Computers, Consoles and I.T. Post all computer related chat in here for our I.T techies to help with. Please be aware that any discussions related to piracy will be removed and render the member liable to a possible ban. Piracy renders PassionFord Admin liable for prosecution, as well as its members.

Forza 4

Search this Thread

Old 16-10-2011, 06:54 PM
rik-rs
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 137 Likes on 118 Posts

Old 16-10-2011, 07:14 PM
Carlos-Titx
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 103 Likes on 86 Posts

That is funny as Madgit!
Old 16-10-2011, 07:24 PM
Madgit
Works and plays on track

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Worth a second a lap as I feel so much safer and prepared to push it that bit more.
Old 16-10-2011, 07:39 PM
Carlos-Titx
PassionFord Post Whore!!

You tried the new wheel for Forza? Bloody horrible!

Need to get one like yours with pedals.

I'll wait till I upgrade the 360 to the Elite with Kinect.
Old 16-10-2011, 07:45 PM
Madgit
Works and plays on track

Mines ok for about Ł40 but the pedals aren't sensitive enough and not enough movement so they don't offer enough control. So it's almost as though they're on or off if you get me.
Old 16-10-2011, 07:47 PM
Madgit
Works and plays on track

P.S. I don't normally wear the Sparco boots on it.
Old 16-10-2011, 08:03 PM
Carlos-Titx
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Madgit
P.S. I don't normally wear the Sparco boots on it.
Yeah right!

I wear mine
Old 16-10-2011, 08:31 PM
Madgit
Works and plays on track

Need some Astars gloves lmao.
Old 17-10-2011, 03:43 AM
Dexy
DTFTW

Originally Posted by RC4
as said before i had 4 xbox 360,s (r.r.o.d!!!) just fvcking well pissed me off!!! played forza and the gameplay is soo different to gt5 ,forza is more for graphics on cars than graphics in the game ,for kids really
Ive had 3 xboxes now, none of them rrod, ive just sold them as i didnt play them, ive had 2 ps3's now and the first one got sold, the second one was purchased for gt5 and gt5 only, im a die hard gt5 fan ever since the first one, well you know what, i sold the ps3 a week later. GT5 is shite. Ill stick to forza any day and i used to hate xboxes.

Im currently sitting offshore with a ps3 and gt5 and i cant be fucked putting it in, its nothing like forza, how people thing its a real simulator is beyond me.

I cant wait to get forza4 when im home, all i know is that gt5 is pish even compared to forza3 IN MY OPINION.
Old 17-10-2011, 11:13 AM
sarah_mk4
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Hi everyone, just got my forza 4 today, can i have some of your gamertags for my xbox live or anyone can add me:

princessfezza91

Thanks

Sarah =)
Old 17-10-2011, 11:51 AM
7sean7m7
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Hopefully getting this tonight, did anyone beat my laps on the demo in the end?
Old 17-10-2011, 01:07 PM
Lamb Souvla
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sarah_mk4
Hi everyone, just got my forza 4 today, can i have some of your gamertags for my xbox live or anyone can add me:

princessfezza91

Thanks

Sarah =)

Lamb Souvla add me on as well.
Old 19-10-2011, 11:07 AM
Sunil_FiestaRS1800
Advanced PassionFord User

Originally Posted by CarlosST3
You tried the new wheel for Forza? Bloody horrible!

Need to get one like yours with pedals.

I'll wait till I upgrade the 360 to the Elite with Kinect.
Im loving the new wireless wheel. If you want to sell yours for a reasonable price let me know and ill have it off ya, as i want two for split screening
Old 19-10-2011, 04:32 PM
RC4
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Dexy
Ive had 3 xboxes now, none of them rrod, ive just sold them as i didnt play them, ive had 2 ps3's now and the first one got sold, the second one was purchased for gt5 and gt5 only, im a die hard gt5 fan ever since the first one, well you know what, i sold the ps3 a week later. GT5 is shite. Ill stick to forza any day and i used to hate xboxes.

Im currently sitting offshore with a ps3 and gt5 and i cant be fucked putting it in, its nothing like forza, how people thing its a real simulator is beyond me.

