Cars for Sale Register for a Gold Membership to sell your car here!

Sierra Cosworth Rouse Sport 304R For Sale.!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2014, 12:28 PM
mikelomax
MOUSE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sierra Cosworth Rouse Sport 304R For Sale.!!!

Price update and more pics on post 18.!!!

Rouse 304R for sale. Cut a long story short I was offered this in part ex for my Racing truck just over a month ago and me being me thought it would be a great idea to own another cosworth but I have realised that it will be just wasted sat in my garage.
Since purchasing it I have had the wheels completely refurbished (Compomotives) including brand new centre caps and all new wheel nuts, Fitted a new bonnet vent, New rear lower leather seat, new power steering pipe, re gasketed the turbo manifold, Put new discs and pads all round and 1 new rear calliper. etc etc.

Since doing all this I have driven it for about 15 miles and it has been sat in storage since.!!! Maybe because my daily car is a 535bhp E60 M5 it does tend to spoil you a bit.!!!!

I must say though she drives absolutely lovely, It is by far the best saff I have driven and I have owned a fair few.!!! Even at speeds exceeding the national speed limit she is very smooth and quiet.

Now the car.!!
It is the most well known Rouse 304R in the country and has had many magazine features early on in its life. It was previously owned by a member on here in the name of “DOO”, The reg is H304EGS. It is number 52 off the production line. I believe there is now only 16 of these left registered in the world and they are definitely the rarest cosworth of them all.!!!

I have a folder full of paperwork with it and it is taxed and mot’d ready to go.
Mileage is 96000 which I strongly believe is very genuine.

Engine spec is as follows,
6 Long studded 200 block
Low comp pistons
Swedish inlet plenum
Fully gas flowed head
BD 10 cams
Siemens black injectors
Group a coilpack
044 fuel pump
Mint T34 turbo
MSD chip
RS500 Intercooler
RS500 Radiator.
Etc etc etc.
It goes like f**k.!!! Pulls very very well. I think with a good setup it should achieve over 400bhp.

It has Koni adjustable shocks all round. Full stainless mongoose exhaust.

My plan was to have the full car painted and put it away into storage but I just can not see me getting any enjoyment out of it in the future.
The bodywork is not the best, I would describe it as “well used” Its far from rusty, in fact only showing small bubbles on the front wings. It does however have a few stonechips on the side skirts and a few marks here and there around the car.

I have had it up on the ramp and it is very very solid underneath. It looks to me like it has never been welded anywhere. Also every panel is original including the front wings which still have the 1990 ford date stamp on them.

Viewing can be arranged anytime day or night in a nice bright dry garage in Stockport, Manchester. I am available anytime if you want a chat or ask any questions

Ok the price is £10k, I may take a part ex it just depends what mood im in when you offer it to me.!!!!! Im in no rush whatsoever to sell it either so please don’t offer me any stupid figures.

I will get her out this afternoon and take some pictures although I am not going to wash it as I can’t be bothered.!!!!

Name:  IMG_5205.jpg
Views: 1405
Size:  143.0 KB
Name:  IMG_5206.jpg
Views: 1232
Size:  112.2 KB

Name:  IMG_5211.jpg
Views: 1129
Size:  141.0 KB

Name:  IMG_5218.jpg
Views: 1070
Size:  132.5 KB
Name:  IMG_5219.jpg
Views: 1079
Size:  113.6 KB

Name:  IMG_5223.jpg
Views: 1278
Size:  79.5 KB

Name:  IMG_5225.jpg
Views: 1182
Size:  96.7 KB

Last edited by mikelomax; 10-02-2016 at 08:08 AM.
Old 12-09-2014, 12:38 PM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

Received 1,044 Likes on 998 Posts

I do like rouse saffs.
Old 12-09-2014, 12:50 PM
maxest
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Thats a blast from the past,, personally I would at least have it properly valeted would make a huge difference
Old 12-09-2014, 01:09 PM
gjh
10K+ Poster!!

