Restorations, Rebuilds & Projects. Restoring her to Concourse? Just getting her running again? Or got a mad project? This is your room.

Fiesta ST race car project

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2011, 11:23 AM
BlairM
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tomorrow Penultimate weekend after tomorrow only October rounds to go.
Old 09-09-2011, 11:23 AM
BlairM

Originally Posted by duncans90
Great turnaround Blair and even impressive with your job situation etc

Yeh that's an even more muddled up situation as well after some calls this morning !!!
Old 09-09-2011, 11:50 AM
TimC
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Best of luck then Blair. Hope your rivals have some issues and drop some valuable points to give you a fighting chance
Old 13-09-2011, 01:17 PM
BlairM

Rounds 13 & 14 took place last Saturday at Knockhill.

At this point due to my crash at the last rounds I knew the championship was basically out of reach but it was mathmatically confirmed on Saturday. The good news is I have secured 2nd, I can't be caught at all. It's a good result but dissapointing considering how I was getting on at the beginning of the year.

It does feel a bit weird racing on a Saturday and as I felt no pressure was quite glad it was raining, quite heavily as well!

I hadn't run wet tyres all this year and had never had a brand new set on the track. So it was all new to me.

Qualifying was a bit of a feel my way around and I qualified 6th. 3 seconds off the pole time! Not good!

For Race 1 I made a terrific start, just the right amount of revs. I got up 1 position and nearly two.

It proved to be a really quiet race as I couldn't catch the car in front the most exciting part was passing all the slower XR2's who don't run wet tyres like us ST's.

Encouragingly my lap time had improved and was around 1 second slower than the leaders. I almost wanted race 2 to be wet now to improve my time.

Later in the day the rain stopped and the wind picked up so the track dried fairly quickly with other cars racing on it. Some clouds still looked threatening so I got all my slicks pressured up just to go on.

As the race before us went out everyone bolted on the slicks, we also had time to change the suspension around too back to dry settings. I had a new set of front slicks due to my accident at the last round ruining two tyres.

I could tell on the green flag lap the track was really slippy and 'green' which you'll probably here from F1 when they're talking about a track where all the rubber etc has been washed off due to rain.

I got a good start from 4th and was challenging for 3rd, in the process I'd changed down to 2nd to get a good run out of McIntyres but forgot about what gear I was in until I hit the limiter at Butchers!! That sort of held me back. On to the 2nd lap and as I turned into McIntyres the car just came round on me. Look at the video to see how early it went. I just touched the new red kerbs at but ended up on the exit kerb having to let the field drive past me!! Then I realised the engine had stalled!

So got going and only managed to make up 2 places by the flag, which was a red flag as an ST had ended up on it's roof at the exit of Clarks.

The 4th and 6th places were my worst weekend of the season and enough to knock any hope of me winning the title. As I said though it was a pretty foregone conclusion anyway.

I still have 2 races at Knockhill on October 9th where there are 2 wins available for the taking. Thats got to be my aim..

Race1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egYVOyEb6Hs

Race2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBzZozYaN4Q

Name:  BlairLarge.jpg
Views: 897
Size:  46.6 KB
Old 29-09-2011, 05:15 PM
Crowder

Thought I recognised a White striped fiesta on motors tv from somewhere!!
Old 29-09-2011, 07:16 PM
BlairM

Thats the one, hope you seen the telly coverage tonight. Few mentions in Race 1 but zilch in race 2!
Old 10-10-2011, 10:53 PM
BlairM

I was racing on the 9th October at Knockhill once again in the Fiesta's - these were the final two rounds of the season and I wanted to finish on a high!

My run of bad luck continued, although thankfully no serious consequences this time.

Started off as a wet day and I went out in qualifying, got a clear track and set pole position.

Race 1 came (also wet) and I practiced my start (ie revs etc) on the green flag lap. Come the race start I did the same and got nothing but wheelspin!!

Gutted doesn't sum it up. I was down to 3rd then as I slowed to make sure a rejoining car didn't hit me I got demoted to 4th. In the whole process I also lost my drivers side wing mirror from contact and this proved interesting later in the race when I was battling for 3rd. I couldn't see where other cars were!!

I ended up back down in 4th place and stayed here till the flag. On the last lap I was catching and could of overtaken the leading two XR2's however I decided I wasn't going to get 3rd so held back and let these guys fight it out without me sticking my nose in there.

