Fiesta RS1800/RS Turbo This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Fiesta RS Range of cars.

Fiesta Rs Turbo cams question...

Search this Thread

Old 17-12-2009, 10:05 PM
Cleggy-RsT
Beast.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fiesta Rs Turbo cams question...

Hi all,
I'm Scott, Im a newb to the forum. (there, intro done!)

Ive got a '91 Fiesta Rs Turbo (EFi) and Ive owned it a few weeks. After around a week, the car started to idle really badly and misfire. I had it checked out by a local mechanic and it turns out that the cam is worn down so badly that it had lost contact with the followers, which allowed them to drop out of position. A local garage performed a temp repair on it, which lasted a few miles before it went again, so now Im looking at a new cam + followers etc...

Im not 100% convinced Ill even keep the car at the minute, but I was considering fitting a performance cam anyway.

Ive spoken to piper who said they have discontinued their cams for this engine due to all the followers they tested being absolute garbage! So, I got in touch with Kent, and they have reccomended using the CVH34. I contacted Burton Power, who said to look at the CVH35.

Has anyone any experience of these cams, and what do you think of them? The car is a daily drive, so I dont want to lose driveability. Im looking to increase low to mid range power IF I do go for an uprated cam. Im not too interested in top end performance.

When I got the car, I thought it was fun to drive, but it didnt seem that quick (I wasnt blown away by it anyway) and it seemed about as quick as my 206 GTi. Obviously I know now that it wasnt peforming due to the cam being worn down so bad, so is it likely that the car will feel a fair amount quicker even if I just put a standard cam back in it?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Scott.