Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

heated windscreen?

Search this Thread

Old 29-09-2005, 10:29 AM
daviddunlop83
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default heated windscreen?

need to get my window replaced again, 2nd time in two months, but is it possible to wire a heated one up as the one in it isnt heated

I know the connectors are there at the bottom of the screen in the middle in engine bay but what else do i need apart from the swtich inside?
Anyone know?

thanks
Old 29-09-2005, 01:47 PM
AJ Escos
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if you have the connector for the screen aty the bottom, it may just be a case of getting a switch and finding the unused plug behind the dash as it should be there, probably need a relay in the fuse box aswell as yours probably isnt fitted with one,best bet is to get a focus with a heated screen next to yours and compare, you should find it easier to get the correct plug and work out what relay is different in the fuse box. HTH
Old 29-09-2005, 05:22 PM
Al Bags
Advanced PassionFord User

The Engine Bay Main wiring .. 14K733 may/may not support Heated Windshield.
If it does not support, and the car is a low series model, the receptacles for the relay will not be in the Fuseboard (14A073) If you PM me the VIN, I will tell you EXACTLY what wiring the car was built with (so long as the car's build is after 2001) and let you know if an upgrade is possible. Dealers can't do this, I'm afraid. It requires access to the specific build data (not just the minor features)
Failing that, you will need to get yourself a separate relay (I can give you the finis) and wire up independantly to a stock switch you could install on the Heating panel.

Cheers ......
Old 30-09-2005, 09:40 PM
Lee-j
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

I fit these all day long, remember the heated screen is earthed behind the interior light on later models (the ones with centre plug under the bonnet) with a bolt to chassis if you end up having to wire it in yourself. Any decent windscreen company should supply you with a heated screen even if yours isn't one as long as its thru insurance, just tell em theres one in it and if when he comes to fit it the fitter questions it just say it was made with one and someones put a cheap one in