I cant wait to get forza4 when im home, all i know is that gt5 is pish even compared to forza3 IN MY OPINION.
so you used to hate xbox,but had 3? then you had 2 ps3,s then sold them but still have 1 and dont turn it on? and gt5 pish compared to forza 3 ............jog on muppet
Old 21-10-2011, 03:48 PM
Carlos-Titx
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Sunil_FiestaRS1800
Im loving the new wireless wheel. If you want to sell yours for a reasonable price let me know and ill have it off ya, as i want two for split screening

It will be a while but when I do I will drop you a pm
Old 21-10-2011, 06:57 PM
Fudgey
Baby Cheesus

Received 106 Likes on 93 Posts

well, ihave bought an xbox 360 250 gb on tuesday, played forza 4 for a bout 3 hours and it seemed ok, but i didnt read the screen when setting the brightness and put it on 100% so on some tracks you are just driving on white

gonna have another go now and try and change the settings

also got halo 3 and gears of war 2, but not opened them yet
Old 21-10-2011, 07:26 PM
rik-rs
PassionFord Post Whore!!

i played it when i got it over last weekend, havent been on it since.....
Old 21-10-2011, 07:27 PM
JohnnyB
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rik-rs
i played it when i got it over last weekend, havent been on it since.....
Old 21-10-2011, 07:29 PM
rik-rs
PassionFord Post Whore!!

gt5 i was on it everyday for months, i didnt play forza 3 for long either...
Old 21-10-2011, 07:37 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

It's down to personal choice and what you want to get from a game. I thought GT5 was really disappointing. They'd sapped every last ounce of fun out of the game in the pursuit of the 'perfect' sim. I was really close to buying a PS3 just for GT5… until I played it! If I wanted that kind of game I'd have bought an F1 sim.

Loved Forza 3 to bits though, thought it had just the right blend of gameplay and fun could play it for hours and never got bored of it – but Forza 4 is just awesome! It's like 3, but better in every area. There's no way (IMO) that you can compare GT5 to F4.

I don't actually have an Xbox, or PS3, and the last console I bought was a PS2, but every week we have a 'lad's night in' which involves a lot of Xbox. While we play a range of games, we always seem to go back to Forza, and now 4's out I doubt any other game will get a look in for quite some time.
Old 21-10-2011, 07:53 PM
RobL

i prefer forza also tbh
i have both consoles and both games, i basically brought another ps3 solely for gt5 and although i have enjoyed it forza 4 has more to offer imo
forza is the new daddy of racing games and i cant see gran tourismo bettering it for another 5 years at least
Old 22-10-2011, 09:11 AM
JohnnyB
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by RobL
i prefer forza also tbh
i have both consoles and both games, i basically brought another ps3 solely for gt5 and although i have enjoyed it forza 4 has more to offer imo
forza is the new daddy of racing games and i cant see gran tourismo bettering it for another 5 years at least

I personally think GT5 and Forza are focused at different parts the market, I love GT5, I have been playing it now since it came out for me its the perfect sim, Forza is a racing game not a sim, and before people say how can it be a sim when you cannot change the brakes, you just don't get it.

I have now moved to the online aspect and I cannot get enough of it, the version 2.0 upgrade has made online so much more fun.
Old 22-10-2011, 01:59 PM
RobL

Originally Posted by JohnnyB
I personally think GT5 and Forza are focused at different parts the market, I love GT5, I have been playing it now since it came out for me its the perfect sim, Forza is a racing game not a sim, and before people say how can it be a sim when you cannot change the brakes, you just don't get it.

I have now moved to the online aspect and I cannot get enough of it, the version 2.0 upgrade has made online so much more fun.
i just dont get it? ok
ive had every gran tourismo since the first one on the ps1
Old 22-10-2011, 05:55 PM
PileOfRust

ive played the forza 4 demo at a mates house and it barely seems different to forza 3

at home i have ps3 with gt5. If gt5 was to sort out the tuning properly i.e engine changes, turbo/supercharger swaps for ANY car and brakes, and then change standard cars to premium, itd own forza hands down imo (this is just from playing forza 3 and forza 4 demo)

Forza is more for people who wanna tune their cars up to the max and piss about with loads of mates online

GT5 isnt about modifying cars at all, its just about driving them... nothing else. Its purely and simply a drivers game

Fuckloads of people dont like gt5's handling as its "unrealistic" and "forza's alot better" .........its gonna be years and years until they can make a game thats as close to real driving as possible

Both good games tbh, it just depends what you wanna get out of the game
Old 22-10-2011, 06:56 PM
JohnnyB
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by PileOfRust
ive played the forza 4 demo at a mates house and it barely seems different to forza 3

at home i have ps3 with gt5. If gt5 was to sort out the tuning properly i.e engine changes, turbo/supercharger swaps for ANY car and brakes, and then change standard cars to premium, itd own forza hands down imo (this is just from playing forza 3 and forza 4 demo)

Forza is more for people who wanna tune their cars up to the max and piss about with loads of mates online

