Computers, Consoles and I.T. Post all computer related chat in here for our I.T techies to help with. Please be aware that any discussions related to piracy will be removed and render the member liable to a possible ban. Piracy renders PassionFord Admin liable for prosecution, as well as its members.

"Another installation is in progress...."

Search this Thread

Old 17-09-2007, 10:00 AM
Thrush
Irritating c........
PassionFord Gold Member (Male)

Received 147 Likes on 126 Posts
Default "Another installation is in progress...."

Getting pissed off now....

My own fault - I fucked around with some skin stuff from my desktop (trying out some Mac like object bar and ojbect dock stuff) last month, and when I uninstalled it a few days ago it didn't uninstall properly... So I did a system restore back to the day before I installed the skin stuff....

Only thing is, in that time, my Nokia PC Suite had updated itself with a newer version, so when the PC rebooted and fired up, it said it couldn't find or run PC suit. No worries I thought, I'll uninstall it and reinstall the newer version.

No such luck! When I try, be it using the UNINSTALL option in the start menu, or the ADD REMOVE PROGRAMMES from control panel it tells me it can't complete cos "Another installation is running, please finish this installation and retry later"

But it does it on EVERYTHING I try to install! I tried quicktime yesterday, same message!

I just tried a brand new programme I have never used before, and said the same there. So I tried to uninstall a programme I have had for ages, and same again!

How do I stop it doing this without formatting and starting all over again cos that is LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG!!!!!
Old 17-09-2007, 03:15 PM
BM08
Professional Waffler

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Hmm i think any process to fix your mess ups will be long mate get the xp/vista disc to hand i reckon