The day was almost a copy of the September meeting in that it dried up for our second race, so we switched over to slick tyres.

Soon as I got out on track I knew this would be fun, there were still some damp patches at some corners waiting to catch you out. On our green flag lap I actually spun at the chicane, going onto the grass and collecting mud - my wheels were now well out of balance!

I took it so cautiously on the opening lap with a few moments but was holding 3rd place. Second lap, third corner and the car started sliding at the rear, I got the power on and ended up on the grass. Hit a bump and when the car landed again I done some damage to the front of the car.

I didn't know the extent of the damage but at this point I decided to drive back round and retire - the conditions were so tricky and my result wouldn't affect anything in the championship so didn't see the point in risking the car.

Hugely dissapointed in how my last 6 races turned out, the results in order were 3rd, DNF, 4th, 6th, 4th, DNF. I only scored 54 points in the last 6 races with nearly 200 coming from the previous 8.

2nd place in the championship is still a really good achievement but you don't get any prizes for finishing 2nd.

Hopefully I can organise something for 2012 and get back to normality!

Here are my two race onboards from the weekend:

Race 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zd-Ze6ql0bw

Race 2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtwb3aaLOcI
Old 25-10-2011, 08:50 PM
BlairM

Hi all,

ST is now home with me for the winter. Mainly to keep it dry and warm but also so I can get it looking nice and shiny for 2012. That's a bit up in the air at the moment, I'm not sure if I'm going to continue in the Scottish series or do several National Fiesta races down in England just for some fun.

I'm needing a few parts and would appreciate if anyone could point me in the right direction for them.

* Drivers side wing mirror
* Drivers & Passenger Doors
* Front & Rear Bumpers
* Any other body panels, lights etc you see let me know. There is always a use for them..

Hopefully I can keep the thread updated with any work I do to the car over the winter.
Old 07-11-2011, 08:45 PM
BlairM

Finally got round to cleaning the car at the weekend, to remove all the dirt from my last race off through the mud!

Doesn't look too dirty from the top:
Name:  b1a61a9a.jpg
Views: 748
Size:  116.2 KB

Most of the dirt was jammed between wishbones & driveshafts, and also the subframe and steering rack. Annoyingly the pressure washer was no good, so the only thing for it was to get my hands dirty. Not a nice job. After the majority was pulled out the pressure washer managed most of the rest:
Name:  c868f11f.jpg
Views: 771
Size:  111.0 KB

Post clean, after washing underneath the full car and inside arches I also snow foamed them!
Name:  3f71900d.jpg
Views: 780
Size:  91.5 KB

Name:  e9524574.jpg
Views: 753
Size:  54.7 KB

Downloaded an app to my iphone that takes panoramic shots, not sure if I done it the right way though! You get the idea though:

Name:  95a14f65.jpg
Views: 731
Size:  48.8 KB

My off also damaged the front bumper, centre section snapped so I bought a cheap solder iron and some plastic rods off ebay, to do a bit of plastic welding.. all seems to be holding up so far. Used a cable tie just to hold this bit in place:
Name:  653eda6a.jpg
Views: 734
Size:  40.0 KB
Name:  fe8f0a66.jpg
Views: 720
Size:  39.2 KB

I finished welding all the cracks in the bumper tonight, next thing to repair is the front panel. I'm hopeful that'll work, if not it's a new front panel.

Once I've done that I'll test fit the bumper back on and if all is OK get the bumper prepped ready for repainting.
Old 18-01-2012, 04:10 PM
BlairM

Little update, have been held off the ST during December because I had to do some DIY in the house (hate it!). Now glad to be back on.

A few updates to the championship that I'll be racing in in Scotland. Our cars will still fully comply with the BRSCC UK Fiesta regulations except that instead of Dunlop Wets/Slicks we now have to run Yokohama A048's. Not sure how I'll adapt to them.

The calendar has also been released, all rounds at Knockhill except the away round at Cadwell Park in June:

8 April 2012
5 / 6 May 2012
2 / 3 June 2012 *Cadwell Park*
21 / 22 July 2012
12 August 2012
23 September 2012
7 October 2012

Done a few things, main one is the bumper in the last post has now been filled in, sanded down etc now just ready to be given a final coat of paint - not sure whether to do it with some rattle cans or buy paint - my dad has all the painting gear I'd need.

