Fiesta RS1800/RS Turbo This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Fiesta RS Range of cars.

fuel leak on a fiesta 1.25

Search this Thread

Old 14-02-2009, 09:54 PM
FIESTA CHRIS H
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default fuel leak on a fiesta 1.25

hi i have a 1997 mk4 fiesta 1.25 and i done a full service a few months ago, and have suspected a fuel leak for the last few months. I got it up on the ramp at work today and started to look at the fuel lines and noticed a leak at the fuel filter. It seems to be leaking if i tug at the fuel line coming out of the fuel filter but not going in . 1. how big a job is it to change the fuel lines because it goes up under the exhaust heat shield (i presume it goes up to the inlet manifold)
2. would the fuel line be expensive and where would u recomend i get it from?
im gonna try and change the fuel filter for a genuine ford fuel filter next week but i suspect it will need a new fuel line or maybe there a seal gone
has anyone else come across this and wot would your recomendations be
many thanks chris
Old 31-03-2011, 08:40 PM
Mikesford
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FIESTA CHRIS H
hi i have a 1997 mk4 fiesta 1.25 and i done a full service a few months ago, and have suspected a fuel leak for the last few months. I got it up on the ramp at work today and started to look at the fuel lines and noticed a leak at the fuel filter. It seems to be leaking if i tug at the fuel line coming out of the fuel filter but not going in . 1. how big a job is it to change the fuel lines because it goes up under the exhaust heat shield (i presume it goes up to the inlet manifold)
2. would the fuel line be expensive and where would u recomend i get it from?
im gonna try and change the fuel filter for a genuine ford fuel filter next week but i suspect it will need a new fuel line or maybe there a seal gone
has anyone else come across this and wot would your recomendations be
many thanks chris
Chris, did you get this problem sorted out? The reason I ask is that I also have 1.25 zetec Mk4 Fiesta and it has a slight fuel leak at the connector to the fuel rail. I wanted to know if I have to buy a complete replacement pipe for this?
I will pop down to my local Ford garage this week sometime and ask them, but any info on this from anyone on here would be good Mike.