Fitness / Weight Training Discussions Don't drive around with 4 chins! Chat to like minded folk in here and get yourself back to a decent health and fitness level in no time.

Supplements??

Search this Thread

Old 23-02-2013, 07:05 PM
mercury grey minter
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Supplements??

How much do they make a difference.
If you had 2 twins training the same and eating the same but 1 had all the WHEY PROTEIN,ZMA(maximises tissue repair and cellular growth),RECOVERY XS(helps premote muscle growth)e.c.t and the other twin had none.Would there be a noticeable difference in the 2 bodys standing side by side do you think.
Old 23-02-2013, 07:11 PM
Smudge374
Regular Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I often thought this so studied it quite heavily. So long as your eating a balanced diet and eating enough I think the differences are minimal.

However when you start getting into the relms of creatine monohydrate etc this is slightly misleading due to you retaining water weight.

I honestly think that you only need supplements if your diet isn't good enough to support growth. The key is if your trying to gain size and strength you never want to feel hungry or thirsty.

Think as yourself as an engine, never run it dry of fuel and always well service and it will stay strong.
Old 23-02-2013, 07:18 PM
mercury grey minter
PassionFord Post Troll

So a waste of money then.iv,e recently got back into training after a 10 year absence.A guy at work trains also but he,s taking all the whey protein and muscle recovery supplements.I asked how much he spends and it,s something like Ł 100 a month.
Old 23-02-2013, 07:44 PM
Smudge374
Regular Contributor

To be honest a Ł100 a month isn't alot, if you look at the price of some things. When I was getting to my boxing weight and stripping back I had no supplements, I simply ate good wholesome food and stayed well away from the rubbish, apart from a saturday night treat.

To put it into perspective just look at prisoners in jail, and look at there food, not the best but they still get ripped. I believe in good healthy eating, plenty of water and rest! a rest day is for resting!

So my answer to your question is, no they don,t work mate, but healthy eating does, make sure its plenty of food though and dont expect to get big and strip back at the same time, it doesnt work.
Old 23-02-2013, 08:28 PM
mercury grey minter
PassionFord Post Troll

I thought plain and simple was the way to go.Guys were ripped long before these sups came on the market.
Old 12-04-2013, 07:42 PM
mercury grey minter
PassionFord Post Troll

Have done a bit of research and have now introduced whey protein into my daily diet.No other supps though.
Old 12-04-2013, 11:29 PM
SapphyMike
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by mercury grey minter
Have done a bit of research and have now introduced whey protein into my daily diet.No other supps though.
Creatine would be another I'd look at.

http://www.menshealth.com/nutrition/...t-what-it-does
Old 13-04-2013, 10:09 AM
mercury grey minter
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by SapphyMike
Creatine would be another I'd look at.

http://www.menshealth.com/nutrition/...t-what-it-does

Yes have read about it and says unless your hit the gym really hard it will only add water weight so can bloat you right up.I,m doing 50/50 cardio and weights at the mo so the whey protein should do for now.
Rob riches on YouTube is also a goldmine of information,and he's English so no bullsh*t yank talk.