I've taken the front panel off and I'm in the process of plastic welding this too. But for safety I think I'll put a few plates in to strengthen it up a bit, don't fancy it breaking mid race.

I also had some spare carbon fibre style vinyl left so got my heat gun out and applied it to my mirror covers. Quicker than repainting them but I'm not sure if it's too much with the stripes. They might look better a flourescent colour? Thoughts?

Before:
Name:  ea669c6a.jpg
Views: 766
Size:  52.5 KB

After:
Name:  364f27f0.jpg
Views: 769
Size:  63.2 KB

Name:  94846649.jpg
Views: 764
Size:  79.6 KB

Name:  16a00bd2.jpg
Views: 744
Size:  66.8 KB
Old 18-01-2012, 08:09 PM
Brian
10K+ Poster!!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Mirrors look smart mate was they hard to do?

Brian
Old 18-01-2012, 08:38 PM
BlairM

A little bit Brian. They look ok in photos but there's a few creases in them and I actually melted a bit with the heat gun.

I'll probably knock them off at the first meeting anyway so it doesn't matter.
Old 18-01-2012, 08:46 PM
The Youth.
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 55 Likes on 53 Posts

Nice one blair, glad to see your racing again, we are racing with you at knockhill on the 5th/6th may our first 2 rounds
whats the camping like at knockhill is it ok?

steve
Old 18-01-2012, 08:58 PM
BlairM

I think it's round the back of the garages but you might need to contact the circuit about that? Think they charge!

That'll be why it's a 2 day meeting if you're coming up. Or some other reason maybe. We're going to Cadwell this year in June which, whilst it's nice is nearly twice the drive as Croft is to me so it means staying extra nights. More money!

Been before but never driven the circuit so need to start learning about it.
Old 18-01-2012, 09:29 PM
The Youth.
PassionFord Post Whore!!

you will love cadwell it's really is a fantastic track to race on, good facilities aswell, nice retaurant/bar showers etc
were not there this year tho but instead we are supporting the british Gt /F3 championship at snetterton in august

steve
Old 18-01-2012, 10:54 PM
BlairM

That's a lucky draw that. Snetterton's a fair trek for NSSCC?

Our Scottish Mini's have been asked to support the BTCC twice this year. At Croft and Knockhill though I think that's to be confirmed yet..
Old 19-01-2012, 06:41 AM
purplecivicturbo
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Wow, cracking car. Im sorry about your misfortune, but i can see youll recover well. Really good thread to read- without a doubt bookmarked!
Old 19-01-2012, 10:29 AM
BlairM

Thankyou!
Old 20-01-2012, 09:52 PM
The Youth.
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by BlairM
That's a lucky draw that. Snetterton's a fair trek for NSSCC?

Our Scottish Mini's have been asked to support the BTCC twice this year. At Croft and Knockhill though I think that's to be confirmed yet..
yes m8 it's a fair drive to snetterton but im sure that supporting 2 such big championships it will be worth it, were are trying to sort out a tv deal for it aswell

steve
Old 05-02-2012, 09:27 PM
BlairM

Towards the end of last year I noticed one of the adjusters on the suspesnion reservoir was constantly spinning. There should be 15 clicks from one end to the other - between the full hard and full soft settings.

This was on the front nearside so I've decided to send it off for repair.

My budget sadly doesn't allow me to send all 4 off for servicing/overhaul although that is what the manufacturer (AST) recommends. Logically though they have advised that I should do at least the front pair at the same time and not just one. Makes sense I suppose.

So after work this morning got home and set about it. It was a fairly simple job and both were off within an hour. The top plate has three fixings like the standard suspension unit, plus the bolt at the bottom of the strut. There was also the drop link to the anti roll bar to detach - another nut - so 5 fixings in all.

Because the AST unit is reasonably short it came out quite easy. I imagine this wouldn't be the case with a standard unit!

I will get these sent off to AST this week and they are advising it will take them 3-4 days to overhaul. As well as the repair a in a service they will replace all seals, o-rings, fluid etc. So I'm expecting them to be as good as new when they come back.

