Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

selp mapping fiesta st180

Search this Thread

Old 15-06-2016, 10:45 AM
d.kenny
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default selp mapping fiesta st180

hi all

i currently have a Subaru that i have mapped myself using opensource software and tactrix cable which for those of you unfamiliar basically allows full access to the ecu in order to edit and also log information to custom map the car to attain best performance

what id like to know if thwere is a similar option or software available for me to do it on my fiesta st180?

i have a few tools that i can retrieve the map with but didn't know if there was a specific cable for the fiesta that would enable me to do similar to what i can do with my Subaru?

i want to be able to log information firstly and then edit the map...i know this could be done with winols but without a 'map pack' of some sort would mean id have to basically decode the ecu which is another task in itself!

i want to make my own tweeks and have the ability to swap things as i please so i think a staged map or blufin/cobb (if you can even get them here) is not really what im after

i want to plug my own laptop in and view and edit data but just unfamiliar with how its done in the ford world!

any information would be much appreciated

cheers