Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

2009 Focus 1.8tdci cutting out - help!

Search this Thread

Old 19-12-2012, 05:54 PM
Broken_focus
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2009 Focus 1.8tdci cutting out - help!

Hi

I've got a 2009 58-plate Focus 1.8tdci Zetec S that had done 78000miles, and it's been fine up until a month ago. I was on way down to Northampton, and after leaving the motorway after a 70odd mile stint the car just die when I came to stop at the roundabout. The car then would start. I had no warning lights up at all, when tried to start it it just never fired up. Anyway after a long wait Green Flag came out and diagnostic it and it came up with fuel pressure issue. I had to get recovered home, but cos it was a weekend garage was closed so go recovered home. Then on Monday, tried it and still wouldnt start, got towed to garage and then it magically started!! So I ran it for next month, just local driving and it was fine. Then at the weekend when on motorway again, shorter journey this time, but same thing happened when left motorway and came to stop, but this time it started after 20mins and was fine for rest of journey. Took it to garage again and diagnostic it again, but it came up with no problem.

Been told it might be fuel pump or fuel rail, but don't want to chuck money at the car if it's not going to fix it, and we won't be sure if it's fixed becuase when it's at the garage it's not broken!

Has anyone else had a similar problem or know what the problem might be?

Regards
Mike