine cos you obviously sound pretty serious about training.

Plus you get to eye up all the totty lol
Old 28-10-2005, 11:30 AM
Paul Eggleton
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I agree 100%
Stu I'll do a big thing on diet later, but re the above. You don't need your normal mates to go to the gym with. I've got a completely different set of friends down the gym. You can also guarantee there will be someone just like you who will have the same goals. When I first started there was always someone who was more advanced than I was who let me 'join in' i.e. if you want to use the same bit of kit. The proper lingo is "do you mind if I work in" which means you take it in turns. You don't have to do the whole workout together but it helps on that particular exercise, and you can push a little heavier.

As you become a regular, the nods of hello become words and you go from there If you go at a regular time, you'll see the same people too. The people who run the gym may be able to fix you up with someone aswell, oh errr!.

When ever I have trained with non-gym friends, they ended up falling by the wayside after a couple of weeks. You've got to be head strong and stick to it.

However. Join a gym when you are ready, they can be intimidating places, especially if its quite a hardcore gym. People will be concentrating on their own workout and will probably be 'zoned out'.

GYM GOLDEN RULE NO.1 - NEVER SPEAK TO SOMEONE WHILST THEY ARE LIFTING, UNLESS YOU ARE SPOTTING THEM AND OFFERING ENCOURAGEMENT.

I spent the first year of my training in my bedroom with an argos set and a hold-all filled with bottles of water for weights If it is not coming together at home, try a gym.
Old 28-10-2005, 11:32 AM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator
Administrator

Thanks for the kind words Christian. I mdo find it hard and i know i would be far better off going to a Gym, but i seriously cant do it alone as:

1) Id have no real motivation.
2) Its full of well formed chaps that make you feel worse if your alone.
3) I will think of a 3rd one soon.

Like you say, having someone to go with, and spot you would be far better, not to mention the far better facilities.

I did go up to my mid 20s 3x per week and looked and felt well for it, but then life took over as it tends to do.

Anyone reading this in Blackpool wants to join a Gym, lets do it if your serious?
Old 28-10-2005, 11:40 AM
JAP CRAP
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Paul, I know what your saying but its mainly down to missing a couple of meals in the evening of going out then not eating properly for the next day or so. you know how important keeping up with your meals is, seems to be even more so for me. Miss one meal and I lose 3 stone

deffo agree that in the long run you'll probably be better off down the gym as opposed to working out at home. I used to work out at home and to start was highly motivated but there are too many distractions and its too easy to say "fook it thats enough for today". I personally aim to be at the gym at the busiest time as I feed off the energy of other people and it motivates me to train hard.

If you train there for a while stu you might find someone down there to train with
Old 28-10-2005, 11:58 AM
christianh3

Thanks for the kind words Christian. I mdo find it hard and i know i would be far better off going to a Gym, but i seriously cant do it alone as:

1) Id have no real motivation.
2) Its full of well formed chaps that make you feel worse if your alone.
3) I will think of a 3rd one soon.

Like you say, having someone to go with, and spot you would be far better, not to mention the far better facilities.

I did go up to my mid 20s 3x per week and looked and felt well for it, but then life took over as it tends to do.

Anyone reading this in Blackpool wants to join a Gym, lets do it if your serious?
No probs yours are totally understandable concerns, everyone's been there and everyone's in the same boat when joining a gym, no-one looks like arnie the first time they step into a new gym lol!!

1. The motivation should come from joining a gym, go to a decent one and you'll get an induction by a fitness bod, they may even suggest a workout for you to follow to get you into it...plus you'll soon be making better progress which will be positive re-inforcement to your own motivation.
2. LOL well formed chaps no-way I *guarantee* there will be someone less fit than you, not that it matters anyway. Honestly, people don't look around and diss other people, you're all in the gym for the same purpose, to get fitter/leaner/stronger.
3. Don't think of a third negative reason, think of a positive reason.

Get in there! In fact you should post your current stats i.e. height/weight etc, carry on training (preferably in a gym), and keep us updated on your progress.
Old 28-10-2005, 12:04 PM
turbo7
Regular Contributor

try lying down flat on your back stu and raise you legs in the air and hold for a few seconds this really helped me tone my waist and hips,also walking is really good for you to even a half hour walk with a dog helps mate,,get a training partner to as yo uneed pushing and enthusiasm to get the best and when theres two of you,you have a quick break while the other person does a few reps,,good luck mate
Old 28-10-2005, 12:54 PM
RSKim
15K+ Super Poster!!

