Fitness / Weight Training Discussions Don't drive around with 4 chins! Chat to like minded folk in here and get yourself back to a decent health and fitness level in no time.

Stuff to do ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2011, 09:37 AM
twoblacklines
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Stuff to do ?

Am unable to go to the gym at the moment due to circumstance.

Im training for London to Brighton next year, which is 58 miles and an awfull hill!

So far im around 22 stone again of fat, and im not sure my diet is right i eat one meal a day which is baked beans (protien) + meat (more protien) and drink about 30 cups of coffee (supposed to speed up metabolism).

I row for about 30 mins 80% every day and every other day i combine this with a 3 minute rowing tabata session.

Ive been going to the driving range which is good as i ache the next day so its muscles I dont use.

Ive also been turning chores such as hoovering whole house then immediatly mowing all the lawns etc as a way of a workout.

Is there anything else like this I can do ? Obviously at some point i need to buy a bike, which will be a road bike but i think im too heavy at the moment.

Is boxing a good cardio workout ?

I started at 24 stone and im somewhere near 42" waist, at 19 stone im 40" waist and im trying to get down to 36L (possibly 38L, not sure how big my bones are) and XXL top size. When im at that point im going to get my eyes lasered so i can do MMA etc!

Also, would tablets such as Inferno do me any good at this point !?
Old 03-06-2011, 01:59 PM
RS Grant
Made in Scotland

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Your diet is hideous. Please have a look at someone like Coldo's thread where he lists the diet he used to reduce his weight drastically before he started to bend bars in the gym by deadlifting like a mad cunt.

Personally speaking, I've found that swimming is a fantastic start... don't worry if you are self-conscious, if you are, then I know you'll assume that everyone is looking at you, but they aren't bothered and they won't see you when you're in the water anyway.

I also do a set of plank and sit-up/crunch exercises when I get up and before I go to bed daily. They aren't easy, but I've seen an improvement in the time of the plank and the number of sit ups that I can do so I'm happy that it's moving in the correct direction.

Riding a bike won't be an issue I don't think, I was probably there or there abouts weight wise when I bought my new bike.. and it's held up alright on the road, tracks, downhill runs etc.

Cheers,
Grant
Old 07-06-2011, 07:52 PM
Hobomassiv
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did the L-B ride two years ago with no training and being a smoker with poor cardio health (run up the stairs and nackerd) at the time, and i didnt find it too hard, just take it steady and drink LOTS. Stop at every rest stop to fill up and hydrate.

You have already taken a step in the right direction, you just need to keep it up, and get your diet in line.

It might help posting what kind of daily routine/eating routine you have.
Old 07-06-2011, 09:37 PM
Big G
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Sort your diet out, its shit, ditch the coffee and go on water.
Buy a bike now, even a 2nd hand cheapo just to get your legs going and you get into it, after a couple o months then go and buy the bike you want.