Received 347 Likes on 320 Posts

Great investment here fro someone I reckon. GLWTS
Old 14-09-2014, 12:17 AM
silky16v
Get on That!

Shame the best bit of a 304-r is no longer under the bonnet, The Turbo can't think of many that still have them fitted now!
Old 15-09-2014, 01:43 PM
mikelomax
MOUSE

Thats very true, A good valet and clean and the leather will come up really well. Its back in one of my garages under a sheet now but if i get time soon i will give it a proper good clean and get some better pics up.!!!

Oh and yes definately a good investment. This car is rarer than the rs500.!!!!

Regards
Mike
Old 15-09-2014, 03:26 PM
natehall
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

id love that, but im about £9995 short
Old 15-09-2014, 05:48 PM
MikeR+

Isn't the guy that used to own this famous on here? Mikey Buc?

Its a rare car but I hope he has had very little to do with it! If he has good luck!
Old 15-09-2014, 06:13 PM
rog
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 69 Likes on 51 Posts

I don't normally post negative comments on for sale threads, but this car is not worth anywhere near 10k, it needs a lot of bodywork for a start, I know the car more than what you can see in the photos posted here.

Sorry to seem like I'm being a dick but I strongly feel the asking price is very optimistic.
Old 15-09-2014, 07:37 PM
mikelomax
MOUSE

Originally Posted by MikeR+

Its a rare car but I hope he has had very little to do with it! If he has good luck!
Im not sure if that was the previous owner or not like i mentioned at the top i took the car in part ex on my racetruck and that name does not ring any bells.!!!

Originally Posted by rog
I don't normally post negative comments on for sale threads, but this car is not worth anywhere near 10k, it needs a lot of bodywork for a start, I know the car more than what you can see in the photos posted here.

Sorry to seem like I'm being a dick but I strongly feel the asking price is very optimistic.
Like i mentioned earlier i would have given it a full paint if i wanted it to be absolutely mint. Apart from what i have pictured and mentioned can you please advise me what more i can tell potential buyers other than what they can see.???
I like to be as honest as i can in my descriptions and you seem to be making me look like a bad seller.????
The price is negotiable but im pretty sure it is priced accordingly with the current market for rare fords.!!!

Regards
Mike
Old 15-09-2014, 08:47 PM
jason_nike
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 99 Likes on 93 Posts

Yes the car is a well known car, but from an owner a while ago, Doo on here.
Car was well known around all the shows for many years.
Recently originality has become the desired requirement, but modified cars do have a good value too.
Rouse`s are a rare car ( I like them too btw) but they are an acquired taste.
My personal opinion (ducking ready for the replies) is the car has a value of £7500 - £8000 as it looks in the pics.
The drivers seat needs retrimming as it is a major Rouse feature.
Bodywise it has all the parts expected so it is a great basis for an investment.
When I owned mine it was missing the rear lower bumper apron, couldn't bloody find one, but this one has it all exterior wise.
Not trying to criticise, trying to put the plus points forward
Old 15-09-2014, 09:54 PM
chris cdti

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Yeah he had it a while back.
Old 15-09-2014, 10:15 PM
rog
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 69 Likes on 51 Posts

There's rust on the passenger side strut top next to the coolant tank, lift the boot carpets and check the boot floor and inner arches, also lift the carpet in the front footwells. The rear drivers arch was also dodgy but it looks different in your photo.
Old 16-09-2014, 05:06 AM
VEEDUBBED
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

And put back on the missing fixing nut on the turbocharger's bolt!

