Fitness / Weight Training Discussions Don't drive around with 4 chins! Chat to like minded folk in here and get yourself back to a decent health and fitness level in no time.

Getting Started.......

Search this Thread

Old 25-02-2006, 03:57 PM
Spax
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting Started.......

Hi ppl, kind new in this room so be gentle on me lol

I'm currently going to the gym 3-4 times a week doing Cardio and a range of free weights and machines, I'm currently 62kg's and 5ft 11" tall , What i'm after is muscle growth....I've taken weightgain before and Protein shakes but didn't really see an advantage, can someone recommend sumthing to get me started

Thanks for your time people!

Spax
Old 26-02-2006, 02:50 AM
FastFordChris
Advanced PassionFord User

stick to a routine and good diet, give it time and you'll see results theres no special supliment you can take to speed things up it just takes time if you do it properly.
Old 26-02-2006, 08:12 AM
Kieron
Advanced PassionFord User

Looking at your weight and height I would say that you are a skinny person with a high metabolism? 9 stone 7!!!!!

If so and you want to put on muscle size I would recommend concentating more on the weights side rather than cardio. As for a suppliments a heavy weight gain (Carb & Protein) would be good. If your worried about gaining weight then stick to a Whey Protein but I can't see that would be an issue with you

To gain muscle size, keep the weights heavy and the reps down. Personally I would suggest that you go for no more than 10-12 reps and try to fit in some heavy sets where you can only manage say 6 reps. Try training one or two body parts a night. If you go to the gym 3-4 times a week try, back & bi's, chest & tri's, shoulders, traps & abs and lastly legs.

Might be worth putting your routine up so someone can advise on that?