Fitness / Weight Training Discussions Don't drive around with 4 chins! Chat to like minded folk in here and get yourself back to a decent health and fitness level in no time.

Running/Jogging...

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 07:12 AM
JxBabe
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Running/Jogging...

... I don't really know the difference (is it just that running is faster?)

Anyway, I've started jogging every morning, trying to get fit and lose weight etc. Jus wondering, how often should i be doing it? I'm doing 5 mornings a week at the mo, is that too little? Too much?
Only doing about 30mins each time as I'm crap and feel like my lungs are going to fall out after about 100 metres lol, which also means I only run for a few mins then quickly walk for a min, then run... etc etc. (is this called interval training?)
Don't laugh at me, I've never tried jogging before!

Thanks...
Old 03-03-2008, 08:18 AM
godzilla
BANNED
BANNED

Hope this comes out ok as my computer is not working so on the internet on my mobile! You are doing just what i would have suggested, the running then fast walking to get your breath. PM me for diet advice as I can help. Please give me your stats in PM, age, height, weight and current diet and what you want to achieve.
Old 03-03-2008, 08:20 AM
JxBabe
PassionFord Post Troll

Thanks for the reply! PM on it's way.
Old 03-03-2008, 09:22 PM
FastFordChris
Advanced PassionFord User

sounds like your doing ok, just remember to take it easy and the more you do it the easier/faster you'll become, i'd say thats u should set a minimum standard for a week, one you'll know u'll be able to do no matter what mood ur in that week.

i'd say aiming to do 5 days a week will be quite hard to stick to for the rest of your life lol but if you say to yourself u aim to be out AT LEAST 2-3times a week then its an easy goal to achieve even when your not feeling 100%

the only other thing u have to keep in mind is the more u do it the easier/faster u'll get so what takes u 30mins now will only take u 10 in a few months time, so u have to adjust ur distances accordingly so ur running for 30mins (or however u want to be out of)
Old 03-03-2008, 09:54 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Received 147 Likes on 126 Posts

Two words - sports bra