Last edited by VEEDUBBED; 16-09-2014 at 05:08 AM.
Old 16-09-2014, 08:36 AM
MikeR+

Originally Posted by chris cdti
Yeah he had it a while back.
I thought it was the same car, something could be done with this car but it'd be a huge commitment. It needs more work than just a tidy up and anything he's touched will need looked at and rectified. With this car you either need to really commit to a resto or break it IMO.
Old 16-09-2014, 08:45 AM
mikelomax
MOUSE

Originally Posted by rog
There's rust on the passenger side strut top next to the coolant tank, lift the boot carpets and check the boot floor and inner arches, also lift the carpet in the front footwells. The rear drivers arch was also dodgy but it looks different in your photo.
Just had a look and its not that bad at all, Will get some pics up this afternoon.
Old 16-09-2014, 08:49 AM
mikelomax
MOUSE

Originally Posted by VEEDUBBED
And put back on the missing fixing nut on the turbocharger's bolt!
It doesnt have one as the manifold is threaded on the lower bolts.

I thought it was the same car, something could be done with this car but it'd be a huge commitment. It needs more work than just a tidy up and anything he's touched will need looked at and rectified. With this car you either need to really commit to a resto or break it IMO.
Yes i agree it does need someone committed thats why i have advertised it mainly as i will never find the time to give it the love it deserves. It would be a real shame to break it with there only being 16 left in existence.

Considering everything i am open to a reasonable offer on the car if someone wants to take it on,

Regards
Mike
Old 19-09-2014, 12:31 PM
mikelomax
MOUSE

ok eventuall got round to getting some pics of the areas mentioned earlier in the thread.

as you can see boot floor is pretty good with only a bit of dry surface rust but it has not penetrated into the metal at all.!!!

Passenger floor still looks brand new.!!!!!!

Passenger front strut top does have a small patch of surface rust behind it, (Apologies i had never noticed this before) It is not deep into the metal so will repair very easy.

Price update, I have had a few offers already on the car but no one has shown with the cash as of yet.
I will let the car go for £9000. No more and No less. First person here with the cash takes it away simples.!!!!

Old 19-09-2014, 01:43 PM
rs_traynor
stage4 2wd cosworth

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not a 10k car with that damage on the drivers seat, sorry but I think your dreaming
Old 19-09-2014, 03:14 PM
mikelomax
MOUSE

Originally Posted by rs_traynor
Not a 10k car with that damage on the drivers seat, sorry but I think your dreaming

Thats why its advertised at £9k
Old 19-09-2014, 06:23 PM
Harris.
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 55 Likes on 51 Posts

The rust in the boot don't look good around the arches . I wouldn't fancy scrapping any off to see what is under it Sorry but I wouldn't like a tap up the arse in that . Inner wing will need a complete strip down top and bottom .

Rust is always worse than it looks,it works its way out so check It

Sorry to be so negative but I wouldn't go anywhere near 9k , your in the 4/5k bracket at most
Old 20-09-2014, 09:32 AM
mikelomax
MOUSE

4-5k lol.!!!
Old 21-09-2014, 11:09 AM
Fullflush
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 93 Likes on 79 Posts

I think you have 2k's worth of repairs needed - stick your hand in your pocket and get it done, you should bank 10k then.
Old 22-09-2014, 07:48 AM
mikelomax
MOUSE

Originally Posted by Fullflush
I think you have 2k's worth of repairs needed - stick your hand in your pocket and get it done, you should bank 10k then.

I can not see anywhere near £2k of repairs anywhere but your spot on it would be at least a £10k car when its right.!!!

I have someone very interested in breaking it for me as he wants a few of the parts himself. i will give it untill the end of the week and if not sold then unfortunately looks like another one off the road.!!!!

Mike
Old 22-09-2014, 08:36 AM
m4tt274
PassionFord Post Whore!!

i think it would be a worthwhile investment as a seller to rectify a few bits and pieces. the rust by the strut is nasty!

I can't imagine it's a good feeling taking a car you believe to be a good example as part exchange then coming into the clique of people who know them and finding the car has a slightly dodgy past.

I would give the thing a 'Mike Brewering' to get a good price. At least give the thing a clean out to at least give us the impression you care about it.
Old 22-09-2014, 02:43 PM
3FRD

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

This is Mikey's old car. Defo a 5k car but wouldn't be my money. I have pics of it from before he bought it as I was interested in it from a previous owner. Needed a lot of work then and can't see him having improved on it..
Old 22-09-2014, 04:56 PM
Fullflush

For 2k you would get the shell as straight as an arrow. You get what you pay for.
Old 22-09-2014, 05:03 PM
james kiely
10K+ Poster!!