A few pics to show my work:

This is the top mount, the rectangular openings are when the bolts go through to fix to the standard mounting points, so this can be adjusted if you want.. you'll also see how we can get camber into the car here.
Name:  65f00452.jpg
Size:  72.9 KB

Name:  f9290993.jpg
Views: 758
Size:  65.3 KB

Near side strut off. It weights 5.9kg according to my scales.
Name:  4dd2765d.jpg
Views: 788
Size:  74.9 KB

And it looks a bit bare in here!
Name:  b277d6df.jpg
Views: 772
Size:  61.2 KB
Old 19-02-2012, 04:29 PM
BlairM

Decided my bonnet pins were too rusty for my liking. So at Ł8 a pair I've decided to fit some new ones. Did consider the fancy Aerocatch fixings but to get a pair of locking type is nearly Ł50 so Ł100 for the car all in. I can spend that elsewhere right now.

Pics are a wee bit blurry but you get the idea. Looks so much better.

Old pins:
Name:  DSCF8458Large.jpg
Views: 742
Size:  37.5 KB

What was left when I removed them:

Gave it a bit of a T cut and I've also touched up the rusty parts with primer (after I took this):
Name:  DSCF8462Large.jpg
Views: 752
Size:  15.2 KB

New pin fitted:
Name:  DSCF8464Large.jpg
Views: 781
Size:  19.9 KB

I've also sorted the bumper, it's all painted and polished up ready to go on. Just need to fit the grilles in.
Name:  DSCF8472Large.jpg
Views: 749
Size:  56.7 KB

Name:  DSCF8473Large.jpg
Views: 759
Size:  46.1 KB
Old 04-03-2012, 08:48 PM
BlairM

Hi all, got a few small updates here.

Best news recently is that I picked up a sponsor, they have supplied and fitted a new windscreen in my car in exchange for me running their name on my car this year.

They company is Autoglaze Ltd based in Kilmarnock. Have a look @ www.autoglazeltd.co.uk

I have also decided to try and promote my racing a bit more on Facebook after hearing about the positive way having a page has helped my friends business.

So if you haven't already can you please click on my page and like for me? Thanks!
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Blair...92717870753894

Anyway back to the car the season is getting ever closer (8th April).

Have been doing some small jobs on the car but these all take up time.

I am fitting new race number squares this year so have removed all 3 of the old ones. They've been on for 2 years and it looks like it.

Name:  DSCF8476.jpg
Size:  29.1 KB

A bit of polish later:

I also took the chance to clean, polish and seal my wheels. I've decided the silver wheels are what I'm going to run this year.

Name:  DSCF8484.jpg
Views: 762
Size:  76.2 KB

Then towards the end of the week I received back my AST dampers from a rebuild.

Name:  DSCF8483.jpg
Views: 797
Size:  80.9 KB

Unfortunately due to work only got round to fitting them today. Here's a photo of the top mount..

Name:  DSCF8488.jpg
Size:  45.1 KB

The bottom of the AST damper, with the adjustment knob showing.

You can also see my Goodridge hoses, which are cabled tied to the damper but with a clever small bit of rubber to space the hose away from the damper..

Name:  DSCF8492.jpg
Views: 789
Size:  94.2 KB

Finally after several weeks I've got the car back on it's wheels.

Name:  DSCF8495.jpg
Views: 764
Size:  70.5 KB

The eagle eyed may spot I have road tyres on there. The reason is I have sold all my old slicks & wets and needed something to move my car about on. My local tyre place kindly agreed to fit some old tyres they took off customers cars. You should see the absolute state of some of these tyres!!!

And finally just a pic I took cos it caught my eye with the evening sun shining..

Name:  DSCF8496.jpg
Views: 743
Size:  106.8 KB
Old 04-03-2012, 09:00 PM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

Received 1,042 Likes on 996 Posts

Top car this. You have come a long way with it.
Old 04-03-2012, 09:00 PM
M K
10K+ Poster!!

Received 60 Likes on 59 Posts

Good to see the car getting a freshen up Blair, congratulations on the sponsor too

Bet you can't wait to get back out there this year
Old 17-03-2012, 11:33 PM
BlairM

Sorry guys meant to thank you ages ago for the comments then my PC died!

Wee update time.. those that like my page might have seen some of my progress. For those not liking just search Blair Murdoch Racing on facebook.

I got my new radiator fitted and actually realised the old one's bent.. you can see in this pic. Bent enough for it to leak ever so slightly.

Name:  e444dc39.jpg
Views: 716
Size:  52.3 KB

So I was holding off on putting the front bumper and lights back in until this was done. They're all on now but in the meantime I went over the car with something similar to t cut just to bring through a shine followed by a full polish and wax.