Its a shame your not closer to Manchester Stu, you could have joined me and Stu
Old 28-10-2005, 02:06 PM
dangerous - reyland

Stu

If your back is weak get yourself a training belt NOW !!

Dont worry about anyone else pushing more weight than you - At least you are pushing naturally

Have you thought about booking a personal trainer forsay 8 weeks ?

this will give you a good set to work from, add confidence when in the gym & will set your diet at the same time

You will see the difference
Old 28-10-2005, 02:19 PM
RSKim
15K+ Super Poster!!

Them personal trainers are vicious
Old 28-10-2005, 02:23 PM
dangerous - reyland

Originally Posted by RSCossieKim
Them personal trainers are vicious

They get the job done though eh Kim
Old 28-10-2005, 02:43 PM
RSKim
15K+ Super Poster!!

pmsl....hmmm ask me agin in a few weeks time I got another 2 sessions left yet

I thought i was gonna be sick he pushed us THAT hard (please dont anyone misinterpret that ) Im not hurting today though

It mad actually, seeing how unfit you really are, he didnt even break out in a sweat I was wet through
Old 28-10-2005, 02:59 PM
RSPTG
PassionFord Regular

Had one of those 24packs 2 yrs ago and saw one of those fit f*ckers around the pool on holiday.....thankyou...he made me join the gym when I got home.

Now I do the gym 5 days a week before work at 7am with 6-7 small meals a day and the belly has gone .

Once you see the results and they will come, it like spurs you on for more, and I feel a lot better for the rest of the day after working out.

Good on ya lads...keep it up.

I'm even weighing me food for the day now!!
Old 28-10-2005, 06:55 PM
Paul Eggleton
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Im interested in what you said earlier about there being a prime time to eat after a workout to maximise benefits etc and would relish more info on this type of thing.
Now then. As RSPTG has mentioned above, eating smaller meals more regularly is the key. Why? Metabolism. Everyones is different and people respond to different foods in different ways.

Basically your body can only process so much at one time. Eating large meals infrequently becomes a viscous circle because you stuff yourself and you stomach expands. Once processed you feel hungry again and so you stuff yourself again. On and on it goes.

Therefore by eating smaller meals more frequently you basically just keep topping yourself up without feeling too hungry and without expanding your stomach too much. Also by keeping something in your stomach you are keeping your metabolism up.

Fat is actually good for boosting your metabolism but there is a fine line between eating too much and the fat getting stored and eating enough that it is used as energy only.

This is the same for all foods. eating more than you need will just get stored as fat. Which is why small and often is best.

Calories

Have you ever worked out how many calories you need? To maintain bodyweight you need 16 X Your weight in lbs. I weigh 225lbs so to maintain my weight I need at least 3600 calories.

Now to gain weight start by addiung an extra 500 calories and to lose weight take off 500 calories.

Then you have the three types: Protein, Carbs and Fat.

1 gram of Protein and 1 gram of Carbs = 4 Calories each

1 gram of Fat = 9 calories!

Protein To work out how much protein on average you need for training multiply you weight in kgs by 2-2.5. Therefore, Ideally I need 200-250grams of protein per day.

250 grams of protein = 1000 calories = 27% of daily intake.

I would never go for more than 15% fat especially if you are trying to loose it. Therefore

15% Fat = 540 Calories = 60 grams (pizza anyone?)

Which leaves 515 grams of carbs = 2060 calories.

Protein = 250gms = 1000 calories = 27%
Carbs = 515gms = 2060 calories = 58%
Fat = 60gms = 540 calories = 15%

This is a rough guide. Personally I would have a higher % of protein, i.e 35%+ and knock back my carbs as a lot of carbs makes me fat. Could be different for others.

Eating more in the morning is also advisable so your body has all day to process and use the energy. Also eating more carbs in the morning helps build your energy, especially if you train in the evening or night.

