Fitness / Weight Training Discussions Don't drive around with 4 chins! Chat to like minded folk in here and get yourself back to a decent health and fitness level in no time.

Big list of bodybuilding dvd's to buy.....

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2006, 09:23 PM
Manchester Mike
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Big list of bodybuilding dvd's to buy.....

I want them all!!!!!!

http://www.affordablesupplements.co....hp?cPath=37_39
Old 03-10-2006, 06:42 PM
juss 1
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

if you want a motavational dvd forget all the olimpia shite!!!youll only be pizd off at not ataining the mass and defination they have.

there is only one dvd you need and thats pumping iron with the oak!!!still the best bodybuilder ever
Old 03-10-2006, 07:23 PM
Manchester Mike

Yeah, i know what you mean, i've had pumping iron for a couple of years now, Arnie is the daddy!!

I just like watching the dvd's and looking at their bodys, i must be gay
Old 04-10-2006, 03:55 AM
juss 1

no certainly not BUT it is only something a body builder can appreciate and understand to others your either gay or a freak...
Old 05-10-2006, 01:40 PM
Martinshuter
Regular Contributor

dorian yates DVDs are always worth a but. IMHO he is the best all round bodybuilder, hence the titles for my olympia.

and btw arnie was mr olympia so i dont know why your saying "forget that olympia shite" when arnie competed and won mr olympia !!
Old 05-10-2006, 02:27 PM
juss 1

yes i know and if you read my post i said its coz you wont attain the physiques they NOW have there is plenty of people in ordinary gyms up and down the country the same size as or bigger than arnie.there is a good chance you could not win even a good local nabba compition certainly not the britain now the size arnie was so thats why i said olimpia shite and if joe and associated are to be believed all gear free

But i certainly agree with the comement about dorian "the shadow" i remember when he was just starting out and endorsing "great stuff" then off he went and trained with the late great mike menzer and boom hooge!!!

if you have watched his dvds youll also know its very hard to train as he does 1 rep failure.

top and bottom of it all is its each to there own but arnie the best bodybuilder ever not just coz of his wins or size but coz of what he did with body building and that was bring it to the masses and make it acceptable!!!
Old 06-10-2006, 09:02 AM
Martinshuter
Regular Contributor

i have one of Yates DVDs and i train exactly the same way he does, i rep failure.

Personally i did like arnie as a bodybuilder and what he did for the sport is fantastic. Although you do know arnie was on gear, in fact he was the person who made Dianabol so popular. (im sure thats one of the things he took) Dorian went under 1 drastic change to his routine, diet. He started taking HGH and got mahoosive. how do i know this? i used to train in his gym in birmingham with an ex powerlifting champion.

Trending Topics

Old 06-10-2006, 03:10 PM
juss 1

aye growth and probs insulin.... will do the trick tho i remember reading an artical once in flex about arnie and franco having a big discussion on wether they should up there gear in take from one dianabol tab a day to two dont know if it was just arnie being his usual piss taking self but how funny is that most people using gear well (abusing) discuss if the should up there shot to two a day every day.i think arnie probs used groth to if you notice the gap in his teeth this is usually caused by the jaw growing with growth use haney also had a canny one too although i cant say for sure!!

having said that there is still nowt better to garuntee growth than the old dbol and decca if used correctlyand being legit well obviously not the deca but p5 just the same. i personally think the problem nowadays is there is too much of the more is better attitude when really its how you use it and most importantly the nutrition and sleep thats the main factor.
listen to me youd think i was training in the 70's or somit
Old 06-10-2006, 06:25 PM
Manchester Mike

Originally Posted by juss 1
if you have watched his dvds youll also know its very hard to train as he does 1 rep failure.
Could somebody explain what this is??
Old 06-10-2006, 06:28 PM
juss 1

basically warm up correctly then load a maximum amount of weight you can shift in any given exercise and perform the action once in a slow and controlled manner resulting in failure of the muscle. you must have a spotter to catch and assist you with the weight its is only for very experienced bodybuilders and should not be attempted unless you fully know what your doing as you will almost certainly result in injury.
Old 06-10-2006, 06:31 PM
juss 1

mike it is not a short cut or easy method of training it is grusome and very hard to effect and get results from unless your really experienced . best to stick to reps in the range of 6-8 to build mass
Old 06-10-2006, 06:34 PM
Manchester Mike

Cheers mate
Old 06-10-2006, 06:35 PM
juss 1

ne probs dude dont want you hurting your self
Old 06-10-2006, 07:25 PM
saphlover
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by juss 1
mike it is not a short cut or easy method of training it is grusome and very hard to effect and get results from unless your really experienced . best to stick to reps in the range of 6-8 to build mass
You mention reps of 6-8 there what does that mean? I got told you do 3 sets of 12 reps with each weight, or are you talking something completely different?
Old 06-10-2006, 07:40 PM
juss 1

no its the same thing but thats old knowledge it is proven that you get more gains (muscle) by lowering the reps and upping the weight

example if you do 12 reps of say 50 kg for 3 sets you have over all moved 1800 kilos ok??with little effort which means not much muscle fatigue..

however if you were to lower the reps to 6 instead of 12 and do 100 kilos you would still be moving over all the same amount of weight ie 1800 kilos but with much more effort (resistance) so you make the muscles work harder there for inducing more growth.

i hope you understand this its hard to explain in typing..

basically the shorter and motre expolsive the movement the more your muscles grow.

example long distance runner = skinny physique (12 reps low weight)
100 meter sprinter = muscley physique (6 reps high weight)