Received 428 Likes on 403 Posts

the probs with rouses is you either love or hate them and they dont have a premium price wise over the standard car .

it would be a shame to break it

a few pics of this car in its prime might get someone a bit excited mike as it was one of the top cars back in the day.
Old 22-09-2014, 08:33 PM
mikelomax
MOUSE

Originally Posted by Fullflush
For 2k you would get the shell as straight as an arrow. You get what you pay for.
It would be one of the best out there with £2k spent on it.!!!

Originally Posted by james kiely
the probs with rouses is you either love or hate them and they dont have a premium price wise over the standard car .

it would be a shame to break it

a few pics of this car in its prime might get someone a bit excited mike as it was one of the top cars back in the day.
I agree with you but what i dont want to do is lead people into a false pretence of what they are buying, I am a very honest person and always have been thats why i pictured the car in its current state so i have absolutely nothing to hide.!!!

Taking everything into consideration i have made my mind up now that i definately dont want to keep it as i do not have the time or the patience to put it right. I have just purchased a 34ft American RV so all my spare time is going into getting that how we want it as a family motorhome.

I would definately rather someone buy it and restore it that have to break it but if thats the way i have to get my money out of it then so be it.!!!

If Someone fancys making me a decent offer before i break it then feel free i can only say no.!!!!!

Regards
Mike
Old 22-09-2014, 09:54 PM
Fullflush

The car is a rare gem, if you spent that cash you could have no problems finding a good home for it. I don't doubt for one second this car has potential.
Old 22-09-2014, 11:11 PM
rs_traynor
stage4 2wd cosworth

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The car needs a right good clean inside, a nice wee detail out side and tyre shine wouldn't go a miss it's not very appealing to be honest but I don't think rouse's are... Abit to tacky for me, I think a normal cossie looks cleaner and not so clogged up with shit side skirts etc just my opinion, but like above spend some time getting it looking half presentable even under the bonnet looks grubby. I think you bought it cheap thinking you could make a quick buck just cause it was a rouse to be honest the way it looks and going by the pics it looks pretty rough and not worth 9k either.
Old 23-09-2014, 08:06 AM
3FRD

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

2k restoring a car doesn't get you very far and certainly wouldn't make it anywhere near one of the best out there. If you wanted to make this one of the best out there you would have to spend 4/5 times that I.e 8/10k. I won't comment any more but you are dreaming with the price and dreaming with what it'd cost to make this a nice car again. It needs more than just a blow over to make it one of the best, a lot more.
Old 23-09-2014, 10:00 AM
155lee
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 134 Likes on 117 Posts

Hi,looked at the thread a few times and I don't usually comment on folks for sale threads but I have to say,as rare as the car s its a bag of dicks.
The interior is cracked and looks crap,there's screws missing from the sill covers,it has a 2wd cam cover,wheel center caps missing,the n/s inner arch looks rotten and the boot floor has had water sitting in it,the fuel pump cut off is missing,the steering wheel is wrong and awful,the n/s inner wing is not an easy repair,the pic of the rouse badge shows orange peel paint and some tiger seal or something on the side skirt,it's been delocked.
From the pics it's clear to see its been pulled apart and not put back together properly, neglected by previous owners and now is either only good for breaking,track car or someone wanting a cheap cossie to use.
A rouse would command more than a normal saph if its mint as folk looking for rouses will want the best 1 out there,a normal saph worth 10k would be minimal miles or very well looked after with desireable mods.
This car is neither.
That's my opinion and my advice would be delete this thread,give it a good clean,stick it on eBay with some decent photos and see what happens as there's no way anybody on this forum will give you near what you're asking after reading all the neg comments.
Or break it which would be a shame and more hassle.