Cars for Sale Register for a Gold Membership to sell your car here!

JDM MY03 Impreza Sti Twin Scroll P/X Focus RS

Search this Thread

Old 30-10-2008, 10:21 PM
rob2006

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JDM MY03 Impreza Sti Twin Scroll P/X Focus RS

Looking to p/x / swap my 2003 JDM impreza STI Twin Scroll Turbo.

Currently showing 34,000 miles on the clock but some of this is in KLMS.

Taxed until Jul 2009 and MOT until Oct 2009 (tested last week)

Being a Japanese import Twin Scroll variant this car was never available in the UK. For this reason the car has ** NO CO2 ** reading on the log book which means it is taxed on the PLG rate at £185 per year.

The JDM car of this year also has the sought after DCCD gearbox which wasn't seen in the UK until the STI's off 2005 onwards. But i'm sure you all know that anyway.

Standard equipment and spec over the Uk cars include...

HID headlights
Twin Scroll Turbo
Equal Length tubular Stainless steel Manifolds
Slightly larger Intercooler
Larger profile Cam Shafts
Bigger Valves
Stronger Pistons
Stronger Con Rods
Nitrated Crank
8000rpm redline
Quick Rack Steering
Automatic Intercooler Spray (also manual)
Red glow instruments with Sweep Check on start up. (like Defi Gauges)
Titanium STI Strut Brace
Shorter 5th and 6th gear
DCCD Gearbox
Rear Wiper
Rear Privacy Glass
Different rear Tail light configuration
17"x8 Magnesium BBS Wheels

Those with an intention to modify may like to know that the ECU in a JDM car has the ability to run launch control, anit lag (kind off), dual boost and fuel maps etc. The Uk cars ECU does not have some of these functions.

My car is unmodified with 320ps as standard. It is certainly quicker than my previous Type UK 2003 STI with PPP, it also turns in shaper and does not suffer from any understeer (like UK Car)... it has the same raw feel of my old Evo 6 but without the silly fuel and maintenance costs.

In the pictures you will see a ghastly looking fog light under the rear bumper, I had this removed and integrated into the rear lamps the way it should be done on all imported cars. I have also just fitted a TRU V-limited front splitter and a set of WR blue STI mud flaps. (not shown in pics)

I like to p/x / swap against a focus RS, preferance to a car with modifications.

Reason for sale - My wife is having problems driving the car. She finds it to big and is terrified of knocking it in a car park etc. I'm a bit of a petrol head and dont want a 'normal car' as she calls it and i dont want the hastle of having a 'his and hers' car as been there, tried that and it was allot more expensive.

Being an import insurance is more expensive than a UK model. I'm 27 with Full NCB and it cost an extra £38 per year over my UK car.... LOL.. how could i ever aford it.

£11995. ono.
Please no comparrison in price against a UK car which is slower, less spec'd, mechanically inferior, double the millage and soon to be double the cost in road tax, this is a rare car with only a handfull for sale in the UK.

I'm located in the highlands of Scotland.

Last edited by rob2006; 07-11-2008 at 04:43 PM.
Old 04-11-2008, 03:33 PM
rob2006

New updated pics take today, sorry about the weather.

Old 14-11-2008, 04:05 PM
rob2006

still for sale.
Old 15-11-2008, 03:47 PM
pauldonachyrs
Advanced PassionFord User

nice scooby
Old 20-11-2008, 11:57 AM
rob2006

Originally Posted by pauldonachyrs
nice scooby
Thanks,

Anyone with a FRS looking to swap / px
Old 20-11-2008, 12:25 PM
collierm
MP for K.I.S.S

I had one of these in the same colour and it was an utterly brilliant car. Loved mine to bits and was gutted when I sold it.

Good luck with the sale and whoever gets it is buying a cracking car. Just get ready to get your teeth whitened as you won't stop smiling.

Personally not convinced about the FRS, but hey ho
Old 20-11-2008, 02:25 PM
rob2006

Originally Posted by collierm
I had one of these in the same colour and it was an utterly brilliant car. Loved mine to bits and was gutted when I sold it.

Good luck with the sale and whoever gets it is buying a cracking car. Just get ready to get your teeth whitened as you won't stop smiling.

Personally not convinced about the FRS, but hey ho
I went along with a few lads from down Edinburgh area to crail when i had a Type UK STI. One of guys on that trip had a JDM version just like the one i have now. He paid just over 1.5k more for it than i did for a UK car.

At the time of buying the UK car there wasnt all that many JDM's about (still isn't) and i really didnt think it would be all that different hence buying a UK at the time... ohh boy was i so so wrong.!!!

UK STI then sold, dabbled about with an EVO then a Skyline and after all that bought the JDM STI.

I will be gutted when its gone but the wife has major issues parking it and driving it in general. Shes not all that long past her test either. (just over a year).

We had a 'normal' focus and thats what she got used to driving in but running 2 cars isnt cheap so we sold it. Her latest suggestion was a newer style focus but i really dont like the ST and that would be the only one i would buy. My suggestion is the FRS and 75% of the time its her that will use the car anyway.