Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

XR4i Full Beam will not turn off!

Search this Thread

Old 30-10-2009, 08:14 AM
Governor
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question XR4i Full Beam will not turn off!

XR4i Full Beam will not turn off! I used the car yesterday night, and all was O.K. The lights worked fine, until I put the full beam on. As another car approached I switched them back to dipped, the two inner spots go off, but the main lamps stay on full beam. These stay on even if I turn the lights off. In fact the only way to reset them is to turn the engine off and restart, then it's back to square one.

I recently fitted a second hand front left light so suspect this may be the culprit, but cannot fathom why. It worked fine originally.

Any ideas?

Mike
Old 30-10-2009, 09:07 AM
tabetha
BANNED
BANNED

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This is odd, as the main beam feed comes from the same source for the spots as the main h/light.
Are you using additional relays at all, as it sounds like a sensitive relay being fed, I would clean up the earths anyway, these always cause trouble, best thing is to put a new earth wire direct onto the spade terminal on the inner spot that you can see when removing the little cover, then straight out the rear cover to battery, will improve no end, as would rewiring the bulbs as well.
tabetha