Fitness / Weight Training Discussions Don't drive around with 4 chins! Chat to like minded folk in here and get yourself back to a decent health and fitness level in no time.

Am i eating the right foods ??

Search this Thread

Old 17-01-2010, 01:19 PM
KSA-Cossie
Professional Waffler

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Am i eating the right foods ??

Wanting a flat stomach and have been doing sit ups ad various other excercises which are slowly working,have been eating chicken,rice,potatos and coleslaw are these foods any good if not what should i be eating ?
Old 17-01-2010, 01:30 PM
Staffi
20K+ Super Poster.

Received 107 Likes on 96 Posts

Kev, Spuds and rice are Heavy in carbs mate, just go easy on them, yes we need them but they,re heavy loaded carb wise..

Kev, do you do any Twists aswell?? also watch how you do your sit-ups Kev because they can MAKE you get lower back problems..

I always find lying on the floor and putting my legs onto the bed, or sofa so you,re @ 90 Degrees the bring your body upto your kness if you get me??
Old 17-01-2010, 01:44 PM
KSA-Cossie
Professional Waffler

Yeah thats how ive been doing them pete,any tips on what other foods to eat ?
Old 17-01-2010, 04:00 PM
Staffi
20K+ Super Poster.

Received 107 Likes on 96 Posts

Kev,

A balance of Protien & carbs and fats tbh mate, remember, carbs before you train to give you the energy, Protien afterwards for muscle growth..

What,s you diet at present Kev??

When i studied Nutrison for a few years when i,d left school, i got to know all about certain foods etc obviously and it helped alot when i took up weight training..

Don,t/haven,t done that for many years now as my postie job keeps me fat-free luckily walking 3/4 hours aday...

Last edited by Staffi; 17-01-2010 at 04:16 PM.
Old 17-01-2010, 04:05 PM
KSA-Cossie
Professional Waffler

Cereal for breakfast,fruit and veg for lunch and chicken baked potato and coleslaw for tea.
I do my sit ups etc soon as i wake up and before i go to bed.
Old 17-01-2010, 05:29 PM
JamboRS
focus rs 1672

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by KSA-Cossie
Cereal for breakfast,fruit and veg for lunch and chicken baked potato and coleslaw for tea.
I do my sit ups etc soon as i wake up and before i go to bed.
what other cardio do you do?
you wont get a flat stomach with just sit ups,u need your bodyfat to come down to get a flat stomach and that takes more than just sit ups everyday,youll need loads of hard cardio and a balanced diet
eating wise its not bad but try eat 5 times a day to space it out,keeps your metabolism going.
look at coldos diet in this section,his diet is spot on,add that to some cardio everyday and youll have a flat stomach in no time,without having to starve yourself
Old 17-01-2010, 05:34 PM
KSA-Cossie
Professional Waffler

Originally Posted by JamboRST
what other cardio do you do?
you wont get a flat stomach with just sit ups,u need your bodyfat to come down to get a flat stomach and that takes more than just sit ups everyday,youll need loads of hard cardio and a balanced diet
eating wise its not bad but try eat 5 times a day to space it out,keeps your metabolism going.
look at coldos diet in this section,his diet is spot on,add that to some cardio everyday and youll have a flat stomach in no time,without having to starve yourself
Cheers m8,will take a look at coldo's one,cardio wise cycling and i've just bought a punchbag.
Old 17-01-2010, 05:51 PM
JamboRS
focus rs 1672

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by KSA-Cossie
Cheers m8,will take a look at coldo's one,cardio wise cycling and i've just bought a punchbag.
cyclings good as it uses the biggest muscles in your body to burn fat,your legs.punchbag is also good core work.add that to coldo's diet mate and youll be in good shape in no time.you dont have to cut out the crap foods altogether,i have a cheat meal every week aswell,just have them in moderation.
Old 17-01-2010, 05:55 PM
KSA-Cossie
Professional Waffler

Originally Posted by JamboRST
cyclings good as it uses the biggest muscles in your body to burn fat,your legs.punchbag is also good core work.add that to coldo's diet mate and youll be in good shape in no time.you dont have to cut out the crap foods altogether,i have a cheat meal every week aswell,just have them in moderation.
Just noted down his diet and will start the morra,bought some weetabix too for fibre.
Old 19-01-2010, 10:59 AM
BM08
Professional Waffler

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Right then, fish and chips all round?

Sorry just couldnt resist that!