Fitness / Weight Training Discussions Don't drive around with 4 chins! Chat to like minded folk in here and get yourself back to a decent health and fitness level in no time.

Training Each Body Part Twice A Week?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 02:54 AM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Training Each Body Part Twice A Week?

Who does, doesn't and why? Cheers...

Benni.
Old 02-01-2010, 10:04 AM
Coldo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Works for some people.

I personally don't, as i'm getting the results only training each bodypart every 7 days but i wouldn't rule it out if i felt i had a weak bodypart.

Building muscle is different for everyone, what works for me or you might not work for the next man.
Old 02-01-2010, 10:13 AM
chris^si
PassionFord Regular

I think what Coldo said is spot on, for me it didn't work very well in muscle building but when doing different style of training leading up a fight it improved my cardio much quicker than 1 day 1 group.

MY advice is just to try it, some can recover quick enough and some cant a few people at my gym have seen really good results.

Personally for me i like to give my focus almost 100% on 1 group per day so i can feel i achieved the correct level of destruction on my muscles lol.
Old 02-01-2010, 12:35 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Cheers... I already do it twice a week and have done from day one. Like you say, I am thinking if I do less I will be able to train harder. Not that I don't give it my all, but I'll have more to give if you know what I mean. I am going to try once a week and it and see how it goes.

Benni.
Old 02-01-2010, 12:42 PM
focuschivvy
Advanced PassionFord User

begginers, once a week IMO, as your muscles friggin ache for a week anyway
Old 02-01-2010, 01:04 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Originally Posted by focuschivvy
begginers, once a week IMO, as your muscles friggin ache for a week anyway
I always thought beginners can do it more, as they are lifting a lot less. I'll tell you what does ache whenever I train chest, my arm pits.

Benni.
Old 02-01-2010, 02:10 PM
Bradz
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

I always hit something twice a week, Fri is what i call my free day as ive already done all Bodyparts by then, I train whatever i feel is either lagging and/or able.

BUT i wouldnt advise that for a Newbie, Once a week is plenty for most.
Old 02-01-2010, 05:37 PM
focuschivvy

Originally Posted by Benni
I'll tell you what does ache whenever I train chest, my arm pits.

Benni.
use deoderant then you smelly cunt, sounds like B.O is rotting them
Old 02-01-2010, 05:43 PM
Kieron

I only train one body part a week. I find for me it gives me enough time to recover and also allows me the time needed to train that part intensively. If I was to train everything twice I would have to half my workout time on each part per session.

As for the armpits hurting, whereabouts? Don't forget your chest is tied in to the front of your shoulder so if its at the front its probably the chest muscle.
Old 02-01-2010, 06:16 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Originally Posted by Kieron
I only train one body part a week. I find for me it gives me enough time to recover and also allows me the time needed to train that part intensively. If I was to train everything twice I would have to half my workout time on each part per session.

As for the armpits hurting, whereabouts? Don't forget your chest is tied in to the front of your shoulder so if its at the front its probably the chest muscle.
It's the front of the arm pit but in a little if you know what I mean.. After I've trained chest it hurts when I do any pushing excercises, more so on my shoulder press. Doesn't bother me at all, but I didn't think it was normal.

Thank's for that great advice, Chivvy, but when I go the gym everyone else leaves so I'll stick to being a smelly man.

Benni.
Old 26-01-2010, 10:38 AM
Ed1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Only once a week, train my chest on a monday, its normally still hurting on friday

Back and sholders on a wednesday, deadlift makes my back ache till the weekend also then bicepts and legs on a friday, normally by monday im all non aching and fresh to start over again, I would like to get two chest trains a week but its not going to happen
Old 27-01-2010, 12:43 PM
R1.Andy
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

once a week 4 me..but i do a bit of tri monday then a bit bieceps tuesday then hit them hard friday..cos every thing else is ache in so i kill me arms if i can...i moved chest from monday to thursday cos it stopped me doin back cos it gets tight and i find myself making excuses not to train proper..
Old 27-01-2010, 04:17 PM
Dave Hewy
PassionFord Regular

I get the sore armpits aswell sometimes, its always at the front and i put it down to getting a real good stretch when doing dumbell flyes. I thought it was normal. i.e. stretch a muscle it will ache.
Old 27-01-2010, 07:51 PM
stevenebm
post whore

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

i just joined gym last week and have got a program to stick to build my upper body.
5 mins warm up on rower
3x10 reps of the following
80k on leg lift
35k on wide arm pull down
25k on chest press
20k on shoulder press
20k on tricep pull down
20k on bicep curl
50k on ab machine
the instructors told me to do this 3 times a week and im also doing some swimming at the weekend.is this too much after reading the above statements??my diet is spot on id say with wheetabix for breakie.some nuts and protein shake for lunch.dinner consist of fish.baked potatoes,pasta etc.some healty snacks later on.im not looking to put on weight just tone up as my upperbody has fat on it already to work on.