Computers, Consoles and I.T. Post all computer related chat in here for our I.T techies to help with. Please be aware that any discussions related to piracy will be removed and render the member liable to a possible ban. Piracy renders PassionFord Admin liable for prosecution, as well as its members.

Forza 5 , not happy!!

Search this Thread

Old 18-12-2013, 12:01 PM
wattie
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Forza 5 , not happy!!

Got the new xbox for my birthday off the wife with forza and cod ghosts, and yes the graphics are amazing and the physics engine is superb as usual with the forza games..... But really, only what, 10 tracks that get very repetitive and only a fraction of the cars available compared to forza 3 or 4, "oh but there's the dlc available for the cars and tracks" aye at like £50 quid , I'm no a tight cunt but really? £50 for a game and £50 quid for the rest of the game??
And what makes it worse is grant turismo 6 advert says it has over 1200 cars and 30 tracks, forza doesn't even have the nurburgring and the rs500 is a download so got to pay for that, anyone else think this or am I just alone in thinking we're being had by these cunts?
Old 18-12-2013, 12:06 PM
studabear
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 206 Likes on 193 Posts

Ouch thats a proper kick in the spuds, glad I've stayed with my ps3 and xbox360 and will continue to for a long time yet.
Old 18-12-2013, 12:29 PM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

no way. Thats shit isnt it. Thats just put me off buying an xbox one now
Old 18-12-2013, 12:36 PM
J1mbo
B1mbo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's the way most games are going now.. Cod is the same.
Old 18-12-2013, 12:42 PM
wattie

Just feel a tad ripped off , used to have to play a game to unlock shit not pay for it , I don't mind the occasional DLC pack but when it's £50 for the season pack I feel a bit ripped off
Old 18-12-2013, 02:08 PM
bagginsRSturbo
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 38 Likes on 38 Posts

fook me they have had you lot over gt6 has got hundreads of and and loads of tracks,theres still tracks i havent raced on yet think il wait to upgrade to the ps4/xbox1
Old 18-12-2013, 02:30 PM
Chopshop85
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 70 Likes on 63 Posts

Turn10 have already had to issue an appology for the leaning towards microtranasactions and are supposed to be patching the game to lower the price of some of the vehicles, increase reward money etc..

The worst part about the forza 5 season pass, it doesnt include everything. The season pass is for the first few car packs.

This is going to be the trend for "next gen". Increasing graphics costs a lot for the game devs. Turn 10 had to remove content to put money and resources into making the cars more detailed.

Last edited by Chopshop85; 18-12-2013 at 02:39 PM.
Old 18-12-2013, 02:46 PM
ST Racer
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

That's why I bought a PS4, £70 cheaper and Drive Club arrives on 22/02/14 and it's FREE for playstation plus subscribers.

Don't get me wrong I've always been a Microsoft fanboy but you get the impression they want everything there own way these days, all take take take and no giving back, don't regret the move one bit.
Old 18-12-2013, 03:03 PM
Chopshop85
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by ST Racer
That's why I bought a PS4, £70 cheaper and Drive Club arrives on 22/02/14 and it's FREE for playstation plus subscribers.

Don't get me wrong I've always been a Microsoft fanboy but you get the impression they want everything there own way these days, all take take take and no giving back, don't regret the move one bit.
There is two versions. Driveclub PS Plus edition is the free one with the offer of a discount on upgrading to the full version.
Old 18-12-2013, 03:38 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts

Get used to it. Give it a few years and most games will be rip offs like this.

I bet many will end up "pay per play" ontop of the initial game disc/download cost.
Old 18-12-2013, 03:45 PM
RC4
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chopshop85
Turn10 have already had to issue an appology for the leaning towards microtranasactions and are supposed to be patching the game to lower the price of some of the vehicles, increase reward money etc..

The worst part about the forza 5 season pass, it doesnt include everything. The season pass is for the first few car packs.