This then allowed me to fit my new Fiesta ST Cup style sunstrip and number square stickers.

As it was a nice day today I got the car out, stripped and cleaned up the front brakes then took the chance to get a couple of pics in the sun.

Name:  DSCF8501.jpg
Views: 776
Size:  111.8 KB

Name:  DSCF8511.jpg
Views: 755
Size:  94.9 KB

My stripes used to go all the way down to the front number plate but since the bumper was repainted I haven't replaced them and I think it looks quite good.

Anyway Not much left to do now, first race is in 3 weeks but I need to take it to Knockhill and get it all setup at my friends garage.
Old 10-04-2012, 07:46 PM
BlairM

OK was first race at weekend.. here's a pic from testing.

Name:  Blair1.jpg
Size:  71.1 KB

We have new regulation tyres - Yokohama A048's so I spent testing on Saturday learning them. I was quite happy by the third session so sat out the fourth 15 minute session to save them as it's evident these have a shorter life than the old slicks we used.

Qualifying on Sunday morning and I managed to make good gaps for myself. I went out had a warm up lap, straight on it for 1 lap, then made myself a gap and went for it again. Repeated this a couple of times in the 10 minute session and it was good for a 3rd place 3 tenths off pole. (1:03.587)

In Race 1 I got a good initial start but then some wheelspin so lost 3rd and was back down to 4th. An un-intentional bit of contact at the second corner allowed me back into 3rd and at a couple of points during the race I did challenge for 2nd. All top 4 cars fought hard and were nose to tail throughout and at the line we finished all within 0.7 seconds of each other!! (Fastest Lap 1:03.523)

Before race 2 it started raining but it dried up a bit before the race so I'd describe it more a damp track. We have to use the Yokohamas in the wet so this was a learning experience for me but I was surprised, they felt good. We can of course back the suspension off to soft settings to help in damp conditions.

I got a reasonable start and was going for 3rd on the first lap when the car I was challenging turned into me and we both spun heading towards the chicane. My first concern was that we had a pack of XR2's behind so I went full on the gas and ended up on the grass but made my way back on track without any more damage. From there I was more or less last and on tyres I'd never driven on the wet but I went on a charge and my fastest lap was 1:07.765 so it was competitive. If I'd been at the front I'm sure I could of challenged for the win however I still managed to make my way back up to 4th, sadly catching the 3rd place guy just too late to challenge him finishing only 0.4 seconds behind him.

Last year I'd never have been happy with two 4th's but I am really pleased with my day's racing especially on the new Yokohamas'. It proved I still have the pace to be out there winning and realistically 0.7 seconds is nothing to lose a race and come 2nd never mind finish 4th like I did!

Next race is on 5/6th may so not far away really! Small tech problem is stopping videos right now but they will come in next couple of weeks!

Give my facebook page a wee like too. More updates on there:

www.facebook.com/BlairMurdochRacing
Old 10-04-2012, 08:08 PM
Miller 3
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Good luck this year Mr Murdoch
Old 10-04-2012, 09:00 PM
Paul1982sco
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Well least you didn't have the same contact that the classics had just before the chicane. Was a good days racing, my mate was racing the legends. The sports and saloons didn't have the biggest grid I have seen but hats off to Watson for racing the westfield on slicks in the rain.
Old 12-04-2012, 04:22 PM
BlairM

Originally Posted by Miller 3
Good luck this year Mr Murdoch
Thanks!

Originally Posted by Paul1982sco
Well least you didn't have the same contact that the classics had just before the chicane. Was a good days racing, my mate was racing the legends. The sports and saloons didn't have the biggest grid I have seen but hats off to Watson for racing the westfield on slicks in the rain.
Yeh I seen that Austin what a shame! The speed differential of some cars in the saloon classes is amazing.
Old 24-04-2012, 07:35 PM
BlairM

Have finally got the part for my new PC to allow me to get videos off my camera - so here they are!

Race1:
http://youtu.be/s9FNsEitORM

Race2:
http://youtu.be/JQJt-SxSbyI
Old 14-05-2012, 06:26 PM
BlairM

Hi guys, sorry for lack of updates I'm really struggling to find the time to do them. I am trying to keep my facebook page up to date however. www.facebook.com/BlairMurdochRacing

I have however got my latest videos up - see youtube.com/bmurdoch85

My last races consisted of a 5th and a 4th - I am expecting better results though we reckon there has been something wrong with the car setup.

