Cars for Sale Register for a Gold Membership to sell your car here!

Golf Gti mk2 8v

Search this Thread

Old 23-08-2006, 06:40 PM
Dicko&Vacant
10K+ Poster!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Golf Gti mk2 8v

the time has come to say bye to my Gti, ive changed a few things but not had chance to take any decent pictures of it yet, will get some this afternoon so these ones will have to do for now,

1990 Golf Gti 8v

Big Bumper Model

in stunning Tornado Red, NOT pink like the majority of Tornado Red Golfs you see about!

bearing in mind this car is 16yrs old the bodywork is in very good condition, has been polished a lot to maintain its very shiny bodywork, and as long as ive owned it, never been washed in a car wash!

Ive owned this car for a year and a half, its given me a lot of satisfaction, the bodywork is vgc, its got a few dings here and there but nothing out of the ordinary for a car of this age

I bought it from a lad i know, who had replaced the engine with a mk3 2.0 8v, engine code 2e when the head gasket went on the original, however this has been replaced with the proper engine which i removed from a car i was breaking at the time, as it had a bit of work done and seemed a better engine, the only downside i can think of is that my friend actually lost the history for the car after a house move, so ive got no history with it, just what ive bought myself, however as i knew the car and how it had been looked after it wasnt a major problem to me

The car has been tastefully modified from standard, no chav spoilers or neons, parts ive changed include-

Clear Crystal Front headlights

Smoked Indicators

Air Ducts in front bumper to replace original fog lights

3 slatted Badgeless Grille

Single wiper Conversion

Deep eyebrow finished in anthracite to complement the wheels

Brock B2 Supercups (15" x 7" ) VERY RARE and finished in anthracite, these are GENUINE Brocks not cheap copies!!!!

G60 Arches on front

Smoked side repeaters

M3 style Smoked Clear Rear light cluster

De-wipered Boot

Wolfsburg Badges at rear to replace VW badge

Twin Oval Exhaust

Full Powerflex Poly bushes all round

Spax Ps-x springs and shockers (80-mm)- this suspension is ride adjustable

Engine has a Piper X air filter and Vernier pulley, and also a Kent GS2H fast road cam

Toad Alarm and Immobiliser

the interior is in vgc, there is no wear on the drivers bolster as ive replaced it with a passenger base so it looks mint, its got the grey and black and red check seats. the gearknob is a wolfsburg edition one, as are door pins, also has an ektor steering wheel.

the car has 12months MOT, the only advisory notice was for the brake discs ( bearing in mind the car has been stood for 6mths its to be expected ) and a CV boot, which i will be replacing this week

the car is currently untaxed as i took it off the road in December as i dont really use it, if i get a decent price in my mind then i will tax the vehicle for buyer so they can drive it away, but if it doesnt reach this price then i wont be taxing it and you can drive it away at your own risk.

I am not asking stupid money for it, looking through prices for mk2 Gti's at the moment i think im being very reasonable, im not in any rush to get rid of the car so if i dont get the right price i wont let her go,

now for the bad bits, im being as honest as i can, and im sure most people arent when selling cars on ebay as ive noticed before!

there are minor dings here and there, nothing major and no really noticeable dents, like ive said though it is a 16yr old car and its to be expected it isnt perfect!

the bootlid has a few scabs of rust along the bottom edge, and also where the boot handle is, but its not dropping to bits, nothing too major though

The engine has been replaced with the standard engine, it will probably need a tune up as its been stood for 6mths, but it does run fine

It needs a speedo cable fitting, as the old one was cut off when we took engine out, its not a job id recommend doing yourself unless you know what your doing, as ive been told if the speedo drive cog goes into gearbox itll knacker it!

Oh and before i forget... some idiot put a nice big boyracer rev counter on the dash before i owned it, which has of course been removed, but has left the dash with a few holes, its not that bad, but i couldnt justify replacing the dashboard!!!

if you have any questions please feel free to email me or pm me

im looking for sensible offers in the region of £1300
Old 31-08-2006, 09:55 AM
Dicko&Vacant
10K+ Poster!!

up or will swap for same priced rs turbo etc
Old 31-08-2006, 03:19 PM
BM08
Professional Waffler

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

You say it had a mk3 2.0 in there, but now its the standard engine? which is? sorry this confused me thats all
Old 31-08-2006, 09:09 PM
Dicko&Vacant
10K+ Poster!!

a mk3 gti engine is a 2.0 8valve which are shit and a mk2 gti is a 1.8 8valve which is standard engine
Old 01-09-2006, 12:11 PM
BM08
Professional Waffler

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Dicko
a mk3 gti engine is a 2.0 8valve which are shit and a mk2 gti is a 1.8 8valve which is standard engine
Yeah i know, just wasnt sure if it was 16 or 8 v.

Looks like a nice motor though