Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

Ford P100 V6 Conversion

Search this Thread

Old 22-03-2014, 08:48 AM
5charlie46

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford P100 V6 Conversion

Morning all,

Pretty set on dropping a cologne into my P100 to give it a little more character, it seems like a nice bolt in conversion. I'm not that mechanically minded but generally manage to get by and my old man has a garage so I'm sure between us it'll fly in there.

What I was after was a sort of parts list of what I would need, was trying to do something like buy an old granada but they seem to be making strong money round here and there are a few engines on ebay.

The Pick-up has a 2 litre pinto in it currently, can I use the box thats in there?

what engine mounts would I need? Xr4?

Upgrades wise, I want to keep it with the load capacity but I thinking of upgrading the front suspension, brakes and possibly a power rack.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old 22-03-2014, 08:56 AM
DixieTheKid
Pick-up P100 Power!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by 5charlie46
Morning all,

Pretty set on dropping a cologne into my P100 to give it a little more character, it seems like a nice bolt in conversion. I'm not that mechanically minded but generally manage to get by and my old man has a garage so I'm sure between us it'll fly in there.

What I was after was a sort of parts list of what I would need, was trying to do something like buy an old granada but they seem to be making strong money round here and there are a few engines on ebay.

The Pick-up has a 2 litre pinto in it currently, can I use the box thats in there?

what engine mounts would I need? Xr4?

Upgrades wise, I want to keep it with the load capacity but I thinking of upgrading the front suspension, brakes and possibly a power rack.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Your need a t9 v6 bell housing, as long as yours is a pinto the box will be fine as the diesel box has a different length input shaft. Use v6 mounts, I believe they bolt straight on. Power rack is easy to change, but obviously you need to run the pump, I'm not sure cologne models had pas. If they did it's an easy task.

Keep us updated.