Cars for Sale Register for a Gold Membership to sell your car here!

Mark Hales Firestone Sapphire Cosworth Racecar

Search this Thread

Old 14-01-2010, 02:01 PM
Touring Car Spares
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mark Hales Firestone Sapphire Cosworth Racecar

New Year ,New ad .
Please restrict your answers to sensible questions ,PM me if you need anything more /
Bought by Ford Motorsport on the 8th Jan 1988 to contest the Firestone Production saloon car c/ship and Wilhire 24 hr race, built by Roger Dowson and used by Mark Hales & Slim Borgudd to win the 89 Willhire 25 hr race , great history car ! now fitted with a 460 +bhp Julian Godfrey engine , long studded 200 block and Pectel T6 Management , an international FIA spec Rollcage and featuring a "Trackstar" paint job . AP 6 pot brakes with New PFC pads ,Quantum adjustable front Coilover Dampers & Leda rear dampers , long range tank ,GpA Adjustable front Anti-roll bar kit , rose jointed track control arms and compression struts , perspex , composite bonnet etc.... 2 x sets of wheels , build invoices showing over £15,000's worth of works . competitive Class B car for Semsec,DMN , LMA etc...

The Paperwork shows a copy of its original E plate V5 , i do NOT have a current V5 and am selling this a racecar ONLY ,you must make your own enquiries about its possibilities as anything else .
I took this car to Lydden Hill and raced it in the local Barc c/ship in june last year, im rusty as hell and the car handled like a boat before i started to sort that out ,but it was quick and inspired me that its a good solid car to go forward with , i bought it a New Quaife CTS Racebox, Adjustable dampers ,GpA Roll bar kit and stripped and re-checked the engine just to be sure !
Its ready for a Shakedown and a set up and worth more in bits so no silly offers please ,if it doesn;t sell i'll just enter it again in the DMN and have a bit of fun with it . £14,950

Last edited by Touring Car Spares; 14-01-2010 at 02:10 PM.
Old 14-01-2010, 02:11 PM
Touring Car Spares

The N/s strut is back in now
Old 14-01-2010, 02:44 PM
Steve the Plumber
The original Rouge Trader

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

BTTT for you, was this for sale last year?, i seem to remember this at Lydden last year when i was doing a track day, it kept coming past me!!

I liked it then and wouldnt mind it now.
Old 14-01-2010, 04:53 PM
Touring Car Spares

Originally Posted by Steve the Plumber
BTTT for you, was this for sale last year?, i seem to remember this at Lydden last year when i was doing a track day, it kept coming past me!!

I liked it then and wouldnt mind it now.
Pat Doran and Julian Godfrey were hooning about in it , i bought it off Julian , he got it as a bad debt and i finally prized it out of him !
Old 15-01-2010, 05:18 PM
krzoska82
Part of the Furniture

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow what a great car
Old 15-01-2010, 05:48 PM
v man
Zee Germans are coming

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Touring Car Spares
New Year ,New ad .
Please restrict your answers to sensible questions ,PM me if you need anything more /
Bought by Ford Motorsport on the 8th Jan 1988 to contest the Firestone Production saloon car c/ship and Wilhire 24 hr race, built by Roger Dowson and used by Mark Hales & Slim Borgudd to win the 89 Willhire 25 hr race , great history car ! now fitted with a 460 +bhp Julian Godfrey engine , long studded 200 block and Pectel T6 Management , an international FIA spec Rollcage and featuring a "Trackstar" paint job . AP 6 pot brakes with New PFC pads ,Quantum adjustable front Coilover Dampers & Leda rear dampers , long range tank ,GpA Adjustable front Anti-roll bar kit , rose jointed track control arms and compression struts , perspex , composite bonnet etc.... 2 x sets of wheels , build invoices showing over £15,000's worth of works . competitive Class B car for Semsec,DMN , LMA etc...

The Paperwork shows a copy of its original E plate V5 , i do NOT have a current V5 and am selling this a racecar ONLY ,you must make your own enquiries about its possibilities as anything else .
I took this car to Lydden Hill and raced it in the local Barc c/ship in june last year, im rusty as hell and the car handled like a boat before i started to sort that out ,but it was quick and inspired me that its a good solid car to go forward with , i bought it a New Quaife CTS Racebox, Adjustable dampers ,GpA Roll bar kit and stripped and re-checked the engine just to be sure !
Its ready for a Shakedown and a set up and worth more in bits so no silly offers please ,if it doesn;t sell i'll just enter it again in the DMN and have a bit of fun with it . £14,950

hi sorry to be a bit off topic but do you suply the windows in the track saff can you sell me some
Old 15-01-2010, 05:52 PM
rs_traynor
stage4 2wd cosworth

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

thats a cracker i love old skool touring cars
Old 16-01-2010, 11:17 AM
Touring Car Spares

Thanks for the positive comments lads.

Vman , please see the 1st line of my post, this is a FOR SALE ad ,i cant help you tho with your request .,