Ford Fiesta This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Fiesta Range of cars.

MK5 Festa won't start. Fuel system?

Search this Thread

Old 18-03-2015, 04:01 PM
poo_and_wee
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MK5 Festa won't start. Fuel system?

Hey Guys

A little help needed.

I have a 51 plate Fiesta with the Endura-E engine. I have just replaced an alternator on it because the old one seized and tried to set fire to the car. Because the battery is now a dirty white box with water in it I had to use my Mondeo TD to crank it over. She started but then immediately cut out and then refuses to start again. I filled it with a little fuel (£5) and then tried again but to no avail. To test for a spark I used a strobe while cranking over. It strobed so I can only assume that it has a spark. I looked at the fuel pump and it’s cylindrical and dirty but other than that I have no idea how to proceed. I don’t know if it is working because I can’t see (or feel) where the damn terminals are. It could be that part of the injection system isn’t working. Is there a procedure to diagnose this issue further? I have checked the fuses by the way.

Thanks for reading. Hope you can shed some light on my predicament.

Fuel pump that I inspected was actually a fuel filter.

Last edited by poo_and_wee; 01-04-2015 at 01:41 PM. Reason: Fuel pump was a fuel filter - I'm stupid
Old 01-04-2015, 01:39 PM
poo_and_wee
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Update

So I change the fuel pump relay and a 10 amp fuse and the fuse keeps blowing. I read that someone with a similar problem had a blocked fuel filter but I have just changed mine and still blowing fuses. Trying to reset the ECU by clamping the battery leads together (without battery obviously) to clear all power but I don't think that will work. Perhaps it's the fuel pump which is what I am dreading as I don't want to have to drop the fuel tank on the driveway.