GT5 isnt about modifying cars at all, its just about driving them... nothing else. Its purely and simply a drivers game

Fuckloads of people dont like gt5's handling as its "unrealistic" and "forza's alot better" .........its gonna be years and years until they can make a game thats as close to real driving as possible

Both good games tbh, it just depends what you wanna get out of the game

how can you ever call GT 5 driving unrealistic, its just won award for being so realistic, i have spent a lot of time on forza 3 and for real driving it does not come close, we all knowforza 4 is just a patch not realy a new game
A mate who bought a ps 3 just for gt5 and has a xbox as well says and i quote

forza 4 is no step forword, the graphics are better, but still not ad close to GT5, as a racing sim ie driving GT5 wins again

he has playef it for a week, but he was online last night onGT5

Says it all!

Sent from a Galaxy S2
Old 22-10-2011, 07:23 PM
Madgit
Works and plays on track

Deja vu.
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
Old 22-10-2011, 07:35 PM
Chopshop85
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 70 Likes on 63 Posts

how can you ever call GT 5 driving unrealistic, its just won award for being so realistic, i have spent a lot of time on forza 3 and for real driving it does not come close, we all knowforza 4 is just a patch not realy a new game

forza 4 is no step forword, the graphics are better, but still not ad close to GT5, as a racing sim ie driving GT5 wins again

Says it all!

Sent from a Galaxy S2
Ok, I have a ps3 with gt5, and an xbox with forza 4, and I say the complete opposite of your what your "mate" thinks.

So no, it doesn't say it all. Infact, surely you quoting your friend means you don't even own forza 4, so how can you comment on it?
Old 22-10-2011, 07:39 PM
RobL

Says it all!
youre funny
Old 22-10-2011, 07:48 PM
JohnnyB
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Chopshop85
Ok, I have a ps3 with gt5, and an xbox with forza 4, and I say the complete opposite of your what your "mate" thinks.

So no, it doesn't say it all. Infact, surely you quoting your friend means you don't even own forza 4, so how can you comment on it?

Now I don't own Forza 4, I have a xbox up stairs and I have Forza 3 and I am making a assumption, but from judging from all the my mates and all I have read on the web, it is just a tweak no more.

I am not going to buy the game, but I must admit I was tempted when I spotted it at Sainburys today, but my logical brain kicked in, I am just not into chucking graphics onto cars just bores me, I like to race people on line, what I tend to do is not fuck around with a car to much, like the racing cars in GT5 they are perfect anyway all it will be is changing gearing and wing to suit a different track.

Road cars need more tweaking, but I don't normal do road car races, Race cars from Jap GT to proto type is the game I play.

each to there own!!!

Last edited by JohnnyB; 22-10-2011 at 07:49 PM.
Old 22-10-2011, 08:05 PM
coleman
Always in the background

Now I don't own Forza 4, I have a xbox up stairs and I have Forza 3 and I am making a assumption, but from judging from all the my mates and all I have read on the web, it is just a tweak no more.

I am not going to buy the game, but I must admit I was tempted when I spotted it at Sainburys today, but my logical brain kicked in, I am just not into chucking graphics onto cars just bores me, I like to race people on line, what I tend to do is not fuck around with a car to much, like the racing cars in GT5 they are perfect anyway all it will be is changing gearing and wing to suit a different track.

Road cars need more tweaking, but I don't normal do road car races, Race cars from Jap GT to proto type is the game I play.

each to there own!!!
Are you a "against the grain" type of guy?
Old 22-10-2011, 08:10 PM
JohnnyB
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by coleman
Are you a "against the grain" type of guy?

I know what I like.

have you payed GT5 online?

oh

http://www.computerandvideogames.com...o-5-interview/
Old 22-10-2011, 08:13 PM
rik-rs
PassionFord Post Whore!!

i love gt5....only got forza cos no three door on gt
Old 22-10-2011, 08:18 PM
Chopshop85
PassionFord Post Whore!!

each to there own!!!
But the things I have read online (i.e reviews) are saying its better than GT5. Infact Its got perfect critic scoring on metacritic. Plus its like the old saying goes, if it aint broke don't fix it. Forza 3 was so well received they would be mad to go and change it. All they have done is, as you say, tweaked it and much improved on what was already a great game.