This is going to be the trend for "next gen". Increasing graphics costs a lot for the game devs. Turn 10 had to remove content to put money and resources into making the cars more detailed.
omg you forza boys having to pay extra for your "sparco" stickers
gt6 all the way
Old 18-12-2013, 03:56 PM
Chopshop85
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by RC4
omg you forza boys having to pay extra for your "sparco" stickers
gt6 all the way
Not sure why you quoted me for your usually fanboy drivel. I don't own forza 5, or an xbone for that matter. If anything my post was agreeing with the OP in how poor forza 5 is.

Plus I have GT6.

Last edited by Chopshop85; 18-12-2013 at 03:57 PM.
Old 18-12-2013, 04:03 PM
RSmark84

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts

Thats the problem with Xbone, and one reason why Sony have outsold the Xbone by so far.

Sony has won the Gadget of the year award, and its no wonder looking at the sales figures for both Xbone and PS4 i'd say Xbone is a flop.

I'd get and sell your console and buy a PS4. Also if you don't own a PS3 I suggest you buy one as well. Sony like to look after their customer and PS+ shows this by giving away free games every month. I've saved £££ by paying just a few £ for PS+ (currently supporting PS3, PS4 and PSV)

As mentioned DriveClub is free when its out for PS+ its not got all the content as per the digital or retail versions, but its still a free game and a free platinum trophy if you enjoy going for trophies.

Just think Gran Turismo 7 is rumored to be out next year or 2015, with Gran Turismo 6 looking better than Forza 5 you can see why Playstation is the king of the console wars.

One final thing, PS4 is all about the free gaming, and of course PS+. I've yet to buy a PS4 game and have no plans on buying a game until Uncharted 4, Resident Evil 7 and Final Fantasy XV come out....

Just curious how many free games are there on the XBone currently?
Theres lots of free games on the PS4, Wikipedia say 11 so far. Im currently enjoying my free game Resogun.

Last edited by RSmark84; 18-12-2013 at 04:06 PM.
Old 18-12-2013, 04:09 PM
badj
repeat offender

I did buy Forza 4 a while back and then got bored and wasted my money by just not using it.

I prefer games of old where you'd buy a car (Gran Turismo on PS), do your license and then the Sunday Cup and you'd build up some money, put some upgraded brakes on your Golf etc. Like a long term project, sticking with one car.

Forza seemed a bit like one minute you were using a hatchback, then it was like 'screw it, you need a coupe now' and then 'a 4wd coupe' and then 'now you need a coupe that's british' etc.

I don't like having games with 60 different cars just as a minimum to progress in the game. Bores me.
Old 18-12-2013, 04:17 PM
Chopshop85
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by badj
I did buy Forza 4 a while back and then got bored and wasted my money by just not using it.

I prefer games of old where you'd buy a car (Gran Turismo on PS), do your license and then the Sunday Cup and you'd build up some money, put some upgraded brakes on your Golf etc. Like a long term project, sticking with one car.

Forza seemed a bit like one minute you were using a hatchback, then it was like 'screw it, you need a coupe now' and then 'a 4wd coupe' and then 'now you need a coupe that's british' etc.

I don't like having games with 60 different cars just as a minimum to progress in the game. Bores me.
That makes absolutely no sense, as forza 4 each event in career mode would give you two choices for the car you are in or one to try different car.
Where as gran turismo as always been events based around region, engine placement, drive, manufacturer so you couldn't stick with one car.
Old 18-12-2013, 04:43 PM
badj
repeat offender

Originally Posted by Chopshop85
That makes absolutely no sense, as forza 4 each event in career mode would give you two choices for the car you are in or one to try different car.
Where as gran turismo as always been events based around region, engine placement, drive, manufacturer so you couldn't stick with one car.

The first Gran Turismo was just licenses as far as I remember, and if your car was too slow then tough titties.

