Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

Airbag/Incator Issues Mk5 Zetec S

Search this Thread

Old 25-08-2013, 03:27 PM
SmudgerByName
Ford Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Airbag/Incator Issues Mk5 Zetec S

Right guys heres a quick version of what happened. Changed steering wheel for another Fiesta one with Airbag everything worked but there was a constant clicking every time I turned the wheel so I removed it again to see what it was. Whilst removing it I snapped the Clock Spring (behind the steering wheel) cable so I have now replaced said spring and now the indicators DO NOT WOrk and the Airbag light is constantly on. So I decided to make the best of of bad situation and take the cable off the new spring and splice it with the old spring (that I know works) but still no good. I am NOT actually any good at electrical issues. Will happily get covered in crap stripping down an engine but show me a wiring harness and I run a mile so any advice would be MASSIVELY helpfull... (BTW I am in Birmingham if anyone is wiling to help out... Be a few beers in it for you)

Smudge