You should give it a go if you like online racing because of all the game modes.
Multi class,
Class circuit,
Cat and mouse,
Playground,
Drift,
Time attack,
Drag racing,
Tag,
Even the top gear giant football pitch

Plus there is plenty of GT,nascar, touring style cars in there if you are not to keen on road cars.
Holden commodore
Ford Falcon
Dodge viper competition coupes
Dodge Viper GTS-R
BMW M3 GTR's
Nissan Advan Z's
Subaru cusco impreza
Audi R8 LMS
Audi TT-R
Audi a4 touring
Panoz esperante GTLM
Jaguar RSR XKR
Ford gt mk7
Ferrari f430 GT
Ferrari F333 SP
Corvette C5.R
Maserati mc12
Pagani Zonda GR
Opel Astra v8
Merc AMG c-class touring
Saleen s7r
Lexus sc430
Toyota exxon supra
Nissan Calsonic skyline
Nissan GT-R
Nissan R390 GT1
Hyundai genesis coupe
Honda NSX GT
Radical SR8 RX
Chevrolet oreca FLM09
Acrua ARX-01b
Acura ARX-02a
Mazda B09/86
Toyota gt-one TS020
Panoz LMP-01
BMW V12 LMR
Bentley speed 8
Peugeot 905 EVO 1C
Cadilac LMP-02
Audi sport R8
Aston martin lola
and more...
Old 22-10-2011, 08:34 PM
jammerrs
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've got to agree with how the adjustments on forza don't make too much difference, maybe I need to try harder Haha
Old 22-10-2011, 09:16 PM
simo2k2000
PassionFord Regular

It's going to be tough not buying Forza 4 when I get back into the country but I'm determined to see what GT5 is like online before I make my mind up
Old 22-10-2011, 11:36 PM
Chopshop85
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I know what I like.

have you payed GT5 online?

oh

http://www.computerandvideogames.com...o-5-interview/
If the last 5 years of the golden joystick awards are anything to go buy the winner of each game category is defined by sales.
Old 23-10-2011, 12:33 PM
Chopshop85
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by jammerrs
I've got to agree with how the adjustments on forza don't make too much difference, maybe I need to try harder Haha
Get a car and fit the race suspension upgrade, then set it to highest ride and softest springs! Its hilarious, you can get the bumpers to scrape on acceleration!
One thing i have noticed is ride height and camber only visually change in races. in the garage the cars have pre determined ride height etc as it is a different game engine.
Old 23-10-2011, 02:39 PM
JohnnyB
PassionFord Post Whore!!

chop there does seem to be a lot more game modes on line, but I cannot see me playing tag or cat and mouse.

on GT5 you have normal race or shuffle that's it.

but there are so many things you can change in each thing, making sure you only can race say FF with power points of 300.

Power points are great, its a score of what the car can do not power...

so you could get a road car give it racing everything, but it will still be a road car, so if I used a race car on the same event, I could only join with far less power to keep the power points at the same level. so the road car would pull away on the straights, but the much extra down force of the race car would make the difference in the corners.
Old 23-10-2011, 04:01 PM
PileOfRust

JohnnyB dont get me wrong, i like gt5 but its not finished!

The guys who make forza have done a better job with forza 4 compared to polyphony who spent 5000000years making gt5... which still has a shitload of bugs, the car tuning is pretty shit, the car selection is shit (mainly japshit, still no porsche etc), and the whole thing about standard and premium cars is so bloody annoying!

why cant they just do what forza do and make every car properly, instead of copying cars from gt4 into it and in actual fact on the comparison vids, some cars look even WORSE. Polyphony have been fucking lazy in designing gt5. The actual driving itself is great, but the rest of the detail is lacking compared to forza which has taken fuck all time to make compared to gt5 so im wondering what the fuck polyphony have been doing for 5 years....

They need to sort gt5 out properly, make it a properly good game. Either that or forza will be number 1, it was mighty close to beating gt5 with forza 3 ffs
Old 23-10-2011, 05:08 PM
Chopshop85
PassionFord Post Whore!!

chop there does seem to be a lot more game modes on line, but I cannot see me playing tag or cat and mouse.

on GT5 you have normal race or shuffle that's it.

but there are so many things you can change in each thing, making sure you only can race say FF with power points of 300.

Power points are great, its a score of what the car can do not power...

so you could get a road car give it racing everything, but it will still be a road car, so if I used a race car on the same event, I could only join with far less power to keep the power points at the same level. so the road car would pull away on the straights, but the much extra down force of the race car would make the difference in the corners.
Lol this is going to sound a bit cliche. but they stole that idea from forza. forza has always had "PI" performance index since forza 1.
It depends on power to weight, tyre compound, aerodynamics etc.

GT5 added "pp" in an update.

Last edited by Chopshop85; 23-10-2011 at 07:44 PM.

Quick Reply: Forza 4