Cars & Parts Wanted. Need a specific car or part? Ask in here!! Starting a topic requires you to have purchased a gold membership.

turbo wanted for 2.0 blacktop zetec

Search this Thread

Old 25-08-2012, 04:55 PM
mcramsay
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default turbo wanted for 2.0 blacktop zetec

hey guys, first post on this forum, ive been watching in the shadows for a while but im in need of some parts and ebay is not coming up trumps!

basically i own a GBSC ZERO kit car, which has a brand spankers 2.0 black top fitted on jenvey throttle bodies and emerald ecu,

im looking to do a turbo install on it over the winter months, so im looking for a turbo that would be up to the job, most people seem to use the T3 turbo, but im not fussy, anything that will fit the bill! its going to be a complete custom install including the exhaust manifold so im not limited by anything like that. im looking for around 240 BHP from the engine on low boost (engine internals are going to be standard). so if any body has a turbo that fits the bill sat in the garage please let me know. im looking to do a bit of a budget install so im not after anything pricey. if you have cheap knackerd turbo sat in the garage i will take it off you, i rebuild pumps and gearbox's for a living so a turbo should be no hassle!
Old 25-08-2012, 05:22 PM
DixieTheKid
Pick-up P100 Power!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by mcramsay
hey guys, first post on this forum, ive been watching in the shadows for a while but im in need of some parts and ebay is not coming up trumps!

basically i own a GBSC ZERO kit car, which has a brand spankers 2.0 black top fitted on jenvey throttle bodies and emerald ecu,

im looking to do a turbo install on it over the winter months, so im looking for a turbo that would be up to the job, most people seem to use the T3 turbo, but im not fussy, anything that will fit the bill! its going to be a complete custom install including the exhaust manifold so im not limited by anything like that. im looking for around 240 BHP from the engine on low boost (engine internals are going to be standard). so if any body has a turbo that fits the bill sat in the garage please let me know. im looking to do a bit of a budget install so im not after anything pricey. if you have cheap knackerd turbo sat in the garage i will take it off you, i rebuild pumps and gearbox's for a living so a turbo should be no hassle!
Ive got a T3 from a cossie up for grabs. PM me if of interest.
Old 25-08-2012, 05:30 PM
DixieTheKid
Pick-up P100 Power!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Post up some pics of your Zero. I was so close to buying one of those. The build time put me off oh and the million rivits lol.

Your also need to think about the gearbox, an MT75 or type 9 is not going to last long at 200 odd bhp. Your need to think about a T5 or a gearkit, being in the know shouldnt be a problem for you. Also change to a slipper (LSD) to keep the ass end in check. Looking forward to seeing it!
Old 26-08-2012, 07:49 AM
zippyobrien
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It won't do 240 on standard internals. With out lowering the compression it won't do more than 170 mate.

You need some low comp piston as a minimum. Looks to the states. With the favourable exchange rate you can get Rods and pistons for 500.

Should go well with the itbs aswell ( I assume your keeping them and getting a plenum. ? )
Old 26-08-2012, 10:38 AM
mcramsay
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The bottom end end will take 240 bhp standard, I will be using a decompression plate to lower the compression. Rather than change the pistons. As I said its going to be a budget install. I'm keeping the jenvey twin bodies. And I've got an inlet plenum from a Nissan pulsar which will fit the bill lovley with a new backplate and a bit of fettling.