Cars for Sale Register for a Gold Membership to sell your car here!

1992 VR6 golf Black/black leather £1950

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 03:56 PM
Lee Ivatt
Shizzle My Nizzle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1992 VR6 golf Black/black leather £1950

This is my 1992 VR6. Originally bought as a blind Ebay purchase for good price to canabalise for a VR6 conversion project, but on inspection the non running engine was actually scrap and the car was just too good to not keep it. So it was revived!

Last edited by Lee Ivatt; 13-07-2010 at 08:49 PM.
Old 08-02-2010, 04:35 PM
cozzymatt
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

your house looks like it needs a haircut!

great looking bug good luck with the sale..
Old 10-02-2010, 10:06 AM
Lee Ivatt
Shizzle My Nizzle

This '92 is one of the earliest ever made and in my opinion the best. These had the better styling with the skirts and arch trims and VW actually fully protected the entire body unlike the later mk3's when they cut back on manurefacturing expenses.
Vw slapped on a good 1/2" of underseal to the entire underside and cavities, as a result the car is well presereved.
Obviously its a 18 year old car now, so its not perfect, but is great condition for its age requireing no welding.
The body work is in fair condition, there are no major defects and it shines up nicley after a wash and wax. There is a scratch on the bonnet and some minor scuffs on bumper corners and dings from inconciderate parking on the drivers door, if wanted could easily be pulled buy a paintless removal firm for about £30-40.
As with all mk3's, the near side rear 1/4 has a surface rust bubble about the size of a little fingernail, and really is noting to worry about unless your pedantic. Ive seen many cars with holes you can put your finger through, so in comparison this car is super. The rear tail gate also has some bubbling under the handle (this can not be easily seen but again im telling you so you know).
Please dont be put off buy my descriptions, im just trying to describe it as best as possible as to not waste your or my time, what im saying is the car is not 'show car quality' As you can see in the pics the body work is clean and perfectably presentable.
The car has done 138k, I bought the car with a blown engine as I had a spare one waiting for it. The engine in the car has done approximatly 65k, and is in great shape with no signs of wear, its basically only just run in.
(The current engine)

Before instaling the engine, it was treated to a full timing set (all genuine VW), compromising of both upper and lower timing chains, upper and lower guides, and both upper and lower tensioners.

This is nearly always over looked on the VR6, due to the scale of the job. Most garages will charge £1000+ for this work.

Whilst the flywheel was off, the engine was treated to a new main shaft oil seal, and the box was put back on with a nice shiny LUX clutch kit.

As you can expect the engine then recieved to some new oil and filters,plugs, the rad has been flushed through and the brake fluid changed.

Also fitted is a full 2.5" REMUS stainless steel exhaust system. This nicley improves engine breathing, and gives a lovley sound in the upper rpm range, though remains totally stock sounding at idle and normal every day use.

So mechanically the car is sorted, the engine is in perfect order and is ready to play.

Last edited by Lee Ivatt; 13-07-2010 at 08:51 PM.
Old 12-02-2010, 02:43 PM
Lee Ivatt
Shizzle My Nizzle

Suspension wise the car is fitted with fully adjustable FK coilovers, and rolling on a set of 16" Audi TT competition alloys (probably one of the nicest VAG alloys to fit a mk3)
(Coilovers before fitting)

(TT comps)

The car has brand new vented disks and pads fitted front and back, and new ABS rings and sensors fitted on the front.

---
The front tyres are brand new, and the rear tyres have about 10% wear.

Styling wise its been very subtly modded with the badges painted in 'VW Stien Grey' and a set of brand new chrome smoked front halogen fog and indicators.
(before fitting)

The interior is in VERY good condition. The black leather came from a Highline with only 25k on the clock.
(interior before install)

---

Last edited by Lee Ivatt; 13-07-2010 at 08:53 PM.
Old 13-02-2010, 07:10 AM
Lee Ivatt
Shizzle My Nizzle

Its got the usual mk3 VR6 spec trim, electric windows, sunroof, mirrors and centeral locking. Full MAF trip with average MPG,MPH distance etc.

The car also has and immobiliser fitted and this is included with 2 key fobs.

So here we have a completley sound mechanical car in great condition for its age.

Please dont be fooled by similar priced cars, as mentioned its almost definatle that they wont have had the expensive timing work done. Many will fiddle with the top chain and tensioner as these can be done in situ, but this is not ideal and is a cheap fix. As mentioned I bought this car as a non runner for a conversion donor, the reason it was a non runner is due to timing chain failure resulting in a scrap engine.

