Excess after non fault accident

Search this Thread

Old 28-02-2012, 10:51 AM
Cowboi
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Excess after non fault accident

My partner was recently in an accident where someone (car A) went into the back of her.
She was stationary in traffic at the time and the impact was so hard it pushed her into the car infront (car B).
The police attended and also an independent whitness had stopped. Everyone agreed that it was car As fault.

Her car has now been assessed and is a total write off.
We ae still awaiting for car As insurance to admit liability but should hopefully be a given.

The problem is that car B will most likey claim from my partners insurance for the repairs to his car which will probably mean losing her no claims and also paying her excess which stands at £500.
If this is the case does anyone know if she can clam that money back from car A as if he had not hit her she would not have had to pay the excess?

The car is probably worth not much over £1000 so if she loses the excess it will leave her with only around £500 to get back on the road.
Old 28-02-2012, 07:13 PM
fastash1
S2 sold :(

If that is true it makes me soo angry, if nobby had decided to use the brake pedal you wouldn't have to spend money and loose no claims bonus. Surely it should all come off car A's insurance ?!

I am in a similar situation atm regarding having to pay excess when someone hit me.. bloody UK
Old 28-02-2012, 07:20 PM
Steve the Plumber
The original Rouge Trader

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

When my Van got pushed into a car in front of me, we both claimed from the person who hit me causing the accident,
Old 29-02-2012, 02:13 AM
demented
Virgin

What type of insurance cover does your partner have ?

Third Party ?
Third Party Fire & Theft ?
Comprehensive ?
Old 29-02-2012, 12:11 PM
Cowboi
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Its fully comprehensive.

I'm hoping as Steve said both parties can claim from the at fault driver but the insurance company said generally the very front car would claim from my partner and then costs recovered from the guy at the back.
Old 29-02-2012, 01:54 PM
s2turbsZVH
Will it ever end !!!!!!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its what is know as "uninsured losses" i.e. your excess and your NCD

You need to speak with your insurance company as i assume you have provided them with insurance details for party A to see if they will pursue your uninsured losses from Party - as you are fully comp this should be a given but just check.

You should also see about getting a hire car paid for by Party A as you car is written off as they are also liable to cover that as well.

I had this happen to me a few years back where someone hit from behind and i had a hire car, uninsured losses recovered and no affect on my NCB.
Old 29-02-2012, 03:11 PM
Keith Michaels PLC
Former Sponsor

Hey,

What s2turbsZVH is saying is pretty much all you need to know. What your insurance company will do is probably ask for your excess from you to help cover for the car you hit, but you will be given that money back once the claim has settled.

It's pretty straight fprward in these situations the witness' will be a big help as they will obvioulsy have seen the car go into your partner etc.

No major worries should be had it will be done quicker than you'll expect!

Trending Topics

Old 01-03-2012, 04:58 PM
Cowboi
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Cheers for the info guys. It's reassuring to know that she should get the excess back even if it is a bit further down the line.