Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

Key code Radio question

Search this Thread

Old 19-07-2004, 08:01 PM
Bren

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Key code Radio question

Hi Guys,
I have just bought myself a 1997 Mondeo Ghia x, it has a 7000 model radio installed but the previous owner has lost the panel that pops off, with the numbers 2,3,4 and 5 on it,
I think I have the code for the radio written down in the documents,
its a 4 digit code,
If I get a new front panel that slots in will this automatically work once I key in the code or will the radio need the original panel.

I tried my friends numbered panel and nothing switched on or lit up, so either they dont work at all or a fuse may have blown for the radio,
Next Question, Wheres the fuse Box,
Regards Bren
Old 20-07-2004, 07:53 PM
Bren

bttt
Old 20-07-2004, 09:54 PM
James
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any front should work as i know on the lower spec radios the fronts aren't coded into the sets.

Fuse box will be behind the glovebox, however there will be a fuse in the back of the radio so take it out and check that first.
Old 21-07-2004, 06:00 PM
Bren

Hi, I have removed the panel they gave me at the car Auction when I bought the car on monday,
It has a different pin configuration.
I am now told that there are 3 types of front panel that all look the same from the front but the rear where they clip on are all different.
The lower spec models has plastic arms on them, the mid spec items have a 8 pin electrical connection and my model for the top spec GhiaX have an electrical connection layout all of there own. Its the only one they dont have in stock,
I rand a few scrap yards and they only sell the complete units and they didn't even have these in stock.
I've been told that Ford charge around £60 for the fronts which looks like the only option I am left with unless you guys can help or advise.

ps, The car is great, really smooth and it sounds great, my friends and even family can't believe I bought a ford, But I really am impressed with the car, looks like i'm been converted.
Thanks for any help
Regards Bren