Fiesta This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Fiesta (Non RS / ST) Range of cars.

Is my Ford Fiesta Zetec R Reg MK4 at the end of its run?

Search this Thread

Old 16-05-2012, 10:52 PM
Whygodwhy
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is my Ford Fiesta Zetec R Reg MK4 at the end of its run?

Hey guys, I've read these forums for a while and figured this'd be a good place to ask..

I noticed my car was taking a while to ignite and was feeling sluggish, and as it was due for an MOT in a week, figured I'd take it round and have it seen to... Well, this was the result.

"Only running on 3 cylinders and pouring smoke out; misfire on engine/smoking, trace to No 3 cylinder no compression/oiled up plug suspect piston/bore issue"

Reasons for refusal of a Test Certificate:

001 Nearside Headlamp not working on dipped beam [1.7.5a]

002 Exhaust emissions carbon monoxide content after 2nd fast idle excessive [7.3.D.4]

003 Exhaust emissions hydrocarbon content after 2nd fast idle excessive [7.3.D.4]

004 Exhaust emissions Lambda reading after 2nd fast idle outside specified limits [7.3.D.4]

005 Nearside front Coil spring fractured [2.4.C.1a]

Advisory Items

006 Centre (to o/s/rear flex) Brake pipe slightly corroded [3.6.B.2c]

007 Centre (to n/s/rear flex) Brake pipe slightly corroded [3.6.B.2c]

Notes

Engine oil temperature by-passed - Gauge Warm
Are these the telltale signs for something that the garage completely missed, or am I as screwed as they implied I am? (they said it'd cost more than the car's worth to fix). Bare in mind the fact that I'm useless with mechanics and the internal works and stuff, so a lot of what they said just didn't register.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't extremely attached to this car, so if it's a goner...

Thanks.

Last edited by Whygodwhy; 16-05-2012 at 10:54 PM.