However, insure that each meal has some protein in. It is essential for your body to maintain what is know as a positive nitrogen balance and stay in an anabolic state. This means you are building/repairing muscle rather than in a catabolic state where you are breaking down muscle. Keeping the protein intake up maintains this positive nitrogen balance and keeps you in an anabolic state.

You can then start to try different things. I have recently found that cycling my carbs helps. 1 day you have your normal amount and then for the next 2 days you cut back in a similar fashion to the atkins. But don't cut out all together as you still need the energy for training. When you go back to a normal carb day, your metabolism gets a boost and you keep burning fat.

Don't be afraid to have protein late at night either. I even used to wake up in the middle of the night to have a protein drink in order to keep me in an anabolic state.

And as stated before, there is a window of opportunity after training to replenish the muscles.

Hope this helps

Anymore questions, fire away

Paul.
Old 28-10-2005, 07:05 PM
Paul Eggleton
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Stu - regarding your motivation.

I would actually avoid training so often. I find that this gets me out of the mood. If you are training twice a day that can seriously effect your motivation. It would piss me off.

Also recuperation. This is very important: between sessions and sleeping at night. TRy for the 7hours minimum.

I used to train only three times a week when really training heavy. I've lightened up a bit and can manage 4 days a week. Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri.

This is why I mentioned intensity earlier. If you are training at a low intensity a lot, it may not have a large effect. But if you train really hard for an hour 3 or four times a week, this can have a big effect. 4 hours out of 168. Not much when you look at it like that.

there is an old bodybuilding saying from the guru of heavy duty training - Mike Mentzer - "You can tap a stick of dynamite all day and it won't go off, but hit it hard once and it will blow up".

This is the same for training. Whether doing cardio or weights, you need to work at an intensity that is far away from you normal activity levels.

Old 28-10-2005, 08:42 PM
Manchester Mike
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Really good info there

Think it would be great to have a room dedicated to this, and we could mither Paul to death about the subject....

Think it may also be good to each have a thread in the room with our statistics as could hopefully see an improvement over time and the fact that other people could see it would maybe help with motivation?

Really interesting stuff
Old 28-10-2005, 08:54 PM
JAP CRAP
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Yep, come on stu, pull your finger out, stop lifting weights for one minute and do a new room
Old 28-10-2005, 10:50 PM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator
Administrator

Paul, your a star, i will take great note of all that you have said, thanks ever so much for typing all that info

Anyone want to bless our new room?

https://passionford.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=69
Old 28-10-2005, 10:52 PM
Chrissy_bwoy

wicked!
Old 29-10-2005, 01:31 AM
PGT

there is a substance that bodybuilders *used* to use which till about 3 years ago was THE stuff.

basically your body only builds muscle mass when you are in REM sleep (repetitive eye movement). this is the deep sleep that most people only experience (well you dont actually experience it cos you're asleep!) when they are *deeply* asleep.

the other type of sleep is only partial sleep, the type when you can easily be awoken by ambient noise. most people only experience REM sleep for a fraction of thier normal nights sleep but this substance is actually an anaestetic, but aneasthetic IS rem sleep!

this substance is actually now a class C drug even though it is actually technically a 'medicine' and there are court cases looming for people arrested with it in their possesion. till not long ago you could buy this in most gym equipment shops

for years the drug companies have lobbyed to get in banned and have spent countless millions in deemonising it, and the problem they have faced is that it is actually a naturaly occuring substance in every cell of your body (and consequently they have taken ages to get anywhere).

this substance is used in benelux countries for assisting therapy (makes you discuss your deepest innermost feelings with the therapist).

its used in africa to assist childbirth (dilates the cirvix - and other organs!)

its used in clubs to pull partners (promotes deep cerebral communication).

and its deemonised by the press as a date rape drug (absolute bollocks cos it tastes of salt and can easily be tasted and so rejected by a concerned potential 'victim').

because the stuff was *abused* it became illegal to possess.

till a few years ago GHB (gamma hydroxybutyrate) was the simple answer to promote muscle growth and the effects of working out in the gym were maximised far more than worrying about diets and calories etc.

looking on the web you'll *learn* that if you take this stuff you'll die or you will suffer convulsions or be in a coma etc.

cos its now illegal i would not reccomend anyone seek to obtain it but years ago the powder version was the answer to this topic.
Old 29-10-2005, 06:50 AM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator
Administrator

Interesting stuff Paul, thanks very much for the input
Old 05-12-2005, 08:06 AM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator
Administrator

Ive mad this a sticky as its full of great info...
Old 07-02-2006, 03:03 PM
DaveMCMkIII
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Hi guys, dont think this has already been said BUT

Alcohol has been suggested to inhibit protein synthesis by inhibiting the anabolistic effects to amino acids. Basically protein synthesis is key in increasing muscular strength and studies have stated that alcohol inhibits this!

