Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

over heating

Search this Thread

Old 26-01-2006, 08:01 PM
matcossy
Regular Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default over heating

driving home 2night in my 2wd saff and temp gauge goes sky high, and heater went cold, when i pulled up on the drive way i switched of the car and checked under the bonnet, coolent over flowing from the pressurised cap on the expansion bottle, when i released the pressure the bottle sucked in and there were some very strange noises coming from the radiator and pipe work sounded like water rushing in at high speed, its done this a couple of times. ive noticed a very small leak on the water leak gasket when i topped it up with water, i bled the system and left it running for half hour, it seems ok with no problems, does anyone know what can cause it to over heat bearing in mind ive just changed the gasket to a multi layer all steel gasket, can anyone help me as its doing my head in and getting unreliable to drive long distance
also whats the benifits of fitting 4wd water pump and thermostat housing
Old 27-01-2006, 05:50 PM
martinmace
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

a water leak wont help matters mate get that sorted first and then go from there, my cossie did this after a rebuild and turned out to be the head
Old 27-01-2006, 06:17 PM
Philly_F

is your fan working?