The car will come with some spares including a new oil filter, an oil filter housing, a thermostat housing, and various bits of spare trim.

To freshen the car up a little more its also had new bulbs all round, new number plates and a new battery complete with 2 yr warrenty.

The car is due to be booked in for an MOT next week once I recived the insurance certificate. So the car will come with

12 months MOT
and
6 months TAX

---

Please be aware in some of the pictures the suspension is raised, and is still currently raised. This is to help aid the MOT tester and to make sure it gets on the rollers with out damaging the sump etc. The car will be wound down as soon as its got its ticket!!!

Im asking £1950 ono

Please no time wasters or tyre kickers. Im very tempted to keep the car for summer weekend toy, as its just how I want it. I thought id test the water, as it makes sence while its got all its brand new, fresh and shiny parts on it. If it goes it goes, im not to fussed.

Hopefully you have a good idea about the car now, Ive been as honset as i can, and perhaps a bit too fussy. But Hopefully it will save waisting anyones time.

The car is what it is. A mechanically sound presentable car. A car any self confesed car nut should own at some point, as these are slowly becoming a great classic with the iconic status they already posess. There is nothing else that sounds like a VR6!

The car is very realistically priced, the servicing work and parts undertaken and the bolt on goodies total a much greater sum than the asking price here.
So grab you self a great bargin of a car.
This is a hell of a lot of car for the money and you wont be disapointed.

Last edited by Lee Ivatt; 13-07-2010 at 08:55 PM.
Old 13-02-2010, 05:10 PM
Lee Ivatt
Shizzle My Nizzle

Forgot to mention the car is located North essex, near Colchester.

Last edited by Lee Ivatt; 13-07-2010 at 08:57 PM.
Old 13-07-2010, 09:01 PM
Lee Ivatt
Shizzle My Nizzle

Ok, Ive decided the car must definatly sell now. Even though this car puts a smile on my face every time.

Ive got another project in the wings, so need the space in the workshop and some extra cash to fund it.

£1800 in my hand and you can drive it away!
Old 13-07-2010, 09:08 PM
scottyrs
DURHAM RSOC

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

bargain!!
Old 13-07-2010, 09:15 PM
Lee Ivatt
Shizzle My Nizzle

Originally Posted by scottyrs
bargain!!
Yeh I know. Its priced to sell, as I can't be doing with all the timewasters you seem to get now days.
Old 13-07-2010, 09:23 PM
bubs_rsturbo
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

im sure u will still get timewasters! theyre everywhere lol

nice car great price, good luck with the sale
Old 14-07-2010, 04:15 PM
cozzy940
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

bargain, lot of car for the money
Old 14-07-2010, 04:28 PM
milesy23rst
PUG 306 GTI-6

Nice car i have always been tempted by one of these good luck with the sale m8
Old 14-07-2010, 04:33 PM
paceo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

shame you wasnt closer, i havent got a way of getting to you! nice car!
Old 14-07-2010, 04:38 PM
DanCossie
Post Whore

What are these like on fuel Lee??
Old 14-07-2010, 06:27 PM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

Received 1,044 Likes on 998 Posts

Very nice car mate.If its anything like your other cars it will of been looked after very well.

Good luck with the sale.

Do you miss the RS 16i and did you find out where it is.
Old 14-07-2010, 10:24 PM
Fiddy
10K+ Poster!!

Love VR6 golfs, and that looks a very good one, at very reasonable money.
Old 15-07-2010, 11:13 AM
Bungle
Advanced PassionFord User

when i first read this i thought you was having a laugh but with that spec and the work done its a hell of a lot of car for its money and with a description like that i'd buy from you no problem, good luck
Old 15-07-2010, 10:11 PM
Lee Ivatt
Shizzle My Nizzle

Originally Posted by DanCossie
What are these like on fuel Lee??
Not as bad as youd imagine!

Ive not done many miles in this car, but I did have a mk2 VR6 about 2 years ago, and went all over the place in it.

A motorway trip at 70mph can easily show 30-35mpg!

Is say the average (thats everyday town and B road stuff) your looking at around 27-28mpg.

This is of course driving the car "responsibly". If you drive like a loon 15mpg is more like it. I once got 9mpg early on a sunday morning

Its all about how much self control you have over that LOUD PEDAL, cos trust me there is nothing else that sounds like a VR6.

Originally Posted by Glenny Boy
Very nice car mate.If its anything like your other cars it will of been looked after very well.

Good luck with the sale.