I still miss NFS Underground 2. Shame it looks like total crap now.

Maybe I'm just a realist, I'd rather zoom round in an XR2i or a GTV that I'd modified and set up and race against other cheapies - Not keen on driving exotic cars in 12 car races as it doesn't seem as realistic to me :/
Old 18-12-2013, 04:54 PM
CrOwSoN15
Ben

Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Psycho Warren
Get used to it. Give it a few years and most games will be rip offs like this.

I bet many will end up "pay per play" ontop of the initial game disc/download cost.
I personally see games heading more towards the likes of Planetside 2, free to download but if you want better gear and camos etc etc then you can buy them.
Old 18-12-2013, 05:44 PM
pixellcraig
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

I played GT6 at my in laws, and it was a major disappointment! GT3 is still best made! The biggest let down is the sound. Every car sounds exactly the same. Plus you should of expected next gen games not to go all out at first. But i agree with what you say about T10 making you pay for rest of them game. But that's what happens when people download games illegally :/
Old 18-12-2013, 06:00 PM
Fullflush

Received 93 Likes on 79 Posts

Fact is it's no different to Forza 4 with the DLC
Old 18-12-2013, 06:09 PM
studabear
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by pixellcraig
I played GT6 at my in laws, and it was a major disappointment! GT3 is still best made! The biggest let down is the sound. Every car sounds exactly the same. Plus you should of expected next gen games not to go all out at first. But i agree with what you say about T10 making you pay for rest of them game. But that's what happens when people download games illegally :/
Surely nobody is running custom firmware yet on the Xbox one, never mind burning games for them??
Old 18-12-2013, 06:10 PM
Chopshop85
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by pixellcraig
It has nothing to do with illegally downloaded games.
Its to do with casual gaming like farmville, candy crush etc making so much money from morons pumping real money into it that all devs want a piece.
Old 18-12-2013, 06:18 PM
wattie

Originally Posted by Fullflush
Fact is it's no different to Forza 4 with the DLC
Yeah forza 4 had DLC packs but have you played 5? There's hardly any cars and only a hand full of tracks
Old 18-12-2013, 06:24 PM
chris cdti

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

From whats been said above about the Xbox one and Forza 5 i think im going to save my money and not bother. Isnt there also an issue with pre owned games not working untill the new owner has to pay to activate it to their console?
Old 18-12-2013, 06:30 PM
Fullflush

Yeah I've got 5.

The DLC was 50 for 4 also.

If after the DLC the content (tracks and cars) is equal to 4, I don't think we should complain.

Lets give them a chance to balance it out.

I think they are putting more of a % of the game in DLC to get more to purchase it, yes its shady. But the overall content level will be the same
Old 18-12-2013, 06:30 PM
Fullflush

The pre-owned game thing isn't true
Old 18-12-2013, 07:16 PM
Chopshop85
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Fullflush
Yeah I've got 5.

The DLC was 50 for 4 also.

If after the DLC the content (tracks and cars) is equal to 4, I don't think we should complain.

Lets give them a chance to balance it out.

I think they are putting more of a % of the game in DLC to get more to purchase it, yes its shady. But the overall content level will be the same
The season pass is for the 6 monthly car packs, 60 cars. That still puts them 240 cars short of forza 4.

As for tracks, they have not even announced they will be adding anymore circuits and they probably wont after the Nurburgring GP DLC sold so badly for forza 3. One of the reasons they didnt do any for forza 4.
Old 18-12-2013, 07:32 PM
Zippy_st
ST Beast

Originally Posted by RSmark84
Thats the problem with Xbone, and one reason why Sony have outsold the Xbone by so far.

Sony has won the Gadget of the year award, and its no wonder looking at the sales figures for both Xbone and PS4 i'd say Xbone is a flop.

