Restorations, Rebuilds & Projects. Restoring her to Concourse? Just getting her running again? Or got a mad project? This is your room.

my track toy fiesta build

Search this Thread

Old 27-09-2008, 12:11 PM
Tank Mike
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my track toy fiesta build

It started off life as a bit of an all shower no goer.

It had a mint mint zetec s red interior witch swiftly found its way into the dump.

I found this one completey by chance, it did belone to one of my cosions mates, and he happened to see me one day and asked if i wanted to buy it. I jokingly said i'll give you £400 for it to witch he said, the bottom end has gone its yours.

Happy with my new toy i drove it round abit untill the engine exploded. i found out it was cheaper to install a 1.7 puma engine than it was to replace the 1.4 engine due to the 1.4 engine being high in demard and not many 1.4 fiestas being built.

The car had Comp TH2 and a set of brand new coilovers so i knew if it all went tits up i would make my money back by breaking it.

After driving my brother puple fiesta mk4 with the white comp mos on it was clear to me that these cars had potentioal to be something good with not alot of work.

So the work begun, i have never liked "Carpark cars" Its a shame to have a car with such a good chassis sitting in a carpark looking pritty with no bite.

The first thing to happen was to put car car on a crash diet, all luxarys that were not needed went in the bin, this was going to be a car that was funtion over form.

Roof lining.....................BIN

Central locking and lecy windows......................BIN

Complete MINT zetec s interior..........................BIN

Next job was to replace the car wiring loom as i wanted to run the digtal system so the dash came out and we started to replace the loom

as the dash was away being flocked it was tme to install the new powerplant, i must say using it with the 1.4 gearbox was the best chocie ever and i think it makes the car.

I then re fitted the dash a chucking in some 1.1 mk3 fiesta seats as my buckets were at the re trimmers and fitted some new fiesta zetec s wheels as the TH2 were a bit showy for my likeing.

Hope you like, another update soon......
Old 27-09-2008, 12:38 PM
Charlie Chalk
Unknown.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have you sold the TH's? Or want to, I know someone after them.

Cool car
Old 27-09-2008, 04:48 PM
wess-rs
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Oyeah i like it!!
Old 27-09-2008, 04:53 PM
SteveH
BANNED
BANNED

Thats cool mate, like the idea
Old 27-09-2008, 05:07 PM
Jimbo.

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice work, wise choice with the 1.7 lump. If your planning on some engine work speak to Shawspeed, they work wonders with the 1.6/1.7 lumps.

James
Old 27-09-2008, 05:22 PM
AaronsKa
Regular Contributor

Wicked car, i went to college with the owner before last, he put the ZS interior in haha, See your from staines, from Egham myself!
Old 27-09-2008, 06:57 PM
MrCapriScort
Old Fords Never Die

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks well sweet matey
Old 27-09-2008, 07:12 PM
Tank Mike

got lots and lots of plans, how far i get though them before the car ends up sold i don't know?

although the handling is spot on i do feel i can get a bit more out of it. im going to fully polybush the car and have it set up on corner weight scales.

it does have a bit of an issiue putting its power down though hard conering so i have already got a quafe LSD that im going to put in and as the box will be out and new clutch.

As for perfomance i do feel that engine can give so much more, im going to start with a nice set of cams and a decent exsaust. then i the long run i would like to run it on TB's and standalone management,

hopefully the tyres well be worn out soon, although the handling is pritty good the car can suffer from a loss of grip, although its not major im looking into so toyo proxy r888 tyres for next summer too

Sorry comps are sold