However, dont worry and not go stop drinking, its possible the effects differ depending on training status (e.g. untrained, modertely trained, trained etc) and as people respond differently to things, the effects will differ between people. Also the studies have only been done acutely (over a short period) so it maybe that these effects dont occur as much or at all if your body is used to alcohol.

I love a drink and train and have developed. Therefore imo unless your an elite athlete or serious bodybuilder dont worry, you will still develop!
Old 07-02-2006, 03:10 PM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator
Administrator

Great News
Old 08-02-2006, 02:38 PM
BlueSmoke
PassionFord's crazy fool!

When I start at the gym this week, I think that that other than the odd random can at home, lager will be off the menu. When I go out will drink shorts consisting of diet coke and brandy/vodka/jd

Not sure how much that will help but it's got to be better than sinking 8 pints + of lager eh?
Old 09-02-2006, 10:41 PM
DaveMCMkIII
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

After reading through this again, thought id just point out about the confusion over when to eat etc.

You do want to eat asap after training to replenish glycogen as stated and if your doing endurance based stuff, some high g.i foods. Before training though, you dont want to eat any later than an hour and a half before (ideally2-3 hours) as during this period blood is redistributed by the body to your intestines and stomach to digest the food. Therefore if you exercise in this window, your recieving less blood flow to your muscles compared to if you had let your meal digest, in hand inhibiting your performance.
Old 09-02-2006, 10:58 PM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator
Administrator

Good advice, thanks
Old 11-02-2006, 11:08 AM
Paul Eggleton
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Guinness was played a big part in my growth at Uni
Old 20-02-2006, 03:38 PM
AndyBlackFRST

Paul,

thanks for your great help and advice earlier.. very much appreciated.
Old 09-04-2006, 08:59 PM
tenpotturbo
Regular Contributor

i go to gym 3 times a week mon,tues,fri, and do a differnt part of body each time(eg arms on a friday) but really push myself and work hard for an hour is this better than doin whole body 3 times a week but not so hard
Old 06-10-2006, 02:09 PM
RonnyD

@ tenpotturbo,

your doing a half time job mate, if you want muscles you must train as hard as you can. Your in business from mo - fr. the hole week long, why not so in the gym. Ok, that cost's you time, but it's your body.
Work out with the pull and push system:
Mo: chest and biceps
Tue: front legs
Wed: Lat and Triceps and lower back
Thu: Shoulders and Abs
Fr: Rear legs and calves and forarms
Sa: rest
Sun: rest
Remember Dorian Yates, at every training session he was going to the max.
Bulking up on muscles, not on fat is a more than 100% job. Training is 100%, nutrition is 100%, sleeping is 100%, the whole lifestyle is 100% and last but not least the supplements. You need 1 - 1.5 g protein per pound bodyweight. You can't take so much protein even only from steaks.
So try a good protein powder and get the best out of your system, even without steroids but if so you must have a good Physican.
The muscles only grow in a rep. range of 6 - 12 reps. If your doing 8 reps and than finishing the workout but 10 - 12 were possible, it's a totaly waist of time.
Stay only in the gym during your hard workout, than go home eat high quality nutrition and go to bed.
At the weekend you can go out with your buddys to eat in the restaurant or hanging around at ace cafe, anyway, but not so during the week.
This will bring you rock hard muscles and a new lifestyle feeling. And don't forget the high protein intake.

Best

Yours

Ronny
Old 06-07-2007, 09:35 AM
Benxrrst

Default Extreme Weight Loss??

What is the best way to lose weight fast i used to be 10 stone now im 13 i work crazy long hours only get on average 5-6 hours sleep a night i train when i have time maybe more some nites than others.I know its mostly wot you eat but is there anything else that may help?

Quick Reply: Any body building people/dieticians..........