I'd get and sell your console and buy a PS4. Also if you don't own a PS3 I suggest you buy one as well. Sony like to look after their customer and PS+ shows this by giving away free games every month. I've saved £££ by paying just a few £ for PS+ (currently supporting PS3, PS4 and PSV)

As mentioned DriveClub is free when its out for PS+ its not got all the content as per the digital or retail versions, but its still a free game and a free platinum trophy if you enjoy going for trophies.

Just think Gran Turismo 7 is rumored to be out next year or 2015, with Gran Turismo 6 looking better than Forza 5 you can see why Playstation is the king of the console wars.

One final thing, PS4 is all about the free gaming, and of course PS+. I've yet to buy a PS4 game and have no plans on buying a game until Uncharted 4, Resident Evil 7 and Final Fantasy XV come out....

Just curious how many free games are there on the XBone currently?
Theres lots of free games on the PS4, Wikipedia say 11 so far. Im currently enjoying my free game Resogun.
A friend of mine had his playstation plus account expire while he was away, when he came back the 'free' games were no longer there.
He still had the trophies/achievements for them.

You can only play them while your account is active, if it expires the 'free' games are gone. If they are still available for free download you can get them again, if not then you have to pay.

The longer you have the account the worse it would be to lose the games I think, depending how much you like to play the older games you may have at that time.

Thats would they told him on the phone, when he phoned up to complain the games were gone.
Old 19-12-2013, 07:48 AM
ST Racer
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Originally Posted by Zippy_st
A friend of mine had his playstation plus account expire while he was away, when he came back the 'free' games were no longer there.
He still had the trophies/achievements for them.

You can only play them while your account is active, if it expires the 'free' games are gone. If they are still available for free download you can get them again, if not then you have to pay.

The longer you have the account the worse it would be to lose the games I think, depending how much you like to play the older games you may have at that time.

Thats would they told him on the phone, when he phoned up to complain the games were gone.
It's always been like that but in reality if your an online gamer on the PS4 you need playstation plus anyway so the games never expire.

If he buys plus he can play them again.
Old 19-12-2013, 09:24 AM
Zippy_st
ST Beast

Originally Posted by ST Racer
It's always been like that but in reality if your an online gamer on the PS4 you need playstation plus anyway so the games never expire.

If he buys plus he can play them again.
He bought plus again, he cannot play them again.

He then rang them up to complain, they told him as soon as the account expires the playable access to the games were gone, he had around 30-40 games at that time, and it expired for 3 days (while he was away so didnt know it had run out).

It is a clause they have with the game makers to be able to give them for 'free', as he was told on the phone. keeping the acount always active is the only way to keep the games.

PS. I dont have a playstation or a xbox, just sharing a friends experience. He loved the 'free' games he had, its the reason he bought a ps4, he felt robbed. So I was just giving a heads up

I just think if the account was active for 5 years, then you will have a lot of 'free' games, what shame to lose them all if you ever let the account run out!

Last edited by Zippy_st; 19-12-2013 at 09:31 AM.
Old 27-12-2013, 12:00 PM
RSmark84

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts

Anyone get Forza 5 for x-mas that felt disappointed the the retail game is more or less just a mere demo disc?

Seems a big subject on the interweb about how crap this game really is. I do feel sorry for those who actually bought or got an XBone when they should of got a PS3 for GT6.

Moving on from the PS3, the PS4 has DriveClub coming out in 2 months time, That'll More than likely be a much better game than GT6, and should make your hardcore Xbox fanboi cry that it'll a Sony exculsive.... And free to PS+ account holders.
Old 27-12-2013, 12:07 PM
studabear
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Speaking of fanboys your doing a good job yourself.
Old 06-01-2014, 10:21 PM
Oranoco
Professional Waffler

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

Still on my 360 and playing Forza 4. Been doing an EVO X police car and Colin McRaes mk2 Escort tonight and been ripping up the Nurburgring on my lemon coloured Escort Cossie. Tbh with how little I play games I can't see me bothering to buy a Ps4 or Xbox One