Do you miss the RS 16i and did you find out where it is.
Well mate the car is what it is, its nice and clean and tidy, Ive only really put the effort into the mechanical side of things.

You cant really go wrong with this one, it will make some one a great cheap weekend toy, or even a nice daily driver for a first timer.

I mean how many cars can you get that look pretty cool, have that V6 roar and full leather and electric. All for what is relativly peanuts these days!

Yeh 16i is on the road taxed and mot'd, glad to hear this. hope the new owner is enjoying her

Originally Posted by Fiddy
Love VR6 golfs, and that looks a very good one, at very reasonable money.
Well im really unsure. The more research I do Im starting to think ive underpriced my car a bit too much?

Thing is, as said, ive priced it to sell.

The golf i the link here is basically identical to mine, though he has not done the £1000 worth of timing chain work mine has. and its...................
............£3200
Think hes being a bit opomistic here!
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1816738.htm

Originally Posted by RS Bungle
when i first read this i thought you was having a laugh but with that spec and the work done its a hell of a lot of car for its money and with a description like that i'd buy from you no problem, good luck
Yeh, thanks. I always try to be as honest as poss and give as much info and pics as I can.

Its basically to try and stop the all too common time wasters and chancers.

Basically I do my adds how id like to see one done for a car I ws looking to buy. Wish more people put some effort in tho. The ammount of waster trips ive had all over the country over the years is a joke. Ive found the word "MINT" is drastically over used

Im going to try and post up a vid over the weekend, so you can hear her start up and that loud pedal!
Old 15-07-2010, 10:22 PM
geesta

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great write up and great car. I think it's under priced, it won't last long.
Old 20-07-2010, 08:01 AM
Lee Ivatt
Shizzle My Nizzle

Car had an advisory on a sticking caliper so Ive taken no chances and have ordered 2 new calipers for it.

Price will remain the same.
Old 20-07-2010, 08:53 AM
paceo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Lee Ivatt
Car had an advisory on a sticking caliper so Ive taken no chances and have ordered 2 new calipers for it.

Price will remain the same.
ok lee can you let me know when you get the car back from the garage and ill book the train up to colchester to look at the car
Old 20-07-2010, 09:47 PM
cambo205

would you px a mondeo 130 tdci zetec s saloon just had clutch done 8400 miles nice car 53 plate
Old 21-07-2010, 05:50 AM
Lee Ivatt
Shizzle My Nizzle

Originally Posted by cambo205
would you px a mondeo 130 tdci zetec s saloon just had clutch done 8400 miles nice car 53 plate
No sorry no Px, its a cash sale.

Sale pending untill the weekend at present.
Old 21-07-2010, 06:22 AM
JayCC
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Have to admit, the MK3's are my least favourite Golf.. (other than the MK6, but who counts that?)

But I really really like that! Hope the sale goes well!
Old 26-08-2010, 06:15 PM
BillyCabrio
10K+ Poster!!

Location: Dartford, Kent - Home of the two way one way system.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did this sell Lee?
Old 20-09-2010, 07:47 AM
Lee Ivatt
Shizzle My Nizzle

Originally Posted by BillyCabrio
Did this sell Lee?
Sold almost instantly, full asking price also.
Old 28-11-2013, 10:56 AM
paceo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

looking through old threads and i still have it guys! love it still! going in for a full restoration in 1 to 2 years when i have all the genuine panels i need, few bits have changed mod wise and it kicked out 198bhp on the rollers.

Name:  vr6_zps41a922de.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  69.5 KB

Last edited by paceo; 28-11-2013 at 10:59 AM.
Old 28-11-2013, 03:06 PM
xr2john
Passionford Addict

Received 89 Likes on 88 Posts

Good cars these. I sold my 1 for £1500, had full coil overs,17s,full stainless,decat,chipped filter etc etc. also had high line leather,single wiper and debaged grill. Was a cracking car,kicked it's head in everywhere and never missed a beat and made an awesome noise. Would have another 1 no problem. Here's a quick pick

http://i667.photobucket.com/albums/v...n/b98abffc.jpg
Old 02-12-2013, 10:04 AM
paceo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by xr2john
Good cars these. I sold my 1 for £1500, had full coil overs,17s,full stainless,decat,chipped filter etc etc. also had high line leather,single wiper and debaged grill. Was a cracking car,kicked it's head in everywhere and never missed a beat and made an awesome noise. Would have another 1 no problem. Here's a quick pick

http://i667.photobucket.com/albums/v...n/b98abffc.jpg