Race 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=re2V8oWdAg4

Race 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ela_am5Ww4g
Old 14-05-2012, 07:48 PM
Miller 3
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I saw you on tv the other week bud when you had a comming together with that other car, looks like you was making a good come back aswell bud
Will you be at knockhill for time attack this year mate?
Old 14-05-2012, 08:59 PM
BlairM

Yeh that was an unfortunate incident!! The two videos above - those races will be on TV on 31st May.

Won't be at Time Attack, away at Cadwell weekend before.
Old 18-05-2012, 03:27 PM
0150carmac
PassionFord Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks Like You Having a great Time

Good Luck In The 2012 Series
Old 20-05-2015, 07:10 PM
Dgo666
Virgin

Default In the process of fitting dash but need help!

Hi

I'm in the process of fitting my dash back In and the cage is mine is very similar lay out to yours! Can you please tell me where you cut from and to and show me what sort of bracket you made to help the fixing of the dash back together?

Cheers
Old 10-08-2017, 11:45 PM
Tonytt
Virgin

Originally Posted by BlairM
This is my new baby now!

I started off racing Fiesta XR2's at Knockhill late in 2007. After a full season in them in 2008, I was offered the chance to test a race spec Fiesta ST in November 2008. Almost on the same day I decided that eventually I would like to trade in my XR2 for a newer ST - the car was that good!

I competed in several events in my XR2 in 2009 to keep my foot in the door, but the car was up for sale and sold in September. Just to make sure I was going down the right path, before commiting to my own build I borrowed an ST and raced it at the October SMRC meeting at Knockhill. Lots of fun, even if I was a little scared of damaging someone elses well prepared car.

A couple of weeks later I went to view a written off blue 54 reg ST in a barn that was awaiting final repairs and then a coat of paint - it was just needing someone to buy it.. The car didn't have any chassis damage, just cosmetic, so I gave the order to go ahead with my preferred colour choice - Frozen White.

The car was finished up this week and was delivered for me yesterday.

How Project ST looks as it stands tonight:

Exterior
Attachment 125009

Attachment 125010

Attachment 125011

Attachment 125012

Attachment 125013

Interior:
Attachment 125014

Attachment 125015

If you're wondering why the windows are only taped in, there's a good reason! They will need to come out again for rollcage, and were simply taped on to keep elements away from inside during transportation.

The engine for it is being stored elsewhere right now, just incase you're wondering if I forgot to ask for a car with one.

The car will be built to BRSCC Ford Fiesta Championship regulations, although my plans are initially to run in the Scottish Motor Racing Club*Fiesta ST Cup, which competes alongside the Mk2 XR2's I used to race.

Some of the specs of the car will be as follows:
-Standard 2.0 Duratec ST engine
-K&N induction kit
-Performance exhaust
-Weld in Rollcage, interior will be painted metallic grey
-AST Suspension (multi adjustable!) - regulation item
-15" ATS DTC Alloy Wheels, Dunlop tyres, slicks & wets - regulation item.
-Regular competition preparation items - for example:*race seat, harnesses, fire extinguisher, electrical cut off

As you will see from the pics, the interior seats are removed, however a lot still needs to be removed to prepare the car for it's rollcage. Carpets, dash, wiring loom are the obvious items.

As well as that door side impact bars need to be removed - for weight saving, all redundant metal mounts need to be removed, for example where the rear seat back secures into, and the big job for weight saving is to remove every bit of seam sealer in the car. This stuff is basically everywhere, it's also used as sound deadening on the roof and rear quarters.

I'm not sure how long the above jobs will take me but this project I'll be doing it along the way as I can afford it, so it may take a while longer than I'd hoped for - which was the start of the 2010 season. Unless I can get a sponsor between now and then it seems likely to be end of 2010 or start of 2011.

Hope you all enjoy following my progress.
How's the build going?
How did you get the seam sealer off?
Old 05-09-2018, 05:34 PM
John abboo
Virgin

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Fiesta st Cscc race car build

Hi guys,I’m looking for information and help to build fiesta st 150 race car for cscc or tin tops etc,
i have std car ready to adapt etc,your car looks lush and pics where a huge help,do u use the complete wiring loom or adapt to suit your needs etc,and also cage build regs as blue book is really complicated lol.anyhelp is very helpful I’m a mechanic and